I Need Deverloper Anwser .This Game is only Early Access?

+
Damn, I've never watched the 2018 demo because I wanted to experience everything by myself. This video hurts a lot. So many small details are gone. So many things just cut from the game. They even didn't bother to convert the third person animation into to "more immersive" first person. Everything's just gone.

Don't get me wrong, it's still an amazing game and it's fun, but it's nowhere near that video. And no patching will solve this. The game will never get to that 2018 state.

Thing is that most things are detailed to a degree that not many have done before, when I ride my bike around night city and beyond, boy do I feel so immersed, you hear the engine revving, mechanical sound of the gears changing, the beauty of the world etc. and all the worries go away. On the other hand the things that don't work are simply not there and the gap between them is huge. In my line of work a mistake of this scale wouldn't solve itself or by just saying that you're sorry doesn't cut it. Whatever happened, happened I guess and things can only get better from now on.
I just felt that I had to share all this. I will continue enjoy playing this game with my own weird way and I really hope that with enough patience it can properly shine like the diamond it is. I want this game/genre to disgust me by the harshness and cruelty of the world which it already does and not the problems that exist and at the same time attract me by it's unique beauty, that's cyberpunk for me.

Hoping they will and trying to be optimistic. But it cannot be ignored the overwhelming voice, even just in this forum, of some of the potentially greatest aspects of this game being seriously underwhelming and lacking.

Would be nice for someone, anyone, from CDPR to stick their neck out and say we feel you, this is what we are or are planning to address. Or something that acknowledges the issues. Even more for the fact this isn't one or two people or reviewers, this is many (and still growing by the look of it) gamers across forums and social media who are disappointed that what we got is a shell of the game that was represented.

It the management has some sense, they will do this, but without any communication or roadmap. It's better not to create further "deadlines" and not rushing the devs

Dead line not important Now but what is they wiil add is more impotent . You cant release game like this ! Just tell the game will be same in that game play Video!!!

The funny thing is, most of the things in the gameplay video made it into the game and the first mission where you take the spider bot... with some minor downgrades. (Can't wall jump, can't put your wire into a maelstrom guy, the robot doesn't follow you but just sits in your inventory, etc.)

However, that mission is... LITERALLY... THE ONLY MISSION IN THE ENTIRE GAME with any degree of meaningful choice. Every other mission is either on rails, or the side stuff is inconsequential beyond giving you more or less people to shoot at.

So technically? Their hands are clean. But the game really felt like it just had the scav tutorial mission + the robot mission up its sleeve, and anything further was either rushed (...which is a weak excuse for 8 years of dev time), or the devs just didn't give a damn to put as much detail into each mission as they did into those in the trailer.

The funny thing is, most of the things in the gameplay video made it into the game and the first mission where you take the spider bot... with some minor downgrades. (Can't wall jump, can't put your wire into a maelstrom guy, the robot doesn't follow you but just sits in your inventory, etc.)

However, that mission is... LITERALLY... THE ONLY MISSION IN THE ENTIRE GAME with any degree of meaningful choice. Every other mission is either on rails, or the side stuff is inconsequential beyond giving you more or less people to shoot at.

So technically? Their hands are clean. But the game really felt like it just had the scav tutorial mission + the robot mission up its sleeve, and anything further was either rushed (...which is a weak excuse for 8 years of dev time), or the devs just didn't give a damn to put as much detail into each mission as they did into those in the trailer.

Clean hands? Well I wouldn't call it that way. Each 2 minutes in that demo the narrator explains a feature that didn't make it into the final game. The gameplay is completely stripped down.

Clean hands? Well I wouldn't call it that way. Each 2 minutes in that demo the narrator explains a feature that didn't make it into the final game. The gameplay is completely stripped down.

I agree. It's just really sneaky how you can't point at the trailer and say it's false advertising because -most of it- is in the game (if in a very shallow form), and the other things that were only mentioned could be shrugged off by 'work in progress, subject to change'.

I don't defend this. I am just saying that if there was to be a legal case of false advertising, they deceived us in such a clever way that there won't be a case to make. Disappointment is, sadly, not legally defensible.

I agree. It's just really sneaky how you can't point at the trailer and say it's false advertising because -most of it- is in the game (if in a very shallow form), and the other things that were only mentioned could be shrugged off by 'work in progress, subject to change'.

I don't defend this. I am just saying that if there was to be a legal case of false advertising, they deceived us in such a clever way that there won't be a case to make. Disappointment is, sadly, not legally defensible.

Yeah in a legal case you couldn't do anything against that false advertisement, everything is W.I.P... But nonetheless that gameplay reveal video is really shady in comparison in what we've got, we got Cyberpunk 2007 basically. Never ever after the 3 Witcher games I would have expected such let down from this company.
God this video hurts, why did I watch it?

However, that mission is... LITERALLY... THE ONLY MISSION IN THE ENTIRE GAME with any degree of meaningful choice.
True. Developers have been promising a deep rpg with choices and consequences for years, and in the end we only have them in one mission.
Why didn't CD Projekt Red say anything about cutting player choices out of the game before release? Why didn't gaming press write about it in their reviews?

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2007

Kek. Maybe on consoles.

In fairness the game looks and plays fine, but it does feel like a mid-2010s ubisoft game that was lost in time and then was updated with some hd textures. It's not a bad thing necessarily but its a bit disappointing with how much hype was generated and promises of 'revolutionizing the RPG genre', and the game ends up just being a fairly average looter shooter with a cool backdrop and very high production value.

The bugs and optimization will be fixed in time, with new GPUs coming to market making older ones cheaper and cheaper + new consoles hitting the market soon (I'm a PC player so idk about consoles), the technical issues will fade into obscurity; But if they don't do anything about fundamentally flawed game design, no one will want to play the game when it's in a more technically playable state. That's what makes me truly sad.

But if they don't do anything about fundamentally flawed game design, no one will want to play the game when it's in a more technically playable state. That's what makes me truly sad.
This. Could not agree more.

Game looks and plays fine but it's just meh in everything else. Story (so far) is amazing, even without any meaningful dialogue options. Didn't see any comment about the sounddesign, it's amazing too, both soundtrack and game sounds.

They'll fix the bugs and performance, adding some QOL improvements and bring one or two story dlc's and that's it. Probably for the best to abandon this project as soon as possible after all the fixes and start fresh on a new & better product... without false advertisement hopefully.

Top Bottom