I would gladly pay $60 each for two DLCs that split the campaign into 3 actual life paths

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[...] Type anything including the words "cyberpunk" and "life path" into a search engine, and 99.9% of your results will be stuff written after the game's launch, bitching about what a disappointment the life paths are. CDPR's original marketing claims are now needles in a haystack.

With that out of the way, there are still some shadows and footprints of those claims. For example, a player paraphrasing CDPR in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbsrn5/_/ggozy17
"We're gonna have three entirely separate playthroughs in the game, choosing your life path will have big consequences."

Here's another player referring to a "40 x 3 hours" claim that CDPR allegedly made:

I also found an article (like an actual news article from an actual gaming news website) stating that both Jackie Welles and "The Heist" were planned to be Street Kid-exclusive, with the other life paths having V meet up with other characters in Jackie's place and featuring different ways of the chip ending up in V's head. However, I'm having difficulty re-finding that one at the moment.
I see, very official sources, indeed :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
[...] Type anything including the words "cyberpunk" and "life path" into a search engine, and 99.9% of your results will be stuff written after the game's launch, bitching about what a disappointment the life paths are. CDPR's original marketing claims are now needles in a haystack.

With that out of the way, there are still some shadows and footprints of those claims. For example, a player paraphrasing CDPR in this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbsrn5/_/ggozy17
"We're gonna have three entirely separate playthroughs in the game, choosing your life path will have big consequences."

Here's another player referring to a "40 x 3 hours" claim that CDPR allegedly made:

I also found an article (like an actual news article from an actual gaming news website) stating that both Jackie Welles and "The Heist" were planned to be Street Kid-exclusive, with the other life paths having V meet up with other characters in Jackie's place and featuring different ways of the chip ending up in V's head. However, I'm having difficulty re-finding that one at the moment.

Strange, Google works just fine for me when I'm looking for official quotes.

Which you still are unable to provide.

Admitting one is wrong when one is clearly wrong is an important skill to have in life. The best you'll ever find are players, like yourself, who interpreted things the way they wanted to.

Going down the personal attacks route only shows how weak your argument actually is. It's just poor debating and a huge hit to your credibility. I'm sure you don't care, and you really shouldn't, we're all strangers on the internet after all, but it's worth mentioning.

With that said, I don't know why I bother with this, I doubt the moderators are going to let your post stick around and all of our answers will be sent to the nether. Oh well. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79178161
You maybe noticed in the post you quoted, there is mention about "AI" (i.e NPCs). So... :D
  • Mistranslated/interpreted/hyped > Every AI is going to be "smart" they have a life, places to go and schedules to keep.
  • What CDPR originally said > Most NPCs have Automated Routines from a pool which can divert into branching options. Its mostly randomized but remains believable.

Found it!

"Part of this issue is that Lifepaths were supposed to have different partners. Jackie Welles was only supposed to be paired with the Street Kid option, while the other two were meant to have their own. It would have made for a smoother transition into the main storyline, as there would be three unique ways V encounters the Relic, rather than running a gig for all three"

This is an interesting topic. I would pay $60 if the additional content happened to include much of what all of us had wished for.

Found it!

"Part of this issue is that Lifepaths were supposed to have different partners. Jackie Welles was only supposed to be paired with the Street Kid option, while the other two were meant to have their own. It would have made for a smoother transition into the main storyline, as there would be three unique ways V encounters the Relic, rather than running a gig for all three"
Again, I could be wrong, but there is absolutely no official source* in the article... except what the writer say.
A writer who doesn't work for CDPR as far as I know :)

*by official source, I mean "something" which prove that someone working for CDPR said/wrote what the writer affirme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom