Important update

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
[...] Where were your comments when people suffered and died in Ukraine in the light of their own policies??? It was not you or your brothers and sisters who suffered, our friends and good acquaintances. And it was long before all this. It is clear that information warfare has been going on inside the country for a long time in order to turn everyone against everyone.
[...]

Well, since that's seemingly not so easy to understand, I'll guess I have to explain the difference between "suffering from policies" and "full blown invasion and murder by a different country" to you. I'm not entirely sure how I would do that, since you are obviously suffering from that exact information warfare you are claiming is happening.

The problem Russia has, this has turned around on them, hasn't it. You were getting a little overconfident that you could always control the message because you were pretty good in putting propaganda into the web. Seems a few people underestimated the effect that murdering people has on general perception.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
"suffering from policies"
Apparently you are not aware that there were not just "political acts", but real shelling of the civilian population of the eastern regions by the military forces of Ukraine and their battalions. There, people not only suffered, they died there, including women, the elderly and children. Try to communicate with civilians in the easternmost part of the country, whom the government of Ukraine has skillfully called terrarists and find out from them how they live all this time.
[...]
Post automatically merged:

Seems a few people underestimated the effect that murdering people has on general perception.
However, you have successfully underestimated the information about the atrocities and killings of people exactly up to this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, what CDPR is doing is adding some more pressure and I applaud them for doing so. If enough Russian citizens get pissed enough about their quality of life going down, maybe they'll get their government to knock it off with this war that they started.

To players in Russia: If you don't like it, make your opinions known to your leaders and then, if they won't listen, protest and keep escalating until they do listen. Don't complain to CDRP, complain to your president.

since you are obviously suffering from that exact information warfare you are claiming is happening.
I can also surprise you that I don’t watch the news and don’t read news sites for 10 years already. And I learn about this situation directly from people, both Russian and Ukrainian, who were directly there before and are there now.

How to return money for CP? I'm serious, I don't want to pay people who oppress ordinary citizens along ethnic lines. I requested a refund on steam 3 times, I was denied. I bought the game for myself and my girlfriend, how do I get the money back? Take this rubbish out of my library, but return the money. All steam functions are limited, the forum is blocked, the store is blocked. Nobody said that I would buy a game with half the features unavailable on steam. Inaccessible on a national basis.
I am against war. Games are the only reason I'm alive. In my country.
So you just rot Russian gamers because you are nationalists. Yeah thats EU.

So, the question is how to return the money. I cant found how.

No one is protecting consumer rights here. Hypocrites.

Hii CD Projekt RED, I and many others would like to buy a card back with the flag of Ukraine. We would be very happy to support the Ukrainian people. These sales can raise money for charity, as millions of people have lost their homes and have no food.

Attachments

• screen-1.jpg
    screen-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 37
I can also surprise you that I don’t watch the news and don’t read news sites for 10 years already. And I learn about this situation directly from people, both Russian and Ukrainian, who were directly there before and are there now.
Oh I did, but I don't care much about Russian propaganda. So because Russia attacked the Ukraine before that makes it somehow better? If anything that shows that everyone just accepted Russia attacking and terrorizing the Ukraine before as "well what can you do". So now they overstepped what everyone else can shrug off and that's somehow surprising to you?

Considering some of the posts here it's pretty clear that Russian propaganda and aggression was tolerated way to long. Even the Chinese don't want to be dragged into this, and that's saying something. It's long been time that we realize that Putin is mad (as if outright murdering political opposition wasn't enough to proof that) and stop pandering to him.

Oh I did, but I don't care much about Russian propaganda. So because Russia attacked the Ukraine before that makes it somehow better? If anything that shows that everyone just accepted Russia attacking and terrorizing the Ukraine before as "well what can you do". So now they overstepped what everyone else can shrug off and that's somehow surprising to you?

Considering some of the posts here it's pretty clear that Russian propaganda and aggression was tolerated way to long. Even the Chinese don't want to be dragged into this, and that's saying something. It's long been time that we realize that Putin is mad (as if outright murdering political opposition wasn't enough to proof that) and stop pandering to him.
[...]
Let me tell you about politics right now. I don't support our president in many ways. You do not know in what conditions many people live in our country. Corruption, theft of state. budget and more. Ordinary people know about a huge number of problems. They also understand that they know little about foreign policy and therefore do not stick their nose in without this very knowledge.
As for the first part of your post. I did not understand what kind of terrorism in question. Apparently you learned this from some media. For among their own speeches about this, there were none before.
And now to my post.

People stop building up hatred.
Against the background of all recent events, I decided to create a separate topic.
I just want to convey all the hypocrisy with which many are now actively speaking on the Internet. I must say right away that I do not watch news propaganda and do not read any sites where information can be easily changed.
I am from Russia and I have friends and good acquaintances living in Ukraine. Most of them are located in the eastern part of the country.
What is happening now is a real disaster for ordinary people and for countries in general. And I, like any sane person, want to live in complete peace on our planet and not attack each other, but develop together and create the future. BUT.
Why are all these defenders who are actively writing now that people are dying and suffering there. WHY? why didn't you start doing this many years ago? When did the chaos start to happen? After that, the "wonderful authorities of Ukraine" called the eastern part traitors and terrorists? Why didn't you write all this then and did nothing when the armed forces of the Ukrainian army and their battalions fired on the civilian population, killing innocent people? After all, the trouble was already then, but you didn’t care.
Now I will tell the story of my friend's sister.
"They have not had a home for 5-6 years already. They spend the night in the basement. Her husband drinks from grief, and she, in order not to go completely crazy, goes to the place of her former job - the destroyed library. When she walks down the street, she can see how children's toys lie, in which no one will play anymore, because these children are no longer there. Not only adults died, but children too, and no one cared what their views and opinions were."
All this happened as a result of the actions of the Ukrainian authorities and its army. Why did you turn a blind eye to all this before?
Now this conflict has taken a catastrophic turn. After all, will it make the lives of these people better? I think no. They just hope that this is all over and they can live a normal life again.
Why am I writing all this? Civilians of any countries cannot influence what is happening. The most they can do is civil war, which will make it even worse. And this is clearly not an option.
Again, I do not support military action, no matter which states are involved in them and where they take place. However, now I understand that the only thing I can do is hope that the key figures in this situation, who directly make decisions in both countries, will make sure that all people, with different opinions and ideas, can live in peace, without the threat of sides of others.
I really hope that the diplomatic divisions of the countries will be able to come to an agreement and end this conflict once and for all.
And I am very sorry that I have to post such posts on the forums of game studios, whose projects should somehow save people from apathy in the current situation. However, the company's actions suggest otherwise.

I hope that I write more or less clearly. For speed I use a regular translator. My knowledge is not enough for this kind of texts

People around the world need to understand that very few Russians actually support this war. Vast majority is against it but they can't do much about it, if at all.
This war is terrible on so many levels! Unfortunately, now the whole country becomes an exile because of the actions of one man, the president.

People around the world need to understand that very few Russians actually support this war. Vast majority is against it but they can't do much about it, if at all.
This was is terrible on so many levels! Unfortunately, now the whole country becomes an exile because of the actions of one man, the president.
Well we do understand that, believe it or not. But we have exactly two things we can do:
- A military intervention in Ukraine > Impossible because Putin threatens to make the earth uninhabitable if we do that

- Economic pressure in a size that will have a severe impact on the Russian economy

The latter only works if everyone is in the same boat. So the pressure on western companies to halt dealings with Russia is up.

The more war crimes Russia commits in Ukraine, the higher the pressure will get. After attacks on a Nuclear plant it will be hard for Sony, Microsoft and really any company to not pull out of Russia.

It‘s harsh, but would you really prefer we send soldiers into Ukraine to throw the Russians out? That’s WWIII, honestly I prefer that a few people in Russia that don’t support the war can‘t play games anymore.

Hello,

I just wanted to write a small letter to CDPR.

I feel like that decision to ban sales due to war in Ukraine is just not the right way to go. I'm scared that we are repeating history. Hitler came to power because of extreme nationalism and antisemitism. But that's exactly what blanket sanctions without second thought are doing! Blanket sanctioning of russian people will only bolster support Putin has. Those who supported him now have the evidence of how whole world is against them. How everything that state media was telling them all these years is true. How only Putin can protect them.

I feel like CDPR is just adding oil into the fire. It can only make things worse.

I hope I'm wrong.

Where were your strange "political" decisions when this chaos began a long time ago. My friend lives in the eastern part of Ukraine. She and her husband have been sleeping in the basement for 5 years, as a result of the actions of the "Ukrainian heroes", their government, the absolute failure of domestic politics.
Care to remind us how it all started?
Wasn't this Russia's involvement in separatistic movements in Donbass and Crimea back in 2014 when Ukrainians dumped the pro-russian president and leading party? It already turned into an armed conflict then and Russia was already involved.
Should Ukraine just shrug and neglect their territorial integrity and watch how Russia is taking over piece by piece? Why Russia intervened in Chechnya then, who also wanted to separate?

As for CDPR statement, that's true it impacts normal people, that may not be advocating for this war. But let's be honest here, Russians and Belarussians will complain for a week and then will move on, find another game to play, and once this is all over, they will either get back to CDPR games or not.
For CDPR however, it looks like this - on one hand they donated money to support refugees, and on the other hand you would expect them to still earn money from nations, that are involved in the aggression? How would that look? It would translate to supporting Ukrainians with russian money, and this is most likely the last thing the Ukrainians would want.

You may be irate and feel unfairly treated, but you need to realize, that your own comfort is not the most important thing, that should be taken into consideration in the current course of events. Especially when your polititian's actions cause suffering of millions of people, and many other millions of people will need to lift the burden of not allowing the humanitarian catastrophe to happen. And you're complaining about not being able to buy a video game? Just give me a freaking break.

Yes, you are wrong. What Russian citizens are experiencing right now is called - Cognitive Dissonance. It kicks in even quicker, when a person is pushed outside of his/her comfort zone, which is done by implementing sanctions.

Usually, the outcome of this are boycotts, or worse riots against the ruling regime within the country. Hope, that Russians would realise that sooner, than later before many other civilian life is lost.
Post automatically merged:

Bravo CDPR, it knows how to discourage players, once again you show the height of hypocrisy. Either you walk around in rainbow t-shirts or punish innocent people for the decisions of stupid politicians. And games should be separated from politics, because we play to break away from this smelly politics, and you bring this stench here. What did ordinary players blame for the politicians' decisions? In such shaky times, a man must have a springboard in order not to go crazy, and you have taken this springboard and it will only result in turning your back on you, because you are hypocrites. Why do you support Ukraine so much? Because it's fashionable now? What about the suffering of other nations? There are wars all over the world, all the time, and the biggest aggressor is the United States, they have waged more wars in recent years than there have been all wars in the world in the last hundred years. Why not sell to that market? Be ashamed. You won't gain anything by doing this. Game developers should remain neutral. Do not get involved in smelly politics, because you will not get rid of this stench anymore. And you will lose players for your own wish, which is completely incomprehensible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom