Introducing a Limited Floppy Edition of Cyberpunk 2077!

+
Hey, support. I purchased your previous year 5.25 floppy edition at previous 1 April, but one container with disk disappear by delivery. It is possible to replace only missed container with new one?
Post automatically merged:

My first games has be manual typed in calculator from paper source. Do you plan recover this practice of patch distributing? If yes, on what paper journal I should subscribe to have full set of patches?

Last edited:
Can i just get 1 diskette for novelty and display sake as well as bragging rights? HEY IDEA! give 1 numberwd diskette to 97,000 fans!! All numbered! If they all get together one day, we can all CHIP IN our diskette!!!

Last edited:
Awesome. 33 years ago I played Alone in a Dark on Floppy Disk at my neighbor's house and it was a revolution for me.
After 3 decades, CDPR with its incredible team, people full of talent and eager to do incredible work, have made possible one of the best games that has been created so far.

What technological innovations will there be in another 30 years?

Wonderful post.

I actually have a USB floppy disk drive, and I think it still works, so I don't need a motherboard to accept those weird cables, the reason I don't know for sure it works is because every floppy disk I tried to read there it wasn't able to, but I think it's the disks that went bad after all these years and not the drive.
Though if it works now it doesn't mean it's built to handle reading so many disks, I need to check the specs, but the company that made it got out of that business and related business many years ago, so no way I'll find the specs, so maybe I'll just try and hope for the best.

How much would it cost to ship so many floppy disks to another country? And if I want a cheaper alternative to sending it, could you send it with the required number of mail pigeons?

Last edited:
For those of us who still remember what command line is and the essentials of having a floppy as additional means of boot...
Format C:/

Alright, with standard 3.5" floppy discs having the dimensions of 94 mm x 90 mm x 3.3 mm that's 27,918 cubic mm per disc. At 97,619 discs required, that is 2,725,327,242 mm³ which is about 2.73 cubic meters, or 96.24 cubic feet.

And this cube of 3.5" discs would weigh roughly 1660 kilograms or about 3660 lbs - based on an average weight of a single disc being 17 grams.

Unironically though, a floppy that functions as a download code disk or a faithful fake which contains an SD card slotted in, with the game or something would be a really cool collector's edition. A floppy with the internal density of an SD would be even cooler, but probably not practical and I don't know how well readers would handle it.

Similarly, custom SD/MicroSD cards with the long bodies of the in-universe data-shards, coming in one of those cases we find everywhere in game, would be pretty preem merch.

Can i just get 1 diskette for novelty and display sake as well as bragging rights? HEY IDEA! give 1 numberwd diskette to 97,000 fans!! All numbered! If they all get together one day, we can all CHIP IN our diskette!!!
Okay, if they actually put Cyberpunk 2077 onto them and made them a 97000 minted collectable which could theoretically all work together to install the full game, that would be really fun

View attachment 11387464

Are you a fan of sleeper gaming PCs?

Do you yearn for the retrofuturistic experience of the original Cyberpunk?

Do you miss the good ol’ days when game installation was a ritual of its own?

Whichever of the above describes you best, then you’ll love the Floppy Edition of Cyberpunk 2077!

Nowadays, in the era of digital distribution, most PCs come with no drives. However, we also heard many voices from people within our community who love the vintage experience of manual installation. We get it! After all, CD PROJEKT started by distributing games on CDs.

That’s why we’ve decided to explore something you’ve been asking us for since even before the original release — Cyberpunk 2077 on floppy diskettes!

Embrace the ritual of classic game installation using 97,619 3.5” diskettes. Make sure to invite friends over and schedule shifts, as our initial estimations indicate that it might take about 2 months of non-stop diskette-swapping to finish.

Sounds awesome, right? It sure does! Follow the link below to wishlist the Floppy Edition! Be prepared for a truck delivery though!

https://cp2077.ly/FloppyEdition

See you in Night City!
Finally I have something else to play besides Oregon Trail

You joke, but I would totally get this as a collectible! I'm still disappointed North America didn't get a physical release of the Ultimate Edition on PC...
Me too

Joke's on you. There were some fools who were going to buy that, me included. You just missed a huge opportunity! 😂🥲
I pressed buy now. I was going to buy it also

No, I ask to keep the floppy disks just for me, the disk will just fit my consciousness and Hanako Arasaka can put me in the closet on a shelf! ))

I'll add them to my 8-track tape and 8-inch floppy disk collection!
Floppy_disk_2009_G1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom