Is it true that in-game purchases will be purely cosmetic? o_O

+
Is it true that in-game purchases will be purely cosmetic? o_O

If so, I am amazed and fully support this but I'd also be very surprised if that were the case. Making booster packs available for money is not too bad as long as you can obtain new cards relatively easily (Hearthstone is an obvious example of this, I think its payment model is acceptable).

Anyhow, could any of the devs clarify? If new cards can only be obtained by playing the game you have my utmost respect.

I am guessing it is also possible that this is still a matter of consideration?

Last edited:
I believe single player and multiplayer are seperate. Single player allows you to explore the RPG story and use cards and figure out how you want to play, gaining cards as you do the story.

Multiplayer you gain currency from wins and I'm sure they'll give currency for completing certain aspect of single player too and in other ways
You can spend real money on cards packs or in-game currency.

The monetization model will be quite simple:
- you can buy card packs (with 5 cards and one guaranteed rare or better with a choice of 3 cards of the same high rarity). You can of course buy packs for GOLD that you earn by playing the game
- single player campaigns (after the beta)

So after the testing period we might add more elements like vanity but for now that would be it.

So similar to hearthstone, that's okay with me : )

I think this business model is just fine and fair. As long as you can get card packs by playing the game and not just spending money, I don't see an issue.

OMG GUYS CAN WE GET THE BETA NOW?! : (

September seems like an eternity.

And if I'm not selected to participate, I think my heart will literally break in two.

The monetization model will be quite simple:
- you can buy card packs (with 5 cards and one guaranteed rare or better with a choice of 3 cards of the same high rarity). You can of course buy packs for GOLD that you earn by playing the game
- single player campaigns (after the beta)

So after the testing period we might add more elements like vanity but for now that would be it.

Sounds fine, thanks for the clarification! ;)

I want to clarify. Will all rare or better cards have choice of 3 cards of the same high rarity or only one of them?

I want to clarify. Will all rare or better cards have choice of 3 cards of the same high rarity or only one of them?

You get 4 cards with no choice and 1 card that you will be able to choose from 3 presented choices (so a total of 5 cards at the end)

Last edited:
You get 4 cards with no choice and 1 card that you will be able to choose from 3 presented choices (so a total of 5 cards at the end)

Willing to share how many cards there will be in beta? And how many you aim to have for the game's release?

So similar to hearthstone, that's okay with me : )

I think this business model is just fine and fair. As long as you can get card packs by playing the game and not just spending money, I don't see an issue.

The issue in hearthstone is, that (especially if you start late) you have to play a horrendous amount of time to get all cards.
And new cards are faster released then you can get the old ones (Except you have infinite time and are really good in arena).

Also Legendary cards (which are only in every 20 th booster) are realy hard to get, especially since you only get gold for about 0.5-1.5 booster per day in average (depending on doing only the quest or also the wins whcih most people dont) and they cost 50$ to buy! (Which is totally exagerated price...)

I wouldn't call this a fair model at all. Even if you could get anything by playing the money/amount of time needed is horrendous.

The issue in hearthstone is, that (especially if you start late) you have to play a horrendous amount of time to get all cards.
And new cards are faster released then you can get the old ones (Except you have infinite time and are really good in arena).

Also Legendary cards (which are only in every 20 th booster) are realy hard to get, especially since you only get gold for about 0.5-1.5 booster per day in average (depending on doing only the quest or also the wins whcih most people dont) and they cost 50$ to buy! (Which is totally exagerated price...)

I wouldn't call this a fair model at all. Even if you could get anything by playing the money/amount of time needed is horrendous.

CD Projekt Red have gone on record as saying they want the system to be fair, so I dount it will take as long to get cards. Even if it does you can break any you don't like down to make new ones.

CD Projekt Red have gone on record as saying they want the system to be fair, so I dount it will take as long to get cards. Even if it does you can break any you don't like down to make new ones.

I trust in CD Project Red, I just say that the model of Hearthstone is not that fair.

Even if you can break stuff down, this makes it not that much fairer since you lose 2/3 of the value of your cards doing so (unless you disenchant spare cards) and when there is a meta change/rotation you might want totally new cards.

Top Bottom