I lost hope on CD Projekt Red

+
I have lost my hope on you guys, I bought CyberPunk for my PS4 Pro the Physical Media one of the best game I played last year, Plat the game, now after 6 months creating the Patch I cant play it.... and the only reply from the Devs is we are working for PCGamers PS4 users sorry but we have no idea what the heck happen but we are working on it .....YOU GUYS HAD 6 MONTHS, 6 MONTHS and didnt your QA saw this happen????
This will screw big time on your Witcher Series.... The lack of Communication and the lack of checking for real bugs before launch its killing you guys only

I have lost my hope on you guys, I bought CyberPunk for my PS4 Pro the Physical Media one of the best game I played last year, Plat the game, now after 6 months creating the Patch I cant play it.... and the only reply from the Devs is we are working for PCGamers PS4 users sorry but we have no idea what the heck happen but we are working on it .....YOU GUYS HAD 6 MONTHS, 6 MONTHS and didnt your QA saw this happen????
This will screw big time on your Witcher Series.... The lack of Communication and the lack of checking for real bugs before launch its killing you guys only

I think it'll probably be fixed in a couple of days. This strikes me as one of those things that will get top priority.

But it does sort of characterize the bad luck with this game.

If It's any consolation, I *TOO* am on a PS4 Pro and tested it out. It's fantastic and I TOO got the damn thing to crash on me too. I even deleted it to re-download it.

So it will work.

I think it'll probably be fixed in a couple of days. This strikes me as one of those things that will get top priority.

But it does sort of characterize the bad luck with this game.

If It's any consolation, I *TOO* am on a PS4 Pro and tested it out. It's fantastic and I TOO got the damn thing to crash on me too. I even deleted it to re-download it.

So it will work.
What gets me sad is they had enough time to work so that such thing would not happen.... dude it really and I mean really gets me mad with them... they want us to trust them but now .... and trust me there is a lot of people who are just tired of CD Projekt Red BS reply or only caring for PCGAMERS and Next Gen....

So you include XB1 and XB1x as "next-gen", because if they don't care about "old" gen anymore, why to not do the same on XB1 version ? (which I suppose have way less players on it)
I dont have the Xbox so I cant talk about it what I can say is the only reply for fix was for PCGame and no reply not even an apology for PS4 users or Xbox if it has the same issue

What gets me sad is they had enough time to work so that such thing would not happen.... dude it really and I mean really gets me mad with them... they want us to trust them but now .... and trust me there is a lot of people who are just tired of CD Projekt Red BS reply or only caring for PCGAMERS and Next Gen....

The thing is that these things happen erratically on the systems. I crashed 19 times playing the Maelstrom mission on my old PS4 Slim.

Other people? Nothing at all.

So I don't entirely blame CDPR here.

Hi there, I completely get where you are coming from regarding losing all hope for CDPR.

I do not think they have used much in the way of common sense in the creation of Cyberpunk at all. I personally am not impressed with this update at all. I’m on xbox one s and I see there little to be excited about, I might have been had CDPR actually added NG+ to the update as it’s a feature that has been requested and was hoped for in this update but was not delivered.

Their lack of common and business sense is overwhelming and I cannot believe I was stupid enough to buy this game at 50 odd quid on the Xbox marketplace a few months ago, I wish I had listened to my gut instinct to wait for another few months. I actually deleted the game off my Xbox last night but redownloaded to give it another go in the hope that they did actually add NG+.

Furthermore their lack of communication throughout this period has been utterly disgraceful, they were clearly hoping for the same response they got when Witcher 3 was released but that was not the case.

They have a hulliva load of damage control to do and become reliable.

I sure as heck am the same as you and have lost hope in them. They have committed corporate suicide as far as I’m concerned as I know we’re not the only ones who aren’t remotely impressed by them.

I think selling the game on Xbox marketplace on sale for £24 is a clear sign that they know they have messed up. I have zero trust or hope in them!

Hi there, I completely get where you are coming from regarding losing all hope for CDPR.

I do not think they have used much in the way of common sense in the creation of Cyberpunk at all. I personally am not impressed with this update at all. I’m on xbox one s and I see there little to be excited about, I might have been had CDPR actually added NG+ to the update as it’s a feature that has been requested and was hoped for in this update but was not delivered.

Their lack of common and business sense is overwhelming and I cannot believe I was stupid enough to buy this game at 50 odd quid on the Xbox marketplace a few months ago, I wish I had listened to my gut instinct to wait for another few months. I actually deleted the game off my Xbox last night but redownloaded to give it another go in the hope that they did actually add NG+.

Furthermore their lack of communication throughout this period has been utterly disgraceful, they were clearly hoping for the same response they got when Witcher 3 was released but that was not the case.

They have a hulliva load of damage control to do and become reliable.

I sure as heck am the same as you and have lost hope in them. They have committed corporate suicide as far as I’m concerned as I know we’re not the only ones who aren’t remotely impressed by them.

I think selling the game on Xbox marketplace on sale for £24 is a clear sign that they know they have messed up. I have zero trust or hope in them!

As we've learned with the transmogrification leak, CD Projekt Red has plans for a lot of stuff in future updates. They're dividing the good stuff over multiple updates so people won't go through all the content at once.

NG+ was undoubtedly left out so people would stick with the game until the next update.

Its fair to be upset, the game should be working on the supported platforms.

But... QA did not test the same build for 6 months (far from that). I guess they did not have this problem on their PS4s. There is also patch verification from Sony. They cannot realease it blindly and they would not if they expected such bug after testing.

So IMHO it is one of those issues that really appears only if there are huge amount of users.

Last edited:

Time to buy a PS5. I have this game for PS5 and its truly amazing. It probably shouldn't have been made for 'old' gen

The answer of "buy a Playstation 5" is already tiresome. That would be the way if CD Projekt hadn't promised the game for Playstation 4 and charged for it.

I'm not interested in a PS5, I plan to buy an Xbox Series X. I want to continue playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my PS4 and that's it.

Surely there will be someone who says "well, buy it on Xbox, it has a discount". Also, they won't let me play on PS4 and my response to all of that is…give them more money?

We are consumers trying to have a little respect. We're not asking for much, just play the video game we pay for.

I think CDPR has fulfilled their obligation of providing best effort support for old hardware. They tried it, it was not a good success, they tried to fix it as best they could, and it's in about as good a state (once the major 1.5 bugs are fixed) as it will likely ever be. They have to move on to modern hardware or let the old hardware drag down their entire franchise.

I have been very hard on CDPR in the past. In this case I think they did as well as they could have with 1.5 in the time they had, and it's time to minimize resources spent on older hardware. I feel bad for folks that can't upgrade their hardware for various reasons, but CDPR is a business and not a charity. It's true they bit off more than they could chew in terms of platform support, but at some point they have to correct that as a business.

That's right, it's a business. It's not charity and they already charged full price for the game. Therefore, their obligation is to at least make the game able to work, which it doesn't.

Again, the "buy a playstation 5" or similar argument doesn't work. should they have focused on next gen? Most likely, but they already charged all of us who played on the old one.

So the demand is genuine. Hopefully soon they will make it work, no good a "they gave the best possible, nor mod.

That's right, it's a business. It's not charity and they already charged full price for the game. Therefore, their obligation is to at least make the game able to work, which it doesn't.

Again, the "buy a playstation 5" or similar argument doesn't work. should they have focused on next gen? Most likely, but they already charged all of us who played on the old one.

So the demand is genuine. Hopefully soon they will make it work, no good a "they gave the best possible, nor mod.
I can't disagree with you.
As much as I was wanting to jump in to this game, the PC specs made me cautious. The delays were kind of red flag to me as well so I decided first to wait until I got a PS5 and after the launch dissaster to wait a bit more for the PS5 update and reviews/demo.
In hindsight I considder myself kind of lucky to be as patient as I was: It rewarded me with the trial and a discount.

In all fairness, they should put a huge effort to satisfy their first hour backers instead of only rewarding the people that waited until it was a safe bet.
It is unfair to expect the full 4K graphic experience for a PS4 (Pro) but the issues we see now are on another level and those should be solverd. The game should be at least of the same level as The Witcher for those who bought it for the last gen consoles.

Top Bottom