If there is ever going to be another Cyberpunk game....

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberpunk 2020. Cyberpunk in general has so much amazing lore. The game we got touches a lot of cool lore, but theres still more things I wanna see. More places, and stuff. I love dressing up V in the clothes of cyberpunk. Not a lot of games have layered clothing customization like cyberpunk. I've had too much fun trying different clothes. Quickhacks and hacking in general is really cool. Cyberpunk brings a lot of unique things to the gaming table.

I'm sure plenty people will say no, but I really hope there is. I wanna be optimistic and say if they ever make another game, it'll be good. Though for now, us optimistic folk can hope and pray.

I think there will be a sequel to Cyberpunk. Maybe even a prequel. I don't remember CDPR ever saying what the scope of their license is, but I'd imagine it's at least two games?
When it comes to other companies making GTA-like open city games set in the future, nobody has done anything in this matter so who knows. Although I think it's because everybody was waiting for what Cyberpunk will show us. Now that the milk is spilled, more companies might think about making games in similar settings as 12M preorders showed that people are interested in playing those types of games.

They should implement "wire dependent" hacking & net running especially for potent hacks. Wireless magic-like quick-hacks reserved only for some minor quick-hacks.

If they have stealth and action, then they may explore Hitman and Ghost Recon Wildlands & Breakpoint as a starter.
Maybe also implement a party mode where you can have AI-characters or multi player coop in some areas or parts of the story.

And to make their world believeable and lively - instead of just building nice looking bulidings - they could get some inspiration from the Yakuza- & Red Dead Redemption-series.

(Additional) Third person view, the possibility to fly, (sky)dive and travel on the water with vehicles, and a massive improvement of AI should also be on their task list.

Also lose the classic RPG-like looting and the "sword +n or DPS n" variation of weapons. Weapons and their upgrades/attachments should be handled like in Ghost Recon, e.g.

Keep and expand on consequences of your actions and answers in dialogues.

Last edited:
If wire hacking becomes a thing then characters with higher intelligence should be allowed an exception.

You used to have to hack in to the subnet before you could hack enemies, it was in one of the trailers, but then they removed it for some reason.

Like, you could still hack the way you can now, but you first had to hack a device in the area manually. That makes way more sense than the system we currently have, ESPECIALLY when you take the lore of the universe into consideration. There is no internet, only firewalled subnets and LANs.

Blade Runner was not an action movie.

That is all.
It wasn't..? Pretty sure I've seen A LOT of shooting and fighting scenes and I've watched that movie quite a few times. I mean Decard was a Blade runner tasked with hunting down and killing replicants. The movie is labeled Action/Sci-Fi/Thriller. So.. come again?

Look I get it OP. You are disappointed by the game, but you are grasping at straws here to try and find more and more reason to stay disappointed. That's seriously not healthy. Might be a good idea to simply move on to something that makes you happier. You made a bad purchase - it happens to everyone. You live up to it and move on. Constant complaining, about the game without offering anything remotely constructive isn't doing anyone any good. I am not saying any of that with any ill intend too. It's not a personal attack on my part towards you, just being reasonable here.

It wasn't..? Pretty sure I've seen A LOT of shooting and fighting scenes and I've watched that movie quite a few times. I mean Decard was a Blade runner tasked with hunting down and killing replicants. The movie is labeled Action/Sci-Fi/Thriller. So.. come again?

Look I get it OP. You are disappointed by the game, but you are grasping at straws here to try and find more and more reason to stay disappointed. That's seriously not healthy. Might be a good idea to simply move on to something that makes you happier. You made a bad purchase - it happens to everyone. You live up to it and move on. Constant complaining, about the game without offering anything remotely constructive isn't doing anyone any good. I am not saying any of that with any ill intend too. It's not a personal attack on my part towards you, just being reasonable here.
The Final Cut version is 2h long and it has like 15 minutes of action in it. The Neuromancer books aren't exactly action-packed either.

12M preorders showed that people are interested in playing those types of games.
hmm yeah but i think its not the setting alone these 12m preorders believed in but more the "endless possibilities" which were advertised - it really looked like the next big thing after their advertising and hands down no matter the current game status looks like - the PR was indeed next level and totally outstanding to everything i saw before. sadly the game isnt. : /

The Final Cut version is 2h long and it has like 15 minutes of action in it. The Neuromancer books aren't exactly action-packed either.

The polemical take here is whether Blade Runner is a Cyberpunk film or not (tech-noir?), for sure it influenced Cyberpunk urban landscapes and the "biopunk" subgenre.Personally,i don't think it touched cyberpunk themes (and "do androids" is even more philosophical than the movie) i mean UN banned replicants on Earth so no socio-economic impact from that technology and Tyrell has to answer to a request by the police(compare with the freedom Corps have in general cyberpunk),no cyberspace...

The polemical take here is whether Blade Runner is a Cyberpunk film or not (tech-noir?), for sure it influenced Cyberpunk urban landscapes and the "biopunk" subgenre.Personally,i don't think it touched cyberpunk themes (and "do androids" is even more philosophical than the movie) i mean UN banned replicants on Earth so no socio-economic impact from that technology and Tyrell has to answer to a request by the police(compare with the freedom Corps have in general cyberpunk),no cyberspace...
Not the story or other.
But if you play corpo and that you saw Blade runner (original), when you go to Lizzie's Bar, you know it's that (missing only Vangelis) :D

Not the story or other.
But if you play corpo and that you saw Blade runner (original), when you go to Lizzie's Bar, you know it's that (missing only Vangelis) :D
Ah yes,it influenced a lot-also a easter egg with Roy- including that ride but most of game story influence are from sprawl trilogy and hardwired(there were parts where i was expecting to see Gibson and Walter Jon Williams as NPCs)

That's because the story didn't follow criminals or street kids. Are the River quests in this game not "cyberpunk"? The key word there is philosophical. The action in the movie wasn't heroic or tense, it was just violence. Perpetrated not by the "villains", but by the protagonist apart from one instance. The "villain" even saves the protagonists life at the end, the person sent to end his.

Yeaaaaah, not really, no.. the ending alone have more than 15 minutes action packed into it..

Anywayyy.. I am seriously confused, as to what you are trying to say with your topic? That there was too much action in the game? If that's the case I disagree completely. Plus it's kinda natural from a game where you play a mercenary in dystopian city to expect quite a bit of action, but I think the game done very well in balancing it out across the board. I am strictly speaking, about Main story and Side quest stories. Gigs and Assault in progress are fillers and those are logical to be exclussively action orientated.

Yeaaaaah, not really, no.. the ending alone have more than 15 minutes action packed into it..

Anywayyy.. I am seriously confused, as to what you are trying to say with your topic? That there was too much action in the game? If that's the case I disagree completely. Plus it's kinda natural from a game where you play a mercenary in dystopian city to expect quite a bit of action, but I think the game done very well in balancing it out across the board. I am strictly speaking, about Main story and Side quest stories. Gigs and Assault in progress are fillers and those are logical to be exclussively action orientated.

That's just not true.

The point was, that Cyberpunk isn't about high-tech guns and flying cars.

That's just not true.

it depends what part of the story you are telling.

Also this game isn't based on blade runner, its based on cyberpunk table top roleplaying game. Its not supposed to represent every iteration of the cyberpunk genre any more than final fantasy or dungeons and dragons represent every fantasy story ever told.

the game focuses on the edgerunner/solo concept.

That's just not true.

Cyberpunk builds upon the foundation of High tech/Low life. So, yes there is high tech in Cyberpunk. There is also literally every single theme you can think of touched upon and explored in this game that have defined the genre since.. forever - Hacking and cyberspace, Rogue AI's, Social collapse, neoliberal corpocracy, transhumanism

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom