I think the game might have a problem with dual monitors

+
I think the game might have a problem with dual monitors

Or at least, I have a problem. I have two monitors, one of them vertical. And the game (window mode) has a tendency for launching in the vertical monitor, adjusting its size to the vertical configuration.

Obviously, it is near unplayable like that. So I drag the game screen with my mouse (since it is in window mode) to the horizontal one, exit and relaunch. But the game stubbornly launches again in the vertical monitor.

After much pulling of hair, the only workaround I have found is changing the resolution, moving the game to the horizontal monitor, exit and relaunch. Sometimes this fixes the problem and the game stays in the horizontal monitor, adjusting itself to the horizontal screen configuration, other times I have to repeat multiple times until the game finally accepts it has to run on the horizontal monitor instead of the vertical one.

Is this a bug? No one else has this problem? Am I the only player with a vertical monitor here? Why does the game love my secondary monitor so much?!

I have noticed that if I change really fast the game window from vertical monitor to horizontal monitor, it wont adapty its size to vertical monitor and then I can play horizontally without problems. But dont you think I should not be playing this game of "drag fast before it is too late and adapts to vertical" in the first place? This cannot be normal.

I have a large external monitor attached to a small laptop, and the game ALWAYS launches on the laptop screen, despite my having set the external monitor as primary.

gabusan;n10633181 said:
Or at least, I have a problem. I have two monitors, one of them vertical. And the game (window mode) has a tendency for launching in the vertical monitor, adjusting its size to the vertical configuration.

Obviously, it is near unplayable like that. So I drag the game screen with my mouse (since it is in window mode) to the horizontal one, exit and relaunch. But the game stubbornly launches again in the vertical monitor.

After much pulling of hair, the only workaround I have found is changing the resolution, moving the game to the horizontal monitor, exit and relaunch. Sometimes this fixes the problem and the game stays in the horizontal monitor, adjusting itself to the horizontal screen configuration, other times I have to repeat multiple times until the game finally accepts it has to run on the horizontal monitor instead of the vertical one.

Is this a bug? No one else has this problem? Am I the only player with a vertical monitor here? Why does the game love my secondary monitor so much?!

halftrolll;n10644271 said:
I have a large external monitor attached to a small laptop, and the game ALWAYS launches on the laptop screen, despite my having set the external monitor as primary.

Hi guys,

I have a little tips for you that can help while waiting for a fix.

When your game is launching on the wrong screen, press Windows key + Shift and press left or right arrow key to instant move your game window ;)

Hope that can make it easier for you :)

Indeed, quickly changing the game to the right monitor before it adapts to the vertical monitor seems to work. But once it adapted to the vertical one, the only option is restart and try again.

The game keeps launching on my laptop screen even though I set the external monitor as primary...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two monitors, and Gwent has an interesting habit on always starting on the wrong one.

Hi guys,

I have a little tips for you that can help while waiting for a fix.

When your game is launching on the wrong screen, press Windows key + Shift and press left or right arrow key to instant move your game window ;)

Hope that can make it easier for you :)

How can I like you comment 10 times? You are a savior, works like a charm as temporarily solution.

Hm, no idea if it works for TW3, but other applications are struggling with Dual monitors too. I found one solution:
Open the shortcut properties that launches the game.
Append this string to the end of the target:
-game -WinX=0 -WinY=0 -FULLSCREEN

I found this approach here: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic...unching-in-wrong-screen-for-multiple-monitors
A similar solution was used here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SCUMgame/comments/9bmtez
But as mentioned before, no idea if it helps in this case!

If nothing else works, it's best to reach out to CDPR support:

Hello.
2 screens are connected to my computer. The main screen, the one I'm working on is the screen on the left. Gwen always starts on the second screen, the one on the right. I did not choose this option. How to select the left screen?

Thank you for your support

Regards

20200101_135133.jpg

Attachments

• 20200101_135133.jpg
    20200101_135133.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom