Jump Attack?

+
Jump Attack?

Does anyone else think it would be fun, if Geralt had just 2 quick mid-air jump attack moves to add to our combat options?
If they wanted, they could just add them to the fast/strong skill trees too. Idk.. I just think combat is missing something, like Geralts kick ass jump attack moves and animations.. What you guys think? e.g Dragon's Dogma did it well, I know that game was a little over the top, but I bet reds could pull something off, that works well for TW3. I still dream of monster climbing though.. if not in TW3, then maybe they can and all these new moves into a new witcher game, who knows.
But at least add some cool jump attack moves, please. :)

---------- Updated at 05:07 AM ----------

Must be a console thing :)

Last edited:
This attack was present in Witcher 2 but is conspicuously absent from W3.
I wish they would bring it back, but let us gamers have full control of it this time.
I just want to sprint, push jump, and then attack on some monsters or bandits on my way down. ;)

---------- Updated at 05:11 PM ----------

i would have loved to get some "mid-sprint attack" ... so that while in combat you can run and sprint around enemies, reposition yourself more (not just slow-walking) and then sprint to an enemy and do a forward "jump" plus attack... something like in the "Troy movie"
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TWFSiyYDICQ/VBgLpkQJ2TI/AAAAAAAADW0/gtfr7Xn22JM/s1600/Troy+3.png
Yeah.. that would be the fast attack animation, and the strong animation would be..Geralt holding his sword with both hands, like he did in the random animations in TW2.
But this time it wont be us waiting for those random animations, if they would just let us use those moves whenever we wanted, that would be rad and Way better than the horse combat in the game, that I almost never use anyways. :)

And triple light/heavy attack combo. Or roll attack followed immediately with special strike like in Dark Souls. Stun while striking with sword hilt. More advanced parry animation with a follow up of string of quick strikes. Or unique and more advanced backstab animation. Quick 360 degrees whirlwind slash. Back dodge while simultaneously striking your opponent with upward slash.

They could also improve sign interaction...
Triggering quen detonation could cause burning enemies near death to explode ( good ol' fashioned corpse explosion...overpowered, but hell is it fun). Casting Igni on Yrden would create a circle of fire, burning everything within for a brief time. Aard detonation would dispel Yrden, but also apply short duration slow effect on everything in huge radius. We could unlock a master version of Axii that "freezes" Geralt as he channels it, but player would be in complete control of the puppet for the duration. Imagine flipping about as Nekker! Reverse Aard would pull "light" enemies toward you.
It's a damn shame that CDPR game play designers seem to have so little imagination.

Last edited:
It's a damn shame that CDPR game play designers seem to have so little imagination.
i agree with your post, but i wouldnt be so hard on the last part ...

sure, if you compare quest-, world- and story-design to the combat system it feels really "lacking", but its still working and with the new HoS enemies, you need to be a bit more creative than to just button-mash mostly so thats something :)

but yeah, would LOVE to see some of the things mentioned in this post implemented with the 2nd expansion

True, but I wasn't trying to make another "This sucks!" post. It simply feels like the developers really understood the mistakes of Assassins of Kings and how to create great combat system this time around...I love the rhythm of dodging,rolling, parry and most attack animations and some of AI varieties (especially wolves and Arachni) . But instead of pushing it to the limit by adding a really nice variety of skills and balancing, refining core mechanics( targetting, stamina, abilities etc) and adding more "layers" to it, they decided to call it quits and simply settled for mediocrity.
Basically it feels like it's half done and nowhere near it's full potential.

Top Bottom