Who would be the most dangerous character in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Well, after having played Cyberpunk 2077's Phantom Liberty expansion and accessing all available endings, the question remains: who is the worst villain in Cyberpunk 2077? In my opinion, it's Rosalind Myers. The assault organized by her at Orbital Air, with her troops shooting everyone, most of them civilians, to capture V and Songbird…, there is no excuse. She manages be worse than Hanako. Even if we stood by Reed and handed Songbird over to the FIA, this disgraced, psychopathic, ex-Militech scum would continue to make Songbird a mere instrument for maintaining her power. Yes, V would be free of Relic. However, completely miserable in every way in a city dominated by gangs and..., Militech (choosing the new ending we see very well how Night City becomes an even darker and more oppressive city with the absence of Arasaka). And Reed, even though he has his principles, is actually a trained dog, a useful idiot who professes a patriotism that only exists in his head.
Rosalind Myers is the archetype (in a negative sense) of all politicians of our time.

The most dangerous character -- V.
The most dangerous non-character -- that Cerberus maintenance unit (cause the game made it so).

The most despicable -- Myers.
Maybe I have used the wrong expression. The most correct one is the one you used. Myers is despicable. A much worse manipulator than Hanako. Hanako at least values some family values and Arasaka's method of solving "problems" is more selective and discreet.
The truth is that although corporations are evil, for a reasonable balance in Night City it is necessary to maintain a kind of "competition" between them. Hegemony is never good. The tension between Arasaka and Militech is necessary, that is, it is a "lesser evil" than the total supremacy of one or the other over the city. With the new ending, Militech now exercises total supremacy.
I'm sorry Reed and Alex, but Songbird was always right.
The images of Night City in the new ending denote that a dictatorship has in fact been installed in the city.
Post automatically merged:

you nailed it. its so hypcritical how she BEGS for help in the beginnig with V & Reed and than watching her behaviour in the Killing Moon ending how she treats Reed there... she's just a b*tch. Compared to her Hanako seems like a Tele-Tubbie on a rainbow. Hate her so much.
Merits for CDPR. They managed to create an almost perfect archetype of the political class.
I hated that disguised figure from the beginning. It's a shame that CDPR didn't give V the chance to kill that liar and hypocrite at the end of Killing Moon, making, who knows, Reed and Alex finally see the truth and also saving Songbird from the FIA, thus adding, perhaps, another ending. But it's like I wrote: Reed and Alex profess a patriotism that only exists in their heads. The result could not be different. My V killed Reed. A feather.

Last edited:
Saburo Arasaka pretty much.

Had Hanako not come with him to Night City he would have outright flattened it with a nuke the moment he came close to it. Not to mention the horribly immoral and outright evil stuff he and his company does, everything wrong with the world is his fault ^^
Yes, no matter how "bad" Myers is, she can't stand the "god-like emperor", Saburo :)

The key difference is Saburo never denied hes a motherf*cker while Myers "plays" the good cop just for her personal goals. ^^

The key difference is Saburo never denied hes a motherf*cker while Myers "plays" the good cop just for her personal goals. ^^
Yes because Myers can't lose her power (that's why she want Songbird at all cost) and have to be manipulative and "play political" games. Saburo don't need to, he's just on the top of the world, he's accountable to no one. He don't care, he can do whatever he want, like nuking Night City to prevent the Relic to fall in westerner and barbarian hands :)

And I take that into consideration a lot: authenticity. Saburo assumes he is an "emperor". Myers is a scoundrel, manipulative, with desires equal to and even worse than the Arasakas. It uses "democracy" as a ladder to gradually install a corporate dictatorship: a Militech dictatorship. I repeat: in the new ending (if you choose to betray Songbird), don't just focus on the fate of V who finds himself free from the Relic. Take a good look at the city as it has become even darker and listen to what is said on the radio. Without Arasaka, Night City truly becomes a brutal dictatorship, a total dystopia.

Saburo Arasaka pretty much.

Had Hanako not come with him to Night City he would have outright flattened it with a nuke the moment he came close to it. Not to mention the horribly immoral and outright evil stuff he and his company does, everything wrong with the world is his fault ^^
This. Saburo Arasaka is the devil. He'll rip out your soul and store it in his own personally constructed version of hell.

Take a good look at the city as it has become even darker and listen to what is said on the radio. Without Arasaka, Night City truly becomes a brutal dictatorship, a total dystopia.
To be honest, it doesn't matter how "bad/dark" Night City could become if Myers "rules" the city... Knowing that without Hanako's intervention, Saburo would have turned Night City into a nuclear wasteland (to quote Jackie). So Night City would no longer exist at all, and indeed, everyone living in and around would be dead :giggle:
As "dangerous" or "bad" Myers could be, she's far from the absolute god-like devil who is Saburo.

The blackwall AIs are likely the true armageddon of this world, that makes anyone who toys with or bargains with them the most dangerous individuals in the setting. The level of world ending that almost takes place with Songbird is very understated. V cuttin deals with Alt is almost as bad, that is not Johnny's old fling anymore.

The AI arms race is likely the worst thing the corps have ever done as far as moving the doomsday clock. You're basically praying a benevolent AI will gain enough power to snuff out or control the malevolent ones before it's too late. Humanity won't have much say in the matter.

Hmm. There's a way to get rid both of Myers and Reed early in the game. Strangely, Songbird is ... Fine? There goes your best ending folks. You know who you are.

Yes, no matter how "bad" Myers is, she can't stand the "god-like emperor", Saburo :)

The only difference between Saburo and Myers is the limits on their power. Saburo doesn't really have any limits so his evil is all out in the open, Myers is still working on consolidating her power and thus is more limited in what she can do....but the evil is still there, and it really is no different than Saburo's.

The only difference between Saburo and Myers is the limits on their power. Saburo doesn't really have any limits so his evil is all out in the open, Myers is still working on consolidating her power and thus is more limited in what she can do....but the evil is still there, and it really is no different than Saburo's.
Yep, but at the end, Myers is less "dangerous" than Saburo (for now), maybe not by choice, but still... Beside, would Myers blew up all Night City just to get her hands on Songbird? Probably not :)
There is one quote I love, which illustrate what kind of character is Saburo, it's from Yorinobu about Saburo during the Devil ending.
"Fear, ever since I can remember."
"The one thing I cannot deny him, he knew how to cause fear in people."
"He once told me anything of value is only a flag blowing in wind. And wind is fear. And then... you know what he did? Blew in my face."

"The one thing I cannot deny him, he knew how to cause fear in people."
"He once told me anything of value is only a flag blowing in wind. And wind is fear. And then... you know what he did? Blew in my face."
Insta-punch in da fayce, hell f*** yeaaaaaahhh!

Guess Yori was a lost cause, which is why V took over the job to run Sakas into the ground and under.

Guess Yori was a lost cause, which is why V took over the job to run Sakas into the ground and under.
I guess you overestimate a bit the importances of V's actions, about Arasaka at least :)
I guess you talk about Sun ending (or Don't Fear The Reaper), so yes V assaulted Arasaka tower, but if Arasakla take a serious hit, i.e Mikoshi is destroyed and so the Soulkiller, it's thanks to Alt. Then Yorinobu still rules Arasaka and will still wontinue sabotaging the corporation from the inside as he had always planned.
So at the end, those who "hitted" (or will hit) Arasaka the most are Alt and Yorinobu, not V.

Top Bottom