Important update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I just wanted to write a small letter to CDPR.

I feel like that decision to ban sales due to war in Ukraine is just not the right way to go. I'm scared that we are repeating history. Hitler came to power because of extreme nationalism and antisemitism. But that's exactly what blanket sanctions without second thought are doing! Blanket sanctioning of russian people will only bolster support Putin has. Those who supported him now have the evidence of how whole world is against them. How everything that state media was telling them all these years is true. How only Putin can protect them.

I feel like CDPR is just adding oil into the fire. It can only make things worse.

I hope I'm wrong.
Putin is already in power and rules with impunity. He just invaded another country and they leaked plans to also invade Moldavia. He also threatened to "de-nazify" the Ukraine and together with lists of people that have to be murdered this can only mean a proposed mass murdering of political opponents or maybe even genocide.

People who openly protest against him are put into jail, including kids. Political opposition is being murdered or put in jail. We already are in a full blown mad dictator situation.

If you want WWII comparisons: We are witnessing Hitler invade Poland after the rest of Europe mistakenly thought they could control him with their appeasement policies not realizing he is a madman. It should be pretty obvious now that Putin has gone mad.

He is already threatening decades of piece and stability including threats of nuclear war, hence the destruction of the world. We can hardly just ignore that and the reason he is even able to do that is our dependency on Russian gas and oil.

It is your doing guys, that Putin was allowed to be in reign for over 20 years. So, I don't think you are completely innocent.
I think that the opinion of ordinary people or their voice does not matter. Power chooses itself. And this applies not only to presidential elections, it was very often when they made such decisions, from which I was, to put it mildly, shocked. And I didn’t understand where these “80% for” came from in the voting When all or almost all of whom I know were against.
Post automatically merged:

Care to remind us how it all started?
Wasn't this Russia's involvement in separatistic movements in Donbass and Crimea back in 2014 when Ukrainians dumped the pro-russian president and leading party? It already turned into an armed conflict then and Russia was already involved.
Should Ukraine just shrug and neglect their territorial integrity and watch how Russia is taking over piece by piece? Why Russia intervened in Chechnya then, who also wanted to separate?

As for CDPR statement, that's true it impacts normal people, that may not be advocating for this war. But let's be honest here, Russians and Belarussians will complain for a week and then will move on, find another game to play, and once this is all over, they will either get back to CDPR games or not.
For CDPR however, it looks like this - on one hand they donated money to support refugees, and on the other hand you would expect them to still earn money from nations, that are involved in the aggression? How would that look? It would translate to supporting Ukrainians with russian money, and this is most likely the last thing the Ukrainians would want.

You may be irate and feel unfairly treated, but you need to realize, that your own comfort is not the most important thing, that should be taken into consideration in the current course of events. Especially when your polititian's actions cause suffering of millions of people, and many other millions of people will need to lift the burden of not allowing the humanitarian catastrophe to happen. And you're complaining about not being able to buy a video game? Just give me a freaking break.
This is not about right and wrong, and it seems you did not understand my position at all. It's also not about anyone's comfort.
It's one thing when all sorts of sanctions are used, aimed at the state as a whole, but ordinary citizens also suffer from this. At least it’s clear what their common goal is and what they are following, and I won’t even argue with this, and if this can really affect a peaceful solution to the conflict for all people, then I’m ready to “sit” under these sanctions .. It’s a completely different matter when there are restrictions of this kind. What are they aimed at? On whom? How will they influence this issue? Do you seriously think that someone from political circles, whose word has weight, will be upset by this? Or do you think that by creating more and more pressure on ordinary citizens, they will be able to change something?

Last edited:
It's one thing when all sorts of sanctions are used, aimed at the state as a whole, but ordinary citizens also suffer from this. At least it’s clear what their common goal is and what they are following, and I won’t even argue with this, and if this can really affect a peaceful solution to the conflict for all people, then I’m ready to “sit” under these sanctions .. It’s a completely different matter when there are restrictions of this kind. What are they aimed at? On whom? How will they influence this issue? Do you seriously think that someone from political circles, whose word has weight, will be upset by this? Or do you think that by creating more and more pressure on ordinary citizens, they will be able to change something?
This is aimed at the state as a whole. The goal is too cripple Russias economy. Yes ordinary people will be affected by this and i dont exactly like it either but what else can we do? Watch as Russia takes country upon country? Start WW3? Sadly i think theres no way out of this situation. But something needs too be done.

This is aimed at the state as a whole. The goal is too cripple Russias economy. Yes ordinary people will be affected by this and i dont exactly like it either but what else can we do? Watch as Russia takes country upon country? Start WW3? Sadly i think theres no way out of this situation. But something needs too be done.
Do you understand that the economy has a large number of different sectors? If there was a ban on the sale of games by OUR studios, then yes, this can be called a sanction aimed at the country's economy. Or, for example, the import of Intel processors has been suspended. This can also be called a sanction aimed at the country's economy as a whole.
But the fact that citizens are simply banned from buying games, how can this be called a sanction directed at the country? I do not think that politicians play something in their free time from political dirt. Or that it somehow affected the income of the country or its individual structures.

This is not about right and wrong, and it seems you did not understand my position at all. It's also not about anyone's comfort.

That is obvious, that the sanctions will impact ordinary people the most. Nobody stated otherwise. Everyone knows this.
Russia is supposedly a democratic country, and Putin and his comrades are leading your country for more than 20 years. With all the things that happened during that time, military conflicts/interventions in Chechnya, Osetia, Donbas, Crimea, disappearing dissidents/journalists criticizing Putin, etc., didn't he give enough reasons for not allowing him to lead your country any longer? Who had been voting for him for all these years? Not ordinary people? Or maybe the citizens silently approved this because Russia was growing stronger under his leadership, although at the cost of crimes.
You may say you didn't vote for him, but the majority did, and as a whole, the responsibility for what's happening now is at the russian citizens. So I won't buy your attempts to wash your hands of the responsibility and to convince us, that normal people have nothing to do with it. If you really are democratic nation, do something with it in the next elections, and for the time being accept the consequences, because the indirect fault is still a fault.

Dear CDPR,

When you f***ed up with cyberpunk 2077 i didn't refund it, cz i know you need my support. Not all of your employees was fault. And still i hoped my support, and support of my friends was needed to you. And now you blaming me because of Putin and his actions.

Not all Russians has supported you in your dark times, but you making strike to everyone of us. In this hard time we need to think what can we do to help all people. But aggression lead only aggression.

Many Russians are now in prison because they are against this f***ing "special operation" and more will be in future. Russians doesn't need Crimea, Russians don't need this war. (Except army and police fanatics that lives in corruption and lie)

Games should stay off politic. Do you think Putin play The witcher? Or our generals do? Most of your players is a common people that suffering bcz of our politicians. But Putin's propaganda and army/police forces is too strong for now. Many of us fight against it (read about Alexey Navalniy and how my government has tried to kill him)

It's hard to think, speak and write about this situation. The worst is to knew i can't stop Putin. I hope the war will stop as soon as possible and every day I'm reading news in hope to see "The war is over". Your actions doesn't help anyone, it only grows aggression.

Peace to everyone, have fun in games.

P.S. sorry for bad English. It's really hard to.... Everything...

That is obvious, that the sanctions will impact ordinary people the most. Nobody stated otherwise. Everyone knows this.
Russia is supposedly a democratic country, and Putin and his comrades are leading your country for more than 20 years. With all the things that happened during that time, military conflicts/interventions in Chechnya, Osetia, Donbas, Crimea, disappearing dissidents/journalists criticizing Putin, etc., didn't he give enough reasons for not allowing him to lead your country any longer? Who had been voting for him for all these years? Not ordinary people? Or maybe the citizens silently approved this because Russia was growing stronger under his leadership, although at the cost of crimes.
You may say you didn't vote for him, but the majority did, and as a whole, the responsibility for what's happening now is at the russian citizens. So I won't buy your attempts to wash your hands of the responsibility and to convince us, that normal people have nothing to do with it. If you really are democratic nation, do something with it in the next elections, and for the time being accept the consequences, because the indirect fault is still a fault.
I'll write it again just for you:
I think that the opinion of ordinary people or their voice does not matter. Power chooses itself. And this applies not only to presidential elections, it was very often when they made such decisions, from which I was, to put it mildly, shocked. And I didn’t understand where these “80% for” came from in the voting When all or almost all of whom I know were against.
Your elections may show real results, but I have huge doubts about our elections. So how can a simple person influence certain decisions, certain elections, if their vote is most likely simply not taken into account.

Do you understand that the economy has a large number of different sectors? If there was a ban on the sale of games by OUR studios, then yes, this can be called a sanction aimed at the country's economy. Or, for example, the import of Intel processors has been suspended. This can also be called a sanction aimed at the country's economy as a whole.
But the fact that citizens are simply banned from buying games, how can this be called a sanction directed at the country? I do not think that politicians play something in their free time from political dirt. Or that it somehow affected the income of the country or its individual structures.
Its a larger effort then just this games, but it will limit taxes collected by your goverment from GOG. It will be affected by pretty much everything that comes from the EU and countrys that are against this war. This is too show Russia that acting this way is not ok. They will keep adding more and more sanctions. Russia cant even compete in sports with other countrys atm. This will affect more and more parts of daily life.

Starting wars has consequences. And i get that YOU did not do this, but your country did.

Yes we understand that and we also understand that it's important to target all parts of Russian economy. Yesterday in the night Russian tanks fired on a nuclear plant in Ukraine. I'm not sure that you grasp what of a big deal this is, you aren't just murdering Ukrainian civilians anymore, you are threatening live on the European continent as a whole. If that attack on the power plant had gone bad, large parts of Ukraine would have become inhabitable for hundreds of years.

At this point everyone that is still sane has to distance himself from Russia. So there is a little bit of collateral of people not being able to play games, it's going to get much harsher then that. As long as Putin is in power you will have to get used to living without any western product at all. It's time you open your eyes and take a good look on how high the stakes are.

Edit: And just a reminder, the fact that the largest Nuclear Power plant that close to Europe is now in the hands of a mad dictator is pretty scary on it's own. And people said we were mad to say nuclear power is dangerous.

I don't think there is any point to explaining this to someone who believes Putin was allowed to stay in power. Some people clearly don't understand the dynamics within Russia.

What's next? North Koreans are responsible for Kim's actions?

Okay, now I understand why these disputes do not make any sense.
Where did you get this information from the evening news? Or from a video from a telegram from another "random" Ukrainian soldier. Just for example, if you google the data for a moment in different languages, you will see ABSOLUTELY different information and results. So if you base your conclusions only on information from the public domain, then further reasoning makes little sense. For your opinion, as well as mine (in case I go to look for more information about certain events) will be highly susceptible to propaganda.
Yesterday in the night Russian tanks fired on a nuclear plant in Ukraine

Your elections may show real results, but I have huge doubts about our elections. So how can a simple person influence certain decisions, certain elections, if their vote is most likely simply not taken into account.
I suggest to look at what the Portuguese people achieved back in 1974... it was also a non-democratic state involved in a war that the population didn't support. Because if the logic is "ordinary russians are against but they cannot do anything" and since nobody wants a scenario of NATO troops fighting russian troops (since russia has already threatened with the use of nuclear weapons in that scenario) the only remaining scenario is sanctions an international isolation.

Its a larger effort then just this games, but it will limit taxes collected by your goverment from GOG. It will be affected by pretty much everything that comes from the EU and countrys that are against this war. This is too show Russia that acting this way is not ok. They will keep adding more and more sanctions. Russia cant even compete in sports with other countrys atm. This will affect more and more parts of daily life.

Starting wars has consequences. And i get that YOU did not do this, but your country did.
This conflict has no saints. Every country make bad decisions. It's not the reason to hate everyone in this country. Even third Reich had people who was against Hitler.

Почему в Германии не запрещают продавать свои игры? Ведь эти добрые люди всего лишь расстреливали, бомбили, жгли заживо ваших дедов.

Right, and what are you as citizens going to do about it if you suspect that your own authorities aren't playing a fair game with you? Will you let them keep all of you 140+ million people under their boot forever? Nobody but you can only change this. Regimes fall under pressure of normal people, that collectively oppose.

It seems that you propose is called a civil war. And if you think that this can be a way out, then you can immediately doubt your adequacy

Agreed, I'm amazed (in a bad way) at anyone saying "YOU SHOULD STAND UP TO HIM" when doing so could very well mean death for you and your family.

It's such an easy thing to say from an outsider's perspective. Yet, here we are, with plenty of people outright advocating for it or seemingly so.
Post automatically merged:

You will tell us in a bit, because that is where your country is going now.

My country? You have no clue where I'm from lol.

Okay, now I understand why these disputes do not make any sense.
Where did you get this information from the evening news? Or from a video from a telegram from another "random" Ukrainian soldier. Just for example, if you google the data for a moment in different languages, you will see ABSOLUTELY different information and results. So if you base your conclusions only on information from the public domain, then further reasoning makes little sense. For your opinion, as well as mine (in case I go to look for more information about certain events) will be highly susceptible to propaganda.
Like literally nobody disputes the fact that there was an attack on this plant yesterday (apart from Russian propaganda). So Ukrainians set fire to their own plant, then ran away and now Russia is magically in control of that plant without attacking it before? Really? And yes, sure Russian media outlets are going to paint a different picture of events. No wonder. Wake up.

Edit: Like literally even RT the biggest propaganda outlet possible admits there was an attack: https://www.rt.com/russia/551189-ukraine-zaporozhskaya-nuclear-plant/

This conflict has no saints. Every country make bad decisions. It's not the reason to hate everyone in this country. Even third Reich had people who was against Hitler.
Yes but since its on a country scale this is what happends. I dont hate Russian people. I dont think all Russians support Putin and this war. But its still happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom