Improvement Suggestions

+
Improvement Suggestions

Currently testing the Beta for some time now, and after testing it now fo some time, you quickly see alot of potential for significant improvements for the game.

Missing Glossary/Tutorial Improvements
Lets begin first with the elephant in the glass room. The game in its beta phase is massively lacking "explanations" for its lots of gameplay moves& mechanics that all the cards have.
There should exist a glossary with alot of repeatable Tutorials for all the kinds of Decks and their special gameplay mechancis that make them unique together with explanations and totorials that show the player, what these mechanics exactly do, so that you as a playr can understand better in which kind of situations it is useful to play specific cards with their mechanics out.
That is compeltely missing yet. You get the first tiem you enter the beta a very small tutorial - yes, but it shows you only the very most simple basics and keeps the player in the dark with too many not shown mechanics that the player has to find out by themself what exactly these mechanics do.
There needs to be a glossary that lists up all mechanics around the game, its cards, gameplay elements, decks, ect from A to Z

Counterproductive "stupid" Card Effects
There are alot of Cards, that have negative effects, that are in all situations counterproductive, even towards yourself, when all played out cards with their mechanics should always be working only against your enemy, not against yourself by forcing you to attack your own cards, or to take over cards from the enemy hand over to you field, which will result in destroying your onw hand!
that are moments, where you just say to yourself - WTF! Who the hell is resposinble for this stupid effect, that backfires agaisnt you, if you just use the card in such a situation??
Cards that have the potential to backfire against their own players completely need to be redesigned. There may not exist any cards, that turn out to be more harmful against yourself, than against your enemy, only because you played it out or were forced to play it out at a bad situation.

Game Balance
There exist definetely alot of Cards, which are ridiculously overpowered while there also exist alot of underpowered Cards. For a better balancing of Gwent do need to receive all Cards a bigger Point Range. Cards shouldn't be hard capped at 10 Points. like in the original Gwent except for Geralt and Ciri which had 15 Points in the Console Gwent Version.
The Range of Points that Cards should have should be between 1 to maximum 20 Points by design maximum. This increased Range will give CDPR more space and room for balancing better each individual Card an its effect.
Had the Card less powerful side effects, than should its points be higher, than cards which have either many various side effects or extremely powerful side effects that can easily turn the tide of a match to your favor when you play them out.
Leader Cards need to be all more powerful. the current version's Leader Cards are mostly all boring and there exist simple Gold Cards, ya even simple Silver Cards, that are more power - and impactful, than some Leader Cards of the game.

More Card Ranks
Gwent should have more than only Bronze, Silver and Gold Cards, somethign more like this:

Bronze Cards = Maximum 4 Copies, Not protected from Effects, are always placeable only in 1 specifc row
Silver Cards = Maximum 3 Copies, Not protected from Effects, can be placed in only 1 specifc role, but can be switched also in its rows for the cost of -1 Point
Gold Cards = Maximum 2 Copies, Protected from Effects, Can be placed anywhere, Copies have alternative Effects so that Copy Cards of the same Gold Card don't have the same effect, they provide unique Dual Effects if you have both Copies of the same Gold Card on the field.
Platinum Cards = Maximum 1 Copy, Protected from Effects, Can be placed anywhere, can be sacrificed for a Gold Card of Choice from the Deck

More Card Types
Following Card Types should Gwent have:
- Field Cards (Characters, Monsters, Siege)
- Support Cards (Traps, Weather Effects, Potions/Decoctions, Bombs, Witcher Signs, Magic Spells)
- Leader Cards (Unique Deck Effects)
- Neutral Cards (Cards that can be used within all Decks)
- Battle Cards (Special Field Cards which don't have Points, they lead to Battles between them an chosen Enemy Field Cards, if you win the Battle (you control the character/monster of the Battle Card in combat), then you gain a "Wild Card" extra from your Deck that you can choose out either, or destroy a card of choice from the deck or hand of your enemy.)
- Draw/Remove Cards - Special Cards that either allow the player to draw a Card from their Deck, or force the Enemy to remove a Card from their Hand to their Deck
- Graveyard Cards - Side Effect Cards with Effects, that affect all your Cards in the grave, Revivals, Grave Switches, Sacrifices, Tombs
- Treasure/Artefact Cards - Buffs/Debuffs that are not direct Point Increases

More Card Decks
Theres potential for more Card Decks to make Gwent more diversive. Gwent should provide the following Decks
- Northern Realm
- Nilfgaard
- Scoi'atell
- Monsters
- Skellige Islands
- Kovir
- Toussaint
- Kaer Morhen

With these 8 Decks would be for Gwent alot more diversive and the lore has enough potential for these additional three Decks Kovir, Kaer Morhen and Toussaint

Card Progression
If you add to gwent some kind of Card progression, like animated Card Versions, then I think there should also be some kind of Card Progression for the time spent to upgrade your Cards from simple unanimated Cards to their animated versions.
Animated Versions should have increased Points. Example. An unanimated Nilfgaardian Mangonel Card has 6 Points, the animated Version instead should have 7 Points and the animated versions Side Effect should be quicker in its timer, it should be workign already after 1 Round instead of after 2 Rounds.
Each Card should basically have 3 Grades.

Grade 1 = Weakest Form, Unanimated
Grade 2 = +1 Point Bonus and little Effect Buff, Unanimated
Grade 3 = Like Grade 2, Animated. So more Animated Card Versions you collect, so bigger is the Bonus Exp for won Matches and to bigger are the Rewards you gain.

No RNG Rewards!
for the sake of this game, remove the stupid RNG mechanics from the game. At least for Cards where you have reached the Copy Limit.
Collecting the Cards and gettign complete Decks should be part of Player Progression. The prices for kegs are ridiculous, so high can't be the server costs for a simple online Card Game, that such insane high keg prices for idiotic RNG mechanics are not good. Seriously 3€ for 6 random cards from which you can just choose out then the last 3 again from 3 random options.
its understandable, that there needs to be something for which players want to spent money for to finance the servers...
But RNG Mechanics shouldn't be the source of money income for Gwent.
Sell instead Gwent als real Trading Collection Card Game and financialize the Onlien gwent game from the sales of the real Collection Card Version with that people can play Gwent also in real.
Make a Merchandise Shop around Witcher stuff that can we used to finance also the Gwent Game, if it must be, sell it as disk game if it really must be, but for gods sake, keep this RNG BS out of Gwent.

Daily Rewards > Weekly Rewards > Monthly Rewards
There shouldn't be only Daily Rewards, but also Weekly and Monthly rewards based on the amount of Wins, of accumulated Rank Points.
There can be more rewards than just only unlocking Cards, Card Animations, Titles or Frames for your chosen Avatar Picture. There need to be also alot more Avatars. The Witcher Game series has so many characters and we have currently only laughable like 8 chooseable Avatars or so??? That definetely needs to be increased!!
As kind of new rewards could players unlock also witcher based Console Themes for example that look different and have other background musics than the free one we can download from the store (PSN ect.), we could unlock some kind of Art Work Section, where we can unlock Concept Arts to like at fro mthe Witcher Games and Witcher Songtracks to be able to use them as background music for the menu or while playing matches. Brief said, rewards need to be more, than just unlocking Cards.

Achievements
Once its out of Beta, there should be also achievements to earn

1 - Win 10 Matches
2 - Win 25 Matches
3 - Win 50 Matches
4 - Win 100 Matches
5 - Win 250 Matches
6 - Win 500 Matches
7 - Win 1000 Matches
8 - Unlock 50% of all Nothern Realm Cards
9 - Unlock all Northern Realm Cards
10 - Unlock 50% of all Nilfgaardian Cards
11 - Unlock all Nilfgaardian Cards
12 - Unlock 50% of all Monster Cards
13 - Unlock all Monster Cards
14 - Unlock 50 % of all Scoi'atell Cards
15 - Unlock all Scoi'atell Cards
16 - Unlock 50 % of all Skellige Island Cards
17 - Unlock all Skellige Island Cards
18 - Unlock 50 % of all Kovir Cards
19 - Unlock all Kovir Cards
20 - Unlock 50% of all Toussaint Cards
21 - Unlock all Toussaint Cards
22 - Unlock 50% of all Kaer Morhen Cards
23 - Unlock all Kaer Morhen Cards
24 - Reach Rank 5 in Rank Matches
25 - Reach Rank 15 in Rank Matches
26 - Reach Rank 25 in Rank Matches
27 - Reach Rank 40 in Rank Matches
28 - Reach Rank 55 in Rank Matches
29 - Reach Rank 75 in Rank Matches
30 - Reach Rank 100 in Rank Matches
31 - Win a Match with 2:0
32 - Fulfill all Tutorials
33 - Unlock 15% of all Card Animations
34 - Unlock 30% of all Card Animations
35 - Unlock 45% of all Card Animations
36 - Unlock 60% of all Card Animations
37 - Unlock 75 % of all Card Animations
38 - Unlock all Card Animations
39 - Win with a Battle Card a Match/Round
40 - Win with a Trap Card a Match/Round
41 - Win with a Weather Card a Match/Round
42 - Win with a Leader Card a Match/Round
43 - Win with a Witcher Signet Card a Match
44 - Win 100 Matches with the Northern Realms Deck
45 - Win 100 Matches with the Nilfgaardian Deck
46 - Win 100 Matches with the Monster Deck
47 - Win 100 Matches with the Skellige Islands Deck
48 - Win 100 Matches with the Kovir Deck
49 - Win 100 Matches with the Toussaint Deck
50 - Win 100 Matches with the Kaer Morhen Deck

Timers
Reduce the Timers, some of them are way too long. No time should have 30-60 Seconds. The Timers should all be maximum 20 seconds.so that people make quicker decisions.

Challenges
Remove them, people should unlock the Leader Cards just by raising in the Player Ranks from playing againster other players from normal Matches if you beat a player in a Match ,which uses a Leader Card, that you havenät unlocked, then you unlock for yourself the Leader Card if you beat that player which uses a leader Card which you don't have yet.

I dunno where to start.. Maybe some ideas are good to be implemented as effects in future cards.. But for gods sake.. if you think gwent should be better with ALL these things then you should play some other CCG or create your own cause all these things in ONE card game are too much... and I am a hardcore gamer..

Gwent will be better with all these things.
Especially after reworking the Gwent Card Effects, that are so stupid, that they can and will harm you more, than your enemy in certain situations, because the card effects can't differentiate between you and the enemy player, so that it quite oftenly can happen, that you are forced for example to attack your own cards, because there are not enough targets on the field for your card to attack and the game forces you to let your card attack 3 targets, when there are only 2 enemy cards on the map and forces you to attack one of your own cards as a 3rd target that the drawn cards demands from you to pick, just so that you can lay the card. Thats just stupid card effect design.
Or hen you draw out for exampel the nilfgaard card that allows you to draw spies from the enemy side to your own side, which includes also harmful effects that count for the card as spy also too, like the mangonels card destroy spy effect from the nilfgaard deck with that you destroy directly all your own weakest cards. thats just counterproductive card design, if the game can#t differentiate between non harmful and harmful effects for you and is designedaround it, that the game should always priorize on harmful effects for your enemy only and not backfire its own effects on yourself, only because the mechanics enforce it, so that you are able to play out the card at all like in the case when there are too less targets at a moment on the field for a card effect to focus on the enemy only.
if there are too less targets on a map to fully play out the card's effect, then the card effect should just stop at that moment when there are not enough targets for the card effect and just play the card out. Point!! This can be now either also just a simple Bug, but it can also be just bad card design that needs to be fixed.

Most of my suggestions are here in that list of my brainstorming I had just simple quality of life improvements.
Like reducing the timers, like removing challenges and letting players unlock their leader cards in a simpler way on the fly while leveling up their player ranks in normal matches.
Or implementing a glossary which explains much better with more Tutorials all kinds of gameplay elements, features and so on, so that you have a place in the game, where you can quickly learn about the game and that alot better, than the way too simply introduction tutorial that you get when you play the beta for the very first time and after that you get nowhere in the whole game anywhere anyhow any explanations at all and you have to find out everything for yourself!! Thats not good, a clear game design oversight here and can be quickly fixed without alot of effort, but its possitive effect for the game when it would be there will be significant!

Achievements to be added is now also not a huge thing, but will give the game more meaning and somethign to strife for, other than just only leveling up player levels and ranks in ranked matches.
Improving the rewards with a more frequent version that rewards the player also on a weekly and a monthly basis is also no huge effort to implement, but will make playing the game more fun simply and gives the players more goals on the logner run. If you cap out your rewards for the day, playing further Gwent kind of feels pointless, when there are no rewards anymore, because once you reached your 66 won rounds, the rewards for the day just stop. Kind of uncreative to me.

GWent will definetely make for everyone also more fun, if CDPR removes all the pointless RNG in the game, because seriously, RNG is just only there to artificially slow down the players progression here with collectign the cards and to add some kind of financing to the game thats needs for the servers, cause servers still don't fincence themself magically. There has to be some money income, so that they servers can stay live.
Just I think that insanely overpriced card kegs in a game, that allows you to earn all cards just to playing also (because otherwise it would be the deadly developers sin of pay to win) won#t be the solution.
But selling gwent as a real card collection game and other merchandise articles, thats for me the right way to finance gwent and supporting Witcher 3 with more new buyable DLC content in form of more Add Ons for example, quests and so on. Thats stuff where tons of people are willign for to pay real money for, but surely not for overpriced RNG Card Kegs where the chance that you get what you need becomes bigger and bigger so more you collect Cards and turns over tiem also more and more into a boring "turn cards that you have too much into scraps-grind" just to work against that RNG spiral that becomes bigger so more cards you collect just to be able to collect your missing cards somewhen sooner or later after having turned thousands of too much copy cards into scraps.
And all this just to give players the incentive to buy Card Kegs to finance some servers which can't be now for just a online card game too costy compared to a real MMO game like for exampel WoW or GW2 ect. I just think with merchandise and more continued support for Witcher 3 will have CDPR better ooptions to finance Gwent, especially when the new overworked gwent gets INCLUDED into Witcher 3 as feature and makes it possible from then on also to play Gwent online against others from the Witcher 3 ingame on.
Never understood, why CRPR made out of Gwent a seperate online game, when it would be much better to include the overworked game just into Witcher 3 where it belongs to as the game is the sole reason, why Gwent became even popular at all, so I think the overworked Gwent should become also part of it.

Giving the Game a Balance Patch is absolutely normal, that the reason why there is now an open beta, so that as many people can test out the game now, to find any kind of overseen Bugs, to test out the game mechanics, to find mechanics, that need to be either reworked or rebalanced.
Thats just a natural thing and I hope, that once the game goes out of its open beta phase, that the game will get contiued balancing Support also as well together with continued content in form of new Cards to be added every now and then (which don't count for the achievements should there be some for collectng the original release cards later)
As you see, theres alot of potential for more card decks, that means also alot of potential for more new cards, that make Gwent more fiun to play, more diversive, because i think the game was never diversive enough to begin with, thats why I'm happy about it, that they added with the add ons kind of my suggested Skellige Islands Deck.
However, it was with the Toussaint Add On kind of disappointign, that they didn't use the chance with that add on to add directly also as well a Toussaint Deck.
Kovir is also a meaningful region of the witcher lore, that would make up for a nice possible deck and lastly Kaer Morhen would work well for the basically specific "Heroes & Witchers Deck" instead of letting Cards like Triss, Vesemir, Lamberd, Eskel ect. stay as a neutral Card and could provide enough cards for a deck, when CDPR uses for this card all the kind of specific and unique Skills of the various characters as seperate cards, like there exists this Geralt - Igni Card and the Geralt - Aard Card.
Same could be done then for all the other Hero Cards for the specific Kaer Morhen Deck, but that deck is kind of optional. Id be just happy enough just over an additional Kovir and Toussaint Deck.

We will see, what CDPR will do and if they will make usage of any of these suggestions at all. The game is still in beta phase, and alot can change in the game, while that is still the case.

Most of your ideas don't seem to good to me. Especially the set timers to 20, I don't wanna have to rush my desicions in this game, it's a stratety game so i want time to think!

In warhammer table top game for each army you used to need 3 core units, one general as a basis for a army. I was thinking that this might be a special mode of deck that could be used. A set limit on how many bronze unit before you put in specials and silvers.

Also maybe pauper deck mode with only bronze and silver?w

I do also have some suggestions as new player:

- PATCH NOTES: Should contain pictures before and after.

- HIDDEN PLAYED CARDS: For example Eithne plays a special weather card, I can't see what it does in the list of played cards.

- QUICK ACCESS TO DECK BUILDER: It's a struggle to go from ranked play to deck builder just to change a single card.

- LOCKED PORTRAITS: Some are locked but in contrary to borders and titles there is no explanation why.

- MULLIGAN CARDS: The cards just disappear and I don't see my last card but meanwhile my opponent is still making choices.

Manikator;n8923100 said:
I do also have some suggestions as new player:

- PATCH NOTES: Should contain pictures before and after.
There is already full list with information on changes. Most of them were power balance so picture is hardly needed.

Manikator;n8923100 said:
- HIDDEN PLAYED CARDS: For example Eithne plays a special weather card, I can't see what it does in the list of played cards.
You can open opponent graveyard to see the effect of spell cards.

Manikator;n8923100 said:
- QUICK ACCESS TO DECK BUILDER: It's a struggle to go from ranked play to deck builder just to change a single card.
On this I actually agree. There could be shortcut to edit deck from where you choose deck to battle.

Manikator;n8923100 said:
- LOCKED PORTRAITS: Some are locked but in contrary to borders and titles there is no explanation why.
Go to "Rewards". All the titles, avatars and borders are shown there.

Manikator;n8923100 said:
- MULLIGAN CARDS: The cards just disappear and I don't see my last card but meanwhile my opponent is still making choices.
You will see the card you get after opponent has made his choise. While it would be nice to instantly see it, it hardly has any effect on gameplay.

As you said, new player. All these things could be "fixed" with advanced tutorial.

I'm new here but I have a first suggestion to enrich stats a bit. Mainly, on a game loading page which displays you and your opponent, you could add "form information". Form information would the last five results of yours and your opponnent. For example if your opponent won three games in a row and then lost two in the last five games, his/her "form" information would be "WWWLL" where W stands for a win and L stands for a loss. Think about this. Is there anyone else who'd like to see such a stat? Best, Kris

Orpheal;n8852110 said:
There has to be some money income, so that they servers can stay live.

Preferably they would have loads of income to also pay for salaries, rent and development of new games etc. I don't think this game will be around for long if it would barely cover the server cost. I think Gwent as it is is mostly good already with the biggest problem right now IMO being weather. I like to think that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so there's no need to start tinkering with card types or stuff like that. Atleast not now. RNG mechanic is fine, especially now that they boosted milling values. It's not super arduous to get nice cards and build good decks as f2p. Besides, building a vast card collection should take some time. It would be ridiculous if everyone had a full collection in like 2 weeks. They will definitely add more factions later on with Tussant being an obvious one atleast. Kaer Morhen though? I don't think so. What would a Kaer Morhen deck look like? Before Vesemir died Kaer Morhen was inhabited by four witchers and their horses. Plus the occasional guest. All of them are already represented in the game. Kaer Morhen doesn't have an army so I haven't a clue how they would be made into a working faction with multiple play styles.

Last edited:
MrRagdoll;n8923500 said:
You will see the card you get after opponent has made his choise. While it would be nice to instantly see it, it hardly has any effect on gameplay.

Actually in cases where cards are revealed through NG effects, beeing able to see what your opponent is chosing to redraw can be massive.

Had a match where my opponent had a revealed Dim Shackle and between 2nd and 3rd round i drew my Villentrettenmerth. I waited and saw my opponent choose to redraw his Dim Shackles, which led to me keeping Villentrettenmerth and winning of his effect. Had my opponent kept Dim Schackles I would have never even considerede keeping Villen.

Last edited:
90% of what you're suggesting would not help the game at all.

Cards that can damage your own units are actually better than those that only damage enemies imo. you can get rid of rot tossers, fireball traps etc, and play around effects that target highest/lowest units. The only card where I think it should only target enemies is coral.

However, you really put some effort and time into this post.
I'm afraid that doesn't make it less wrong, especially the part about RNG and money

Orpheal;n8850190 said:
Counterproductive "stupid" Card Effects
There are alot of Cards, that have negative effects, that are in all situations counterproductive, even towards yourself, when all played out cards with their mechanics should always be working only against your enemy, not against yourself by forcing you to attack your own cards, or to take over cards from the enemy hand over to you field, which will result in destroying your onw hand!
that are moments, where you just say to yourself - WTF! Who the hell is resposinble for this stupid effect, that backfires agaisnt you, if you just use the card in such a situation??
Cards that have the potential to backfire against their own players completely need to be redesigned. There may not exist any cards, that turn out to be more harmful against yourself, than against your enemy, only because you played it out or were forced to play it out at a bad situation.
Oh wow, I strongly disagree with that one.
Cards that have a counterproductive effect are the most interesting to play and usually among the most powerful.

Making a card counterproductive is the core of a card game (or deck building I should say) and forces peoples to either use them carefully in order to get full value out of it or find a trick to turn the counterpart into a strenght.
The best example that comes into my mind in Gwent is Skellige. Take Ermion for example. Draw 2 discard 2...Doesn't sound very productive if you don't build your deck around but in reanimator or discard decks, he becomes a powerhouse.

Same thing with Myrtabrake, sure you have to target your own units if there is not enough target but if your deck revolve around the self wounding mechanic the problem is solved and the card becomes only upsides.

That being said, I do agree that the game is not always clear when it stands to explaning the different effects of cards and mechanics.
For example, there is a mechanic that allows you to move some units from a row to another, but it's quiet unclear if you can target an enemy unit with them or not, leading to some "oops" situation where you're trying to move an enemy unit for whatever reason but it just doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
MMR system requires to be redone. Its absurd in a game where 99% ot ppl will netdeck to punish this much for a loss from an opponent with a lower mmr.
Further more or a "middle mmr" (1,5-3k) you are not balancing the opponents we are playing against in a manner that if you play 1 game uphill in mmr you will play only one downhill. At the moment in most cases even in this "middle mmr" the opponents we are facing are with lower mmr and so if we lose a game we are losing mmr equal to 3 wins against same those lower mmr opponents.

GWENT is not a game of pure skill. Its not a starcraft to say if you have even 1 mmr more than someone else you are actually better than him.
NO Gwent ladder atm if we exclude like 1% Of the player base is just full of net deckers and those who invested more time are with more mmr. And so they get punished.
SO in my point of view its really bad to keep such mmr system where 1point of mmr is the difference between loosing/winning 50 or 20 or 70 mmr.
If you insist on using such mmr system you should create some type of mmr tiers where you are calling ppl equals in the range of even few hundred mmr and they can loose more than 50 if the loose but can win more than 50 if they win (since I believe current system also doenst give to the winner what it takes from the looser)
Saying that a player of 2500MMR should be better than one on 2000MMR is also not entirely true but its muuuuuch more reasonable than 1 point diference system that is used atm and in 5 games you can loose 300MMR but cannot return it with the same amount of game 1 cuz of mmr system and 2 cuz you wont get equal amount of opponents with higher mmr compared to those with lower mmr that just beat you 5 in a row.

In no game ever, should golden or premium cards have better stats. That's a P2W tactic if I've ever seen one and that's just horrible The game is already fairly P2W as is. The leveling rewards and daily rewards are somewhat lacking, and the major Ranked play rewards are massively gated by your collection. If you don't have all the cards for a "net" deck you're not making it past rank 10 without insane luck and lots of grinding.

The_Odinson;n8933090 said:
In no game ever, should golden or premium cards have better stats. That's a P2W tactic if I've ever seen one and that's just horrible The game is already fairly P2W as is. The leveling rewards and daily rewards are somewhat lacking, and the major Ranked play rewards are massively gated by your collection. If you don't have all the cards for a "net" deck you're not making it past rank 10 without insane luck and lots of grinding.

Nonsense, there is no pay to win, if animated cards would get 1 point more. it would be pay to win, if the absolute only way to obtain the animated card versions would be it to buy them with real money.
Then that would be pay to win.
But Gwent allows you to obtain absolutely all cards, also the animated versions for completely free, if you just play long enough and RNGeesus loves you enough, then you will be able to obtain all animated cards also just by playing the game normally wiothout paying a freaking single cent for that

but why was it all so clear, that the very moment someone suggest, that the most valuable card versions should also be minimally more powerful7effective than ther cheap unanimated versions, that everyone already begins directly screaming "pay to win", without even having fully understood, what was actually suggested for real and how the game actually is handling how players obtain the cards right now

Orpheal;n8934760 said:
Nonsense, there is no pay to win, if animated cards would get 1 point more. it would be pay to win, if the absolute only way to obtain the animated card versions would be it to buy them with real money.
Then that would be pay to win.
But Gwent allows you to obtain absolutely all cards, also the animated versions for completely free, if you just play long enough and RNGeesus loves you enough, then you will be able to obtain all animated cards also just by playing the game normally wiothout paying a freaking single cent for that

but why was it all so clear, that the very moment someone suggest, that the most valuable card versions should also be minimally more powerful7effective than ther cheap unanimated versions, that everyone already begins directly screaming "pay to win", without even having fully understood, what was actually suggested for real and how the game actually is handling how players obtain the cards right now

Are you really that stupid? Its a horrible idea. Its never been done in any other card game that I know of, because its stupid. It is pay2win. P2W isn't simply about buying things being the only way. But if you can get what other people that aren't spending money to get more easily it wrecks the game. No one trying to be f2p wants to lose to people that have either been playing longer, and have more upgraded cards, or people that just had whatever it is, 2 grand to throw at a digital game to get ahead. And don't act like people don't do that. People spend thousands of dollars on Facebook games. It doesn't promote anything good for new players at all unless they spend money. Otherwise they are more or less forced to lose. That's literally one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on the internet. I can say as someone that just started as a f2p player, I feel very gated already. I have no good legendaries, I have almost no good silvers. I can build budget decks, but that doesn't help me climb the Ranked play ladder which is where the largest additional rewards are gated behind. Yes, they are nice with their daily rewards, but you can't deny the amount of additional rewards in Ranked play, and you can not, period no matter what, get above a certain rank without serious decks. You will not be able to compete against superior versions of your own deck. Now image if people with Upgraded cards had even better versions of the stuff you were lucky enough to have? Then not only are you missing key Gold and Silver cards, you have weaker cards. And the only way to "catch up" or "improve" is grind for a super long time or spend money. That's already kind of the case. If you aren't spending money even tournament play is completely out of the question, because you can't even put multiple decks together.

Jesus Christ, I hate almost every single one of these ideas.

Could you please give any examples for these "counterproductive stupid cards?" I can't seem to find any. Cards have drawbacks, and some cards are poorly designed in my opinion, but none of them are counterproductive or stupid as far as I can see.

I have no idea what you meant by your comments about game balance. Any card can be worth very little or many, many points. There are no restrictions.

I disagree with adding more card ranks, and your approach towards them being agile. The game is complex enough, why would you want to add another pointless barrier for new players to comprehend? 3 ranks is the perfect amount. Bronze for the regular cards, Silver for the cards that are regular enough, but too powerful to be able to be included in decks more than once, and Gold cards for cards that have highly desired, unique effects.

I agree with adding more factions, and CDPR has already said that they're working on it, though probably not the ones you mentioned. Kovir is part of the Northern Realms. That's like saying Temeria or Redania should be separate factions. (Though I do think they should at least be seperate archetypes or something)
As for Kaer Morhen, there aren't enough characters revolving around it to make it an entire faction. You've just got a few Witchers (Which are already in the game btw: Lambert, Eskel and Vesemir)
I think Ofeir could be a faction, and Touissant is also a plausible idea.

I completely disagree with your card progression idea. I don't want to play a game in which I'm forced to farm and upgrade my cards for them to be playable. At least not in a multiplayer game. It'd be fine in a singleplayer game, but it has no place in a competetive multiplayer game - hence why I don't play games like Clash Royale.

Also, as far as you other ideas go - Achievements, rewards, etc... the game is still in Closed Beta, and CDPR is working on adding new features, but the most pressing matter is improving the UI and possibly adding new cards. I'm 100% convinced that CDPR will be adding these features in the future.

Top Bottom