Is the low graphical sharpness intentional in Blood and Wine or is it a bug to be addressed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the low graphical sharpness intentional in Blood and Wine or is it a bug to be addressed?

I just started the new expansion and one thing i notice in the graphics is that they look somewhat blurry similar to when sharpness is set to low. That doesn't change no matter how i adjust the sharpness option in the menu. In fact that option seems to do nothing in B&W.
Do we know if this is intentional stylistic choice in which case i will have to get used to it or there is confirmation by CD Project that it is a bug. I am surprised it wasn't solved with 1.22 patch.

From what I gather, sharpness doesn't work since 1.21, at least that's what I've heard

I noticed the same thing. It took a while to adjust to it, and doesn't look too bad.
I think this is intentional, though not sure why. Even the trailers had the same kind of setting.
The rest of the regions in the game have sharper graphics. It would have been nice to give an option to adjust the sharpness.

CHC

Forum regular
Wow REALLY weird, I just checked it out and lo and behold, sharpening does absolutely nothing in Toussaint. No difference whatsoever between all 3.

Fast travel back to Velen - and it works fine. Bizarre.

If your playing on PC, you should try injecting smaa with Reshade, sweetFX or whatever. Removes alot of the blurring as well as shimmer and then you don't need sharpening.

My sincerest apologies to the console peoples.

It's the one thing I'm seriously missing from the 1.22 patch. Maybe it makes sense from an art perspective, but the shift between other regions and here is then too big. Other posters said it was confirmed as a bug, but in that case I wonder why it didn't make 1.22?

The Toussaint area uses a few new graphical embellishments that are not part of the core game or HoS. I'm just guessing, but some of the shaders may conflict with sharpening. Whether a design choice or a bug...only time will tell...

There will be no fix, because it works as intended in B&W, confirmed numerous times by CDPR themselves.

Previous confirmation from @Benzenzimmern :
Hey, this will not get "fixed", since it was a conscious decision by the art team to have much less sharpening in Toussaint. If you happen to play on PC, a ReShade might work to change it for you.

There is a new mod for this that seems to do the trick. It should allow you to customize each region to your liking. Don't think it's compatible with other graphics mods, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom