Important Update

+

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
[/QUOT
Post automatically merged:

Dear gamers,

First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Second, we will fix bugs and crashes, and improve the overall experience. The first round of updates has just been released and the next one is coming within the next 7 days. Expect more, as we will update frequently whenever new improvements are ready. After the holidays, we’ll continue working — we’ll release two large patches starting with Patch #1 in January. This will be followed by Patch #2 in February. Together these should fix the most prominent problems gamers are facing on last-gen consoles. We will be informing you about the contents of each patch ahead of their release. They won't make the game on last-gen look like it’s running on a high-spec PC or next-gen console, but it will be closer to that experience than it is now.

Finally, we would always like everyone who buys our games to be satisfied with their purchase. We would appreciate it if you would give us a chance, but if you are not pleased with the game on your console and don’t want to wait for updates, you can opt to refund your copy. For copies purchased digitally, please use the refund system of PSN or Xbox respectively. For boxed versions, please first try to get a refund at the store where you bought the game. Should this not be possible, please contact us at helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com and we will do our best to help you. Starting from today, you can contact us for a week up until December 21st, 2020.

Humbly

Marcin Iwiński, Adam Kiciński, Adam Badowski, Michał Nowakowski, Piotr Nielubowicz, Piotr Karwowski

P.S. PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes improving the game.
Fix the trophies not popping on PlayStation

I guess Elon didn't become rich by buying everything corporations tell us to buy, eh.
Dude. PS4 is 7 years old. You know.. processing power ram and vram? The stuff to make your beatiful 2020 game run?
You dont play witcher 3 on Sega do you? Wtf you even talking about.

P.S. he became rich selling paypal which he created. which is a money milking system, exactly the corporate stuff you're talking about.

Dude. PS4 is 7 years old. You know.. processing power ram and vram? The stuff to make your beatiful 2020 game run?
Do you also buy only the best car there is on the market? Only the best house there is in the country? Only the best clothes there are in the shops?

just play the game... when the game crash the system offer you to create a bug report to be sent to CDPR and CDPR will get them report and add them to workpile while reading through it and ironing the bugs. complaining isn't helping here.

When it comes up, submit a ticket with the subject Broken, and then in the body of the message type. Everything. Everything is broken and the game runs like shite.

P.S. he became rich selling paypal which he created. which is a money milking system, exactly the corporate stuff you're talking about.

So you're saying they should have advertised their game by saying, "You'll need to buy the latest hardware to play our game properly" ?

Can you also explain then why the game is for sale on those older platforms?

When it comes up, submit a ticket with the subject Broken, and then in the body of the message type. Everything. Everything is broken and the game runs like shite.

So you're saying they should have advertised their game by saying, "You'll need to buy the latest hardware to play our game properly" ?
What im saying? I'm saying they should not even have bothered with that generation of consoles. But who cares what im saying, it's not for us to decide.

Do you also buy only the best car there is on the market? Only the best house there is in the country? Only the best clothes there are in the shops?
Its not about best, its about "powerful enough to run" Do you understand anything about technology? [...]

I consider myself fortunate, loaded my Steam client and got a response from their support and they offered to credit the purchase price to my Steam Wallet, better than nothing! While I hope CDPR can get their crap together, after everything with CP2077 I'll be giving Witcher 4 a hard pass. You've gone down the path of nearly all the other big players, shame.

I consider myself fortunate, loaded my Steam client and got a response from their support and they offered to credit the purchase price to my Steam Wallet, better than nothing! While I hope CDPR can get their crap together, after everything with CP2077 I'll be giving Witcher 4 a hard pass. You've gone down the path of nearly all the other big players, shame.

Me, too. Steam refunded with no issue, luckily.

well, looking at your bug fix history in W and the latest "hotfix" (which i would say is nearly a full patch) i think the game goes into the right direction.

it still is missing a lot of promised features though...
can you share the link to full image of your profile picture I like this image

Dude...WTF are YOU talking about.

The title's first teaser trailer appeared almost a YEAR BEFORE PS4 and Xbox One were even available for purchase. This means a version of the engine should have been optimized for those platforms. IF the Developer had decided that scope changes during the almost 8 years of development resulted in unsatisfactory performance in those "old platforms", then it was their responsibility to drop the title for those platforms and give up the over 40% of sales that were attributed to those consoles. They could have released on PC and PS5/System X only and hoped to recapture some of those sales numbers on next gen consoles when they released for those systems.

You don't get to spend the ENTIRE life cycle of PS4/Xbox ONE making your game and then tell your customers the problem is due to their old systems.

This is NOT about Technology. This is about a management team that knew FULL WELL that core PS4 and Xbox One performance was not up to par, and instead of doing the right thing, they took the easy way out, took the money and then offered a half-apology while implicating to PS4 and Xbox One users that they shouldn't "expect too much" because of the age of their systems.

As someone who owns BOTH PC and Xbox One versions, I can equally be impressed as heck with this game and immersion (especially on my PC), but also understand the devastating disappointment console owners feel. It's obvious the code was not optimized for the consoles, and the developer had the entire life cycle of these consoles to make sure that happened, and they failed. And worse than that, they cashed console customers checks, knowing they had failed.

Last edited:
Dude...WTF are YOU talking about.

The title's first teaser trailer appeared almost a YEAR before PS4 and Xbox One were even available for purchase. This means a version of the engine should have been optimized for those platforms. IF the Developer had decided that scope changes during the almost 8 years of development resulted in unsatisfactory performance in those "old platforms", then it was their responsibility to drop the title for those platforms and give up the over 40% of sales that were attributed to those consoles. They could have released on PC and PS5/System X only and hoped to recapture some of those sales numbers on next gen consoles when they released for those systems.

You don't get to spend the ENTIRE life cycle of PS4/Xbox ONE making your game and then tell your customers the problem is due to their old systems.
It was the announce trailer saying "coming when it's ready" There was nothing developed. Nothing.
But yes i completely agree instead of this complete fiasco they should've never released it on previous gen consoles. It wont run. Never. With lowest possible seetings locked at 30fps MAYBE. But you dont want that, do you.

It was the announce trailer saying "coming when it's ready" There was nothing developed. Nothing.
But yes i completely agree instead of this complete fiasco they should've never released it on previous gen consoles. It wont run. Never. With lowest possible seetings locked at 30fps MAYBE. But you dont want that, do you.

You mean THIS trailer?

So tell me what part of that trailer remotely resembles what's currently in the game. Even the PC version? But that's another topic all together.

So Xbox One and PS4 were basically available to the developer for the entire development cycle of the game. So what's their excuse?

Compare this title with other console titles, Far Cry 5. Red Dead Redemption 2, Witcher 3, heck, even GTAV. They all look better than CB2077 at this point, so despite the age of system, it is capable of providing sufficiently engaging graphics. It's a matter of optimization.

I never compare a title with the PC, it's useless. But I do compare with similar titles released on the same platform, and the above titles look and perform better on the consoles than CB2077. And for what? I'm still trying to identify what in this title is causing the console versions to run so poorly. The AI doesn't appear to be any better than other games. You can't walk around and "follow" a character and see him acting in the world as if he has own life, so the CPU crunching isn't being wasted on NPC's. The NPC interactions are no more complex than Witcher 3. So it's not going there. The amount of traffic both on the streets and sidewalks are not any more dense than we see in GTAV, so it's not being spent there? So exactly where are all these resources being spent that causes several second pauses when bringing up text messages, or waiting several seconds for textures to resolve.

I don't expect the title to look like the PC game. But I do expect it to look and perform like it was developed on the platform they are selling it on, not some cheap hacked together "port" of another version.

Last edited:
Compare this title with other console titles, Far Cry 5. Red Dead Redemption 2, Witcher 3, heck, even GTAV. They all look better than CB2077 at this point, so despite the age of system, it is capable of providing sufficiently engaging graphics. It's a matter of optimization.

I never compare a title with the PC, it's useless. But I do compare with similar titles, and the above titles look and perform better on the consoles than CB2077. And for what? I'm still trying to identify what in this title is causing the console versions to run so poorly. The AI doesn't appear to be any better than other games. You can't walk around and "follow" a character and see him acting in the world as if he has own life, so the CPU crunching isn't being wasted on NPC's. The NPC interactions are no more complex than Witcher 3. So it's not going there. The amount of traffic both on the streets and sidewalks are not any more dense than we see in GTAV, so it's not being spent there? So exactly where are all these resources being spent that causes several second pauses when bringing up text messages, or waiting several seconds for textures to resolve.

I don't expect the title to look like the PC game. But I do expect it to look and perform like it was developed on the platform they are selling it on, not some cheap hacked together "port" of another version.
They dont port games anymore, just tweak settings to achieve playable framerates. Since last gen of consoles the architecture is x86, the same as on PC on which they develop games. I dare you to launch witcher 3 right now, take a screenshot of a characters face on max graphics, and then compare it to say Judy on max graphics. Its not even the same ballpark of fidelity. Witched 3 was RELEASED in 2015, not developed, get it? It was developed BEFORE. So its like a 8 year game now. Cyberpunk looks a LOT better and was developed BEFORE 2020 but AFTER ps4 to bring graphics we can enjoy now. Just think about it a little. It's not as simple as just saying "it must run good on 10 year old hardware" It just wont. But yeah i agree they should've never released it for ps4

If a company sells a game for PS4, PS4 should be able to run it well enough by definition, unless it's a scam. [...]:coolstory:

Make a separated build with worse graphics if you must, but it should actually work.
People will complain it doesnt look as advertised then. Which is valid. No idea why they bothered with super old systems.

You mean THIS trailer?

So tell me what part of that trailer remotely resembles what's currently in the game. Even the PC version? But that's another topic all together.

So Xbox One and PS4 were basically available to the developer for the entire development cycle of the game. So what's their excuse?

I never compare a title with the PC, it's useless. But I do compare with similar titles released on the same platform, and the above titles look and perform better on the consoles than CB2077. And for what? I'm still trying to identify what in this title is causing the console versions to run so poorly. The AI doesn't appear to be any better than other games. You can't walk around and "follow" a character and see him acting in the world as if he has own life, so the CPU crunching isn't being wasted on NPC's. The NPC interactions are no more complex than Witcher 3. So it's not going there. The amount of traffic both on the streets and sidewalks are not any more dense than we see in GTAV, so it's not being spent there? So exactly where are all these resources being spent that causes several second pauses when bringing up text messages, or waiting several seconds for textures to resolve.

Its a cinematic. Not a gameplay trailer. Are you high? World of warcraft doesnt look like it's cinematics doesnt it. A teaser is just what it is. A TEASER. For appetite.

Last edited:
and how much do your promises saying many things like complex AI that is not in the game currently going to be added in the future?

Plenty of people swallowing the cool aid with that statement.

What a crock of shit. They knew what they were doing. They knew what they had to release. Still released it and now say oh sorry please forgive us in 2 months we may have a playable version on console. All the talk about crunch in my opinion they didn't crunch enough. Or are just incompetent at their job. Management is another matter.

I have thrown A$90 away I will put up with that. But I won't forget and won't swallow this shallow attempt at a apology.

Maybe cause i'm older I can see bullshit from a mile away, and this is bullshit.
SplendidFrailCormorant-mobile.jpg

Completely misrepresenting the fact of the matter that the game was created and advertised for years as being exclusively on PS4/XbOne and variants as well as PC, with next gen releases happening after, but focus on current gen being priority.

This is blatant disregard for commitments made and expectations laid out by CDPR throughout their marketing campaign.

To add, the next generation of consoles JUST came out, you represent it like it’s been years since they’ve been released, even suggesting playing Witcher 3 on Sega, which is heavily disingenuous. The games were created FOR current gen, and that’s not even touching the issues of availability of next gen consoles, and that your argument amounts to essentially the meme of “Why don’t homeless people just—ugh—buy a house?!”

This further devalues any kind of actual criticism that is rightly owed due to the poor delivery of a game in development for nine years for the console generation that, might I add, most gamers not buying on PC actually purchased the game for?

This is textbook gatekeeping, a disingenuous argument and outright inflammatory towards those who were given an outright promise that the game would work “surprisingly well” on current gen. And if this is “surprisingly well” in their eyes, I wonder what the expectation actually was, and if they see games like Ghost of Tsushima as being an absolute god-like game, which, might I remind you, also released recently and is arguably can compete with Cyberpunk in terms of AI, graphics compatibility, random encounters, and a ton of other things that everyone seems to find an issue with with 2077.

But yes, please go on about how we’re all plebes for not being able to shell out thousands on scalped PS5s and XBSXs during a pandemic where most of us have basically no money at this point.

> Oh, but if you have no money, why did you buy the game in the first place?

I paid off the preorder when I had a job, and had the expectations the game would be running really well on PS4 Pro and have everything they promised in it aside from what they had already come out saying they couldn’t fit in (like the trams, which I gave them a pass on because they were honest).

Not to mean this whole thing as attacking you directly, but I have seen so many making this farcical argument trying to paint 2077 as a next-gen game. It’s not. It’s clearly not. And the fact that people are willing to die on the hill that is a poorly delivered game with good looks and nothing outside of the main content is appalling.

I'm loving the game (XboX Series X), yes there are bugs, what game these days doesn't have them?

I think the XBox One and PS4 versions of the game should have been canned when the SeriesX and PS5 were on the horizon, it sucks but I'd much rather play a more complete and better performing game than suffer a shell of one on hardware than can hardly cope.

Tip for next time... Release your game when you're satisfied. It's your game, your vision, your hard work so don't let morons crying on cancer ridden social media platforms sway you from your plan. If you have to delay to get it right then delay.

You are one of the most well respected developers for a reason, stick to that path and you really cant go too wrong.

Keep up that fantastic and appreciated work.

Top Bottom