Immortal Enemies

+
Hi there. I couldn’t play for 2 days because of immortal enemies. First round on the street a group, it was no problem .. I continued walking. However, when "Sandayu OdaView attachment 11131310" had to fight there I got stuck. I tried everything and then all I did today was unload all the quick hacks from the deck. I dismantled Pax everywhere. That's how I could beat him. I don't know if it was a mistake or something stuck here. Maybe he'll help someone. :giggle:
This does actually work!
Had not experienced any game-breaking bugs playing on PC up until 1.1 patch, but today when doing final mission Adam Smasher him self became immortal it got very annoying as even reloads did not help. After reloading the last AutoSave and removing all quick hacks he finally died! Thanks mate

Randomly, enemies may spawn immortal, its quite random and it looks like it is not bound to a player action. If you save/load the game, the enmies are mortal again, so i think it is very hard to address this issue.
and what if you've become immortal with the enemies?
As in no one takes damage at all even when you reload early saves they're immortal

Found it happens occasionally on my hacker character. Usually it's a bunch of enemies who'll not register damage from my quickhacks. Feels like it's started happening after getting the Resistances perk, but could just be coincidence.
Guns still work on them, and the instant-kill quickhacks (usually, sometimes it takes a couple of 'suicides' for it to stick).

Strange...
I have only experienced something similiar with bosses, but never with normal thugs.
(My shots makes them no damage when I'm trigger happy. I have to make a pause, move, cover, shot...)
Specific, Oda and some cyberpsychopaths. The first was a pain in the ass and the only time I got frustated. The second was solved with reset hack, or moving away from this missions to come back later with better wepaons and character.

With those inmortal thugs maybe sneak and make a stealth-kill/KO could be useful.

Something similar: after first mission and early in the game, when you can go to other zones of the city, I went to Muamar Reyes missions. All the thugs were impossible to grab. I came back later in the story and this didn't happen again.

This does actually work!
Had not experienced any game-breaking bugs playing on PC up until 1.1 patch, but today when doing final mission Adam Smasher him self became immortal it got very annoying as even reloads did not help. After reloading the last AutoSave and removing all quick hacks he finally died! Thanks mate

Here to add a +1 that this fixed the same issue for me, just removed everything on my cyberdeck, didn't have to change the cyberdeck itself and problem solved

EDIT: Oh, and just to mention, I had the non-lethal optics installed and didn't remove it while fixing this, so it seems to just be the loaded quickhacks

Hi, I encountered Immortal enemies and dramatic FPS drops which (with help from these forums) I narrowed down to 2 Hacks, if I install these on my Cyberdeck everything slows down, hits register but don't do damage and this remains after reloading or leaving the area and returning.
Cripple Movement and Sonic Shock Hacks are the culprits, in my case
I am currently using the following, without issue.
Netwatch Netdriver Mk5 Cyberdeck, I also tested with a Tetratronic Rippler Mk4.
Legendary:
Ping
Detonate Grenade
Suicide
Short Circuit

Epic:
Reboot Optics

Rare:
Memory Wipe
I have encountered the other issues mentioned here as well. As has been mentioned earlier in this thread @Kyron_Lee , if the area has not had time to load in properly scripts seem to "give up". This seems to then be included on your save file. Cache clearing regularly and giving a little time after driving/fast traveling into an area before releasing hell seems to help.

Last edited:
As it's not an issue that always exists, it's best to send a ticket to CDPR support:
Hum, as far as I remember, it's present since 1.3+ (maybe even 1.2). In particular, enemies near MegaBuilding H6 and under the highway bridge under construction (6th vs Scavs and formely "blue star NCPD events" for both).
But it's worth it to report it anyway :)

I too have had this happen. Twice in the same spot on different playthroughs. I can't identify the exact place but it was under a highway with some Tyger Claws fighting Scavs. I bailed out of the fight and came back much later and they all tasted my Dying NIght like they should have before so I sorta just moved on. Would really suck if that was more regular.

This was funny on PC.

Throughout versions, various gangs had become invulnerable, but that would always go away with the next update. At 1.52, all of the gangs who exercised this had become vulnerable again.

Randomly, enemies may spawn immortal, its quite random and it looks like it is not bound to a player action. If you save/load the game, the enmies are mortal again, so i think it is very hard to address this issue.
I hope I never run into that problem. What I've ran into is enemies not seeing me no matter what. And for that I had to start a whole new playthrough because I didn't notice for so long as I was playing a stealth build. For a while I thought I was just that good at sneaking lol.

Top Bottom