Information DESPERATELY needed in the D'jinni wiki

+
Information DESPERATELY needed in the D'jinni wiki

Please! anyone who has information on:* Maps and mapping* sound files, ambient noises* exact file locations required to run the djinni AND have resources available AND still play the game* troubleshooting placeables Add it to the wiki (http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) and feel free to add to the list, i'll be making at least some "wanted" pages in the wiki and entering what meager information I've gleaned on my own, but please, please, please somebody add something ... there still needs to be a lot of information added to make it useful to the less experienced modders (like me!)Update: I've started the Newbie guide (http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Newbie_guide) and a couple of sub pages (links in the newbie guide)

:beer: your work is very helpful. thanks for taking your time to do it for us. clearly CDPR: we need a REAL* manual, with a complete tutorial (from quest, dialogue, minimap, cutscene, custom content(placeable, music..)... everything). edit: * completing the actual manual with STEP by STEP tutorial,and missing chapter (cutscene, custom sound, music, how to manage 2da..) would be welcome.

We will be adding a wealth of information upon release of Deception. This includes everything above and more, as well as our custom content database which will contain every piece of Deception individually for community use. :)The launch of Deception is imminent. :)

I'll make a text with instructions about hoe to use the journal entries with images and such, I had planned to do it for past weekend but I could not....As per your question about files.... ALL the stuff you want in your module has to be added to the module, manually (copying it to the temp folder, saving and restarting djinni) or by the resources explorer (right click, add to module). This way anything you want to use won't interfere with the witcher game files..... there is no need to put al lthe unbiffed stuff in the data folder, just copy whatever you want to use, add to module and then delete from data folder, the more stuff is in that folder the longer djinni takes to load because it always loads the resources....Mappins are waypoints, quest ones can be activated with a function I forgot the name, but you can find among the source code of 'prize of neutrality'.... the other ones are activated when Geralt gets close enough or are always activated (a property in the waypoint)

For anyone having issues with contest, please email me at wphelps@witchermod.com and we can help with any situations you're running into. We've figured out nearly all of it, but cannot put up a tutorial until we're finished Deception as we're hard at work to complete this within next week or two. :)Soon as we're complete and open up time, we're gonna be adding quite a few tutorials, as well as updating old ones. We may start doing video tutorials as well, and setup tutorial modules.

Vaernus said:
For anyone having issues with contest, please email me at wphelps@witchermod.com and we can help with any situations you're running into. We've figured out nearly all of it, but cannot put up a tutorial until we're finished Deception as we're hard at work to complete this within next week or two. :)Soon as we're complete and open up time, we're gonna be adding quite a few tutorials, as well as updating old ones. We may start doing video tutorials as well, and setup tutorial modules.
Tell me just one more thing, please. In the cut-scene editing tool I can place character models and placeables and cameras in the scene, no problem with that. And when I do I get to see their lines on the timeline stave. But what I can't workout how to do is create those blue-green blobs on the stave to which one can attach actions. If I open an already created cut-scene - from Price of Neutrality - I can manipulate the blue-green blobs. I can drag them about, change their parameters, and so on. But I cannot work out how to create new ones.It has to be really simple, but I just can't do it!

Guest 2005166

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
Tell me just one more thing, please. In the cut-scene editing tool I can place character models and placeables and cameras in the scene, no problem with that. And when I do I get to see their lines on the timeline stave. But what I can't workout how to do is create those blue-green blobs on the stave to which one can attach actions. If I open an already created cut-scene - from Price of Neutrality - I can manipulate the blue-green blobs. I can drag them about, change their parameters, and so on. But I cannot work out how to create new ones.It has to be really simple, but I just can't do it!
Blobs? You mean KEYS? Let´s say, you want to attach an animation to a character you added into the scene -> click into the timeline where it says "animation" and where you want it to start. See if it´s highlighted gray and the blue time- marker is there and hit INSERT and a new KEY should appear, activate it (it´s red then) and choose your animation (or what ever) and align it to the KEY and add an appropriate speed (or it won´t run - try to test it when you set it to 1:00)When you´ve done it wrong, you also can easily delete the KEY with activating it and DELETE.Further information: http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Cutscene_creationWorks also for the other actions.Question: you can really add placeables in cutscenes? This feature seems corrupt on my machine, I´d highy appreciate it, if you could say, HOW it works on yours. I may have done a setting wrong or something worse. No problem with WFX, Characters or the other stuff.Many Thanks.

gamewidow said:
Please! anyone who has information on:* Maps and mapping...
If there are still problems with adding a map to module and you want an instant answer, well, actually I don't have one, but you can refer to this page. Uhm... yes, it's a Polish language text, but maybe, by watching screenies, you will be able to get something from it. There is described a "n00bish" way (as some people may say) of adding maps - using function LoadAreaMap(). Unfortunately I really have no time for translating this article. Also, as Red Flame announced, the map tutorial will be added to the Wiki soon. And - analyze the Prize of neutrality mod and Kaer Morhen area, as Arkray wrote.@down:Sure, go ahead. :beer: I will try to support you if I can. It doesn't have to be an exact translation, you can have your version of the map tutorial.

@Entom If i do a first pass translation of this page, would you have the time to verify that what i've translated is correct ?Update: thanks Entom :) ... i'll get started

Unkreativ said:
Blobs? You mean KEYS? Let´s say, you want to attach an animation to a character you added into the scene -> click into the timeline where it says "animation" and where you want it to start. See if it´s highlighted gray and the blue time- marker is there and hit INSERT and a new KEY should appear, activate it (it´s red then) and choose your animation (or what ever) and align it to the KEY and add an appropriate speed (or it won´t run - try to test it when you set it to 1:00)When you´ve done it wrong, you also can easily delete the KEY with activating it and DELETE.Further information: http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Cutscene_creationWorks also for the other actions.
Thanks, yes, it seems I did mean keys. That's been very helpful, and I've made progress...
Question: you can really add placeables in cutscenes? This feature seems corrupt on my machine, I´d highy appreciate it, if you could say, HOW it works on yours. I may have done a setting wrong or something worse. No problem with WFX, Characters or the other stuff.Many Thanks.
No, sorry, looks like you're right, I can't. When I try to add a placeable, it says 'Select new cutscene placeable' (why are they different) and when I try to select one there aren't any. And, I can't find a way to create one. So I was wrong.

Guest 2005166

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
Blobs? You mean KEYS? Let´s say, you want to attach an animation to a character you added into the scene -> click into the timeline where it says "animation" and where you want it to start. See if it´s highlighted gray and the blue time- marker is there and hit INSERT and a new KEY should appear, activate it (it´s red then) and choose your animation (or what ever) and align it to the KEY and add an appropriate speed (or it won´t run - try to test it when you set it to 1:00)When you´ve done it wrong, you also can easily delete the KEY with activating it and DELETE.Further information: http://djinni.wikia.com/wiki/Cutscene_creationWorks also for the other actions.
Thanks, yes, it seems I did mean keys. That's been very helpful, and I've made progress...
Question: you can really add placeables in cutscenes? This feature seems corrupt on my machine, I´d highy appreciate it, if you could say, HOW it works on yours. I may have done a setting wrong or something worse. No problem with WFX, Characters or the other stuff.Many Thanks.
No, sorry, looks like you're right, I can't. When I try to add a placeable, it says 'Select new cutscene placeable' (why are they different) and when I try to select one there aren't any. And, I can't find a way to create one. So I was wrong.
Then it seems to be a general bug, and I asked many of my team members, to be sure, it´s not my fault. Well, thank you anyway, I hope there will be a cure for it.Usually you should be able to use these placeable templates, too. Well, but you can cheat Djinni, when you hide some objects in the normal aera editor (can be somewhere outside the play-aera where you cannot go anyways) - then they should show up in cutscene objects ->cutscene placeables. At least it worked with the swords I created, so I could attach them to Geralt´s back (unfortunately, without scabbard).

Hm, now here comes one of my stupid questions. ;DYou mean, you can set "normal" placeables anywhere the player can't go to, and then use it in the cutscenes somehow?I fumbled a little bit around with this cutscenes thingy, and I can only set character templates, no placeables.How exactly is this managed? ???And there is no Geralt available, and I have to make a normal Geralt template for this somewhere in the area, is this right?And what happens with that "second" Geralt then, when I play? Because the starting point is the first Geralt I have, where goes the second one I use in those cutscenes?Aah, I think I've been totally wrong with all my tries on this thing. ??? So every help I can get with this stuff would be great, the D'jinni Wiki is not really the best teacher for this.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Hm, now here comes one of my stupid questions. ;DYou mean, you can set "normal" placeables anywhere the player can't go to, and then use it in the cutscenes somehow?I fumbled a little bit around with this cutscenes thingy, and I can only set character templates, no placeables.How exactly is this managed? ???And there is no Geralt available, and I have to make a normal Geralt template for this somewhere in the area, is this right?And what happens with that "second" Geralt then, when I play? Because the starting point is the first Geralt I have, where goes the second one I use in those cutscenes?Aah, I think I've been totally wrong with all my tries on this thing. ??? So every help I can get with this stuff would be great, the D'jinni Wiki is not really the best teacher for this.
Raven, I have one cutscene working. Next time we have a Skype session I could tlak you through it. Mine doesn't have Geralt in it (yet), but it will!

Guest 2005166

SimonBrooke said:
SimonBrooke said:
Raven, I have one cutscene working. Next time we have a Skype session I could tlak you through it. Mine doesn't have Geralt in it (yet), but it will!
Good question. I´m also not happy this seems not to work with placeables. But as I said - try it with something you set into the area editor before and make the character in your scene to it´s parent (sounds funny, but click on the placeable you want to attach to him). Then you only must choose the correct hookpoint on the characters body.There´s no Geralt? Aye, yes, the random witcher template to choose is always Lambert. Why ever, it´s a bit confusing. When you search on your computer inside the files you´ve unbiffed, you can find a lot of files which say something like CS_something (characters, animation, sound, special objects - like the horse with the wagon in the prologue). There also should be a CS_geralt, Cs_vesemir etc...But you simply can make your own cutscene template for your project.The Cutscene-editor works more like a moviestudio and the .cut files coming from it must be connected with a trigger/script which is calling the movie in the normal area editor/game, when Geralt trudges into a certain spot.It didn´t affect our Geralt ingame in any way, no panic. No evil twins appeared afterwards, claiming they played the mainrole in a cutscene and now are going to get the oscar for it.

It didn´t affect our Geralt ingame in any way, no panic. No evil twins appeared afterwards, claiming they played the mainrole in a cutscene and now are going to get the oscar for it.
Hehehe... do you swear that? ;DWell, my first thought was: häh? And my second something like: Oh my god. The easiest thing here is sure to script that cutscene for running, but I'm not sure, if I ever will have one that I can script into my mod. :whistle:I give it another try then. Thanks so far.

Guest 2005166

HexenmeisterRaven said:
It didn´t affect our Geralt ingame in any way, no panic. No evil twins appeared afterwards, claiming they played the mainrole in a cutscene and now are going to get the oscar for it.
Hehehe... do you swear that? ;DWell, my first thought was: häh? And my second something like: Oh my god. The easiest thing here is sure to script that cutscene for running, but I'm not sure, if I ever will have one that I can script into my mod. :whistle:I give it another try then. Thanks so far.
Well, I´m working on a little tutorial for the basics, which explains some nice settings and contains how to set up cameras and characters. Nothing big. At moment I try to enhance it a bit. (I got no idea about scripting, that´s something my team members can take care of, really. I usually tend to break it all when I get it in my fingers XD) All the timelines and these different kind of settings you can use in this one are quite confusing when opening the editor the first time - absolutely true.Veni, Vidi and back to Desktop, soothing the mind with a good round of solitair until boldness comes back and one feels intrepid enough to give it another try.It´s not that bad, honestly.

Top Bottom