I love this game!

+
There are so many moments in this game that could be made into shorts. Multiple moments of asking myself "How" and "Why?" - Maelstrom Voice

I still haven't gotten into the mods and stuff yet. Maybe eventually.

Attachments

• photomode_18122021_152305.png
    photomode_18122021_152305.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
I see so much in this game worthy of credit and so little worthy of criticism. I think that valid criticisms will be addressed by the devs - they have admitted that the release version did not live up to their expectations or ours - and that the future of CP2077 is bright. Like you I have not yet even started with mods and there are some very exciting things happening in that space.

I see so much in this game worthy of credit and so little worthy of criticism. I think that valid criticisms will be addressed by the devs - they have admitted that the release version did not live up to their expectations or ours - and that the future of CP2077 is bright. Like you I have not yet even started with mods and there are some very exciting things happening in that space.
The Cyberpunk franchise has a fuckton of potential, I agree

I see so much in this game worthy of credit and so little worthy of criticism. I think that valid criticisms will be addressed by the devs - they have admitted that the release version did not live up to their expectations or ours - and that the future of CP2077 is bright.

That’s very much depending on what you (or the devs) see worthy of criticism and fixing.

I, for example, can’t expect my criticisms to ve addressed. (And they are not ”a complete overhaul of the existing game” as so many often interpret them.)

I give credit when it is due (and I have), and even though I tend to criticise a lot more than praise, I do recognize where it succeeds.

The Cyberpunk franchise has a fuckton of potential

This is very true. The franchise has literally boatloads of potential. On multiple levels. The big question is, how much of it will be harnessed. One could argue that not much in 2077 even if one loves the game.

But future will show how things go from here.

The Cyberpunk franchise has a fuckton of potential, I agree
I do not have expectations for sequel but I see there is potential in commercial aspect and as form of expression in interactive format. The two don't necessarily exclude each others but sequels being better, as subjective what is better may be, for me those occurs rather as exception than rule, be that a novel or movie or a videogame.

Last edited:
This is very true. The franchise has literally boatloads of potential. On multiple levels. The big question is, how much of it will be harnessed. One could argue that not much in 2077 even if one loves the game.
Why do you say that? Technically, if you look at the game as a huge experiment for producing an asset out of an asset creation expedition, CDPR has demonstrated in one game that they have the tools to produce multiple games in several genres that were all demoed (at various degrees) in one game. From what CP2077 demonstrated, CDPR has the resources to do everything from RPGs to racecar games. Even though the company focuses on RPG experiences, it's difficult to ignore that they can expand their game offerings with ease just by sampling, even mixing and matching what they've done with a single IP. If anything it was a great hint at the future of the company, even CP2077 as a sequel, franchise, and/or alternative future work.

I see where you're at as far as the current standing and "potential future" of the current game, but does anyone really think that they aren't going to do more with it? It's been near a year since I first purchased the game, I'm on my 4th playthrough and I'm still finding stuff that I missed the first 3 times. I'm still faced with questions like "Is this a glitch, feature, or an untriggered piece of content?"

If no one takes the risks to push the boundaries there would be little progress to the trend of making clones of other games. CDPR took the risk and bit the bullet, one year later I pick up a product so wonderful I've played it for 30 hours straight and forgot most of my IRL worries and didn't give a sheep about spending Christmas alone :)

The game even runs smooth on my 7 year old gaming laptop that's a wonderful surprise considering the complaints on performance issues.

If no one takes the risks to push the boundaries there would be little progress to the trend of making clones of other games. CDPR took the risk and bit the bullet

This is one of those things I don’t quite get. Where does this ”risk to push things forward instead making clones” happen??

From what I can tell, a lot of the criticism is precisely because that did not seem to happen.

What a refreshing thread (y) glad to read some measured enjoyment, damn straight, game's awesome despite the glitchiness. V4 is scooting around the city on PS5 and also discovering new things everywhere, not least the fun to be had beheading naughty folk with monowires, and my partner snapped it up in the steam sale finally and is adoring her first run through, blown away at every turn by the amount of everything everywhere and the picture perfect future-tek vibes. So apologies for barging in on such a measured thread with some straight up gushing subjective love, but hey what can you do? :p

I've racked up 500+ hours which is more than the last 7 games I've played so yeah, I definitely got my moneys worth.
I just started playing Red Dead 2 and frankly, I'm bored...I miss Night City.
Found it amusing you posted a screenshot of a garbage dump lol.
I'm probably about early-midway through the story and taking a break after being politely friend-zoned by Her Highness of the Badlands, I decided I had enough of post-traumatic thoughts and went downstairs to take a walk.

The place just feels 'at home' growing up IRL in urban dystopia, and I prefer this sort of Old Delhi or Kuala Lumpur outskirts style sprawl (incomplete, messy, everyone keeps telling me unsafe for single women...) than the meticulous and artificial cleanliness of Singapore (feels like a corpo district - I just go there for work).

Scanned some graffiti, took a few small jobs recovering peoples' lost assets, 'socialized' with some Tyger Claws bosses, all in a days' work.
I don't think I can go back to the previous game which kept me occupied with mods for the better part of 5 years - Night City is so much bigger, livelier, and pleasant to get in a car and cruise in because there's so much things to see and do (even if there really aren't for those who are already used to the game) - its the pretend reality aspect I love.

And the fact it's closer to near-future reality if we look at what nonsense is going on in the world today. Big Corpo's are starting to have influence over humankind's direction in space exploration, economics, even shape our thoughts thanks to near-constant media influence - what we wear and eat today has a lot of commercial influence, good or bad. Like seeing a whole generation in Asia grow up craving for McDonalds and indirectly throwing out much of its traditional heritage from daily life.

But that's another (fan)story for another time.

Top Bottom