I think that the "remove card strength" should be removed, or removed that ability

+
I think that the "remove card strength" should be removed, or removed that ability

Because this ability makes the game more like the most common card games, as TES Legend or Hearthstone, and these are ugly games.

The Gwent card game into the witcher 3 game was beautifull because you won using a strategy without taking away "life \ strength" as the opponent to hit him like legend or hearthstone. Sure you can weaken the enemy with atmospheric cards or special ability, but without the "removecard strenght ability" present in this game. In my opinion is a big mistake to approach the playing style of the gwent to the above mentioned games.

the gwent was nice just because different. From northern kingdoms Deck in my games 80% of the cards have the ability "remove card strenght", in my modest opinion is a big, big mistake.

Just give us the gwent of The Witcher 3 with a storymode and we are happy xD or in the absence a gwent that it is no longer hearthstone that gwent. ^ ^

I think the point of the remove strength cards is to simply add some variety to the game, and it also works very well with some decks that honestly didn't have much going for them back in the Witcher 3's version of Gwent. I personally run decks that revolve around those cards and I find the gameplay to be very enjoyable. Without those cards it just becomes okay, how can I over power the cards they play? With it it's more okay, how can I counter their cards.

And than what; all games will be auto-buffing? That will just remove variety withing the game. Right now there are plenty strategies, some rely on buffing your own units, others in removing strength from opponent units or even your own units to control the board.

A few points to make.

1. This version of Gwent is a multiplayer game, so making it so that the two sides are interacting less is a bad thing. It's fine for an already single player game to have a mini-game like that, but we are no longer playing a single player game.

2. This adds in a lot more strategies than if it were to not be a thing since using weather cards is very limited and all direct removal is very situational.

3. Giving the ability to make cards weaker doesn't make it Hearthstone since it acts differently from doing damage in most card games.

In my opinion is a way to balance the match, it's like nuclearunicorn7 said, less interacting is not a good thing. Some cards have special effects, in this game you don't throw everything to the face like in hearthstone. Strategy is the way, to have some cards that deal some damage is not a big deal but it helps you to get out of a difficult moment.

The cow demands a sacrifice.. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom