IMPORTANT: Posting materials from Kill the Servers! GWENT stress test

+
IMPORTANT: Posting materials from Kill the Servers! GWENT stress test

Dear GWENT fans,

Our technical stress test, Kill the Servers!, is live and it seems it got you quite excited! Some of you missed the disclaimer we’ve placed in the game -- you know, the one about not posting materials from the game online.

Well, since there’s no better proof that you really want to experience GWENT with friends, from now on, please ignore that disclaimer. Share your experience if you wish, and do tell us what you think about the game on the forums and social media.

Thanks for helping us with the test and we hope you enjoy this brief pre-Closed Beta hands-on with GWENT.

Love,
Team GWENT

One more important thing. We're really happy to see you're so eagerly discussing game details, but please refrain from discussing datamined stuff. First off, a lot may still change as a it's work in progress build. Secondly, we do not wish to reveal stuff that's not meant to be revealed at this moment. Please keep in mind that a lot of folks still like to be surprised with official announcements, so let's not ruin the fun for them, ok? Otherwise, feel free to share you screenshots and videos and discuss them freely. :)

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

One more important thing. We're really happy to see you're so eagerly discussing game details, but please refrain from discussing datamined stuff. First off, a lot may still change as a it's work in progress build. Secondly, we do not wish to reveal stuff that's not meant to be revealed at this moment. Please keep in mind that a lot of folks still like to be surprised with official announcements, so let's not ruin the fun for them, ok? Otherwise, feel free to share you screenshots and videos and discuss them freely. :)

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

If you mean for example something like my theories in the "hottest" threads here, then I'm sorry :sad2: and I will stop, but please answer me on one question (maybe even on PM, I will be silent like rock !), have You guys used some older game build for these tests ?

If you mean for example something like my theories in the "hottest" threads here, then I'm sorry :sad2: and I will stop, but please answer me on one question (maybe even on PM, I will be silent like rock !), have You guys used some older game build for these tests ?

The purpose of the test is to check out the server infrastructure. Please pay no mind to the way the game is running - it was not our focus here.

The purpose of the test is to check out the server infrastructure. Please pay no mind to the way the game is running - it was not our focus here.

It is so nice to hear that. So many changes comparing to original Gwent or Gamescom version are not in the spirit of Gwent.

Forgive my asking but we need clear confirmation on this .. What changes will carry over and what changes won't

Faction abilities,card draw after rounds and of course new card text and values

Forgive my asking but we need clear confirmation on this .. What changes will carry over and what changes won't Faction abilities,card draw after rounds and of course new card text and values

Exactly!!!

I am very concerned about many mechanics visible in Kill the servers version. Many of them are so much "notGWENTable" (sorry for the word).

Please CDP RED, make if clear.

I really really hope it was only to test the servers (drawing cards after each turn) and hiding new cards (simple decks with many already known cards) and be more accessible for completelly new players (again drawing cards after each turn, lack of mark on cards whose tell about special ability, change from troops, characters and heros to bronze, silver, gold <- but this change is the least which hurts me, finally, I would be able to agree on that)

i can deal with the gold sliver bronze, all that changes is a hero to gold no big deal in the long run, the new icons are fine you have to read the cards anyway so I can deal with this no big deal, But drawing cards after each round changes how gwent is played.

But drawing cards after each round changes how gwent is played.

Totally agree. It feels like it's removing a lot of the strategy and therefore the skill involved. You have a better deck/luckier draw, then you win, with much less opportunity for skillful play.

Marcin_Momot;n131132 said:
Well, since there’s no better proof that you really want to experience GWENT with friends, from now on, please ignore that disclaimer. Share your experience if you wish, and do tell us what you think about the game on the forums and social media.

I like this attitude :)
(sorry about the necro)

Last edited:
Top Bottom