In game Vehicles!

+
As I've said elsewhere it really depends on the size of the environment.
If you can drive from one end to the other in a couple minutes it's too small for vehicles other then as a purely cosmetic touch and I'd much rather they put the time/effort needed to produce vehicle art and game mechanics into something else.

As I've said elsewhere it really depends on the size of the environment.
If you can drive from one end to the other in a couple minutes it's too small for vehicles other then as a purely cosmetic touch and I'd much rather they put the time/effort needed to produce vehicle art and game mechanics into something else.

Yep.

Also, if it takes 20+ minutes, it is probably too big for its own good and relies too much on (specifically) driving over meaningless cardboard landscapes that serve no real purpose than to justify the driving and racing (like the GTA series) - and once again the richer experience would be found in allocating the mechanics and effort into other things. :p

Then again, if there are skills to govern driving (and flying) like in the PnP -- say, driving skills governing the handling top speeds (the car becoming more and more wobbly the faster you go over the skill determined top speed) and flying skills doing the same with altitude and speed; and if you have no skill, you do not drive or fly... at all, tough luck -- and the driving itself was designed not to be at the center of the gameplay, I wouldn't mind as much since there'd be an interesting mechanic to consider before jumping in the get-away drivers seat.

Last edited:
Then again, if there are skills to govern driving (and flying) like in the PnP -- say, driving skills governing the handling top speeds (the car becoming more and more wobbly the faster you go over the skill determined top speed) and flying skills doing the same with altitude and speed; and if you have no skill, you do not drive or fly... at all, tough luck -- and the driving itself was designed not to be at the center of the gameplay, I wouldn't mind as much since there'd be an interesting mechanic to consider before jumping in the get-away drivers seat.
I think (?) it was somewhere earlier in this thread that I suggested a mechanic for vehicle skills, where the vehicle would corner / maneuver / respond better, the more points you have in the appropriate vehicle skill.

I think (?) it was somewhere earlier in this thread that I suggested a mechanic for vehicle skills, where the vehicle would corner / maneuver / respond better, the more points you have in the appropriate vehicle skill.

We're very much on the same page with this then. It's not the first time I made that above suggestion either.

Top Bottom