Icnic Characters

+
...since 50 years would in no way be enough time to rebuild night city...
...you don't think so? Hiroshima? Nagasaki?

Additionally, the tech available to rebuild from the nuke going off to 2077 would be better than the tech available between 1945 - 1995.

...you don't think so? Hiroshima? Nagasaki?

Additionally, the tech available to rebuild from the nuke going off to 2077 would be better than the tech available between 1945 - 1995.

I would think the radation from a full fledged nuke, even a low yield one, would leave the area pretty uninhabitable. I mean look at the area surrounding chernobyl... but then again, I am really not an expert on such things...

It's only been 27 years since Chernobyl, and I don't think Russia has actively done anything to try and "scrub" the area.

I mean, look at Three Mile Island. Granted, that wasn't NEARLY as catastrophic as Chernobyl, but Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, is habitable today, and has been for a bit.

Yeah, they could rebuild. Hiroshima and Nagasaki and that's with decades old tech. Modern scrubbing techniques, future-style waldos, Russian immigrant labour in 2040, etc.

I've maintained before they probably had it rebuilt within 10 years. Less. You should see how fast the Thais rebuilt after that horribly destructive typhoon smashed their coast. Corps had serious money, tech and the desire to prove something.

Also, Morgan isn't dead. Pfffle.

Adam is, though. Because Adam sucks.

If I remember what I read the nuke was underground, yes? That plus the fact that it was probably a micro-nuke meant that many of the deaths were probably not fro the bomb itself but from radiation and fallout (it being a ground detonation and not an airburst), as well as direct casualties from the Tower and it's collapse.

Allen

I'd be happy with Morgan Blackhand (ideally voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, aka Sarevok--personal preference) as a 'guide' to the Cyberpunk world--he's a renowned merc character, and has survived much of the CP2020 world. Odds are he'd have the know-how for a newbie to the world to listen to. Or they wouldn't, and become another number in the Body Lotto.

Top Bottom