Just realized a major change that was not mentioned in patch notes for 2.0

+
The bonus elemental dmg that all weapons had before 2.0, without that bonus all weapons lost 50% potential dmg, on top of that all weapons had already lost 50% base dmg ><. NPCs haven't lost that much, maybe 25-50% themselves. Another loss with weapons is headshot multiplier going down 15-35% while snipers gained 15%. Shotguns have not lost much in dmg, but have lost a lot in range, losing 50% effective range forcing you to be in melee range, SMG range isn't much further.

More to this is the change to mods where there were ones that added to flat dmg, crit dmg, crit chance, those are all gone.

So players use to how effective weapons were before 2.0 coming into the just nerfing of 2.0 makes using anything feel like using a wet noodle.

But melee and more so cyberarms have had a boost in effectiveness and mantis blades more than anything got boosts. Do the devs intend for EVERYONE to swap to using just mantis blades ???

The game has been completely broken. I played as a netrunner - the netrunner skills DLC were made weird. I managed to get to the point of fighting the chimera - I die while waiting for the elevator, no matter what I do - I tried about 30 times. I switched from the highest difficulty to the easiest mode - it didn't help. Contrary to popular belief, I liked the original game. The bugs were more fun than game-breaking. I treated it a bit like DeusEx - where you could complete the game without killing anyone. Now it has turned into a primitive slasher shooter.

Update - I tried again the next day and passed the critical point without problems - on the first try. It must have been some kind of bug. The strange thing is that I reset the computer and after the reset it was the same - next day - no problems. Maybe some small game fix or something else. Anyway, it was very frustrating.

Last edited:
If they don't turn this autosave bullshit off SOON and I mean SOON because it's a simple ass fix then I'm demanding a refund and keeping Phantom Liberty.

The game has been completely broken. I played as a netrunner - the netrunner skills DLC were made weird. I managed to get to the point of fighting the chimera - I die while waiting for the elevator, no matter what I do - I tried about 30 times. I switched from the highest difficulty to the easiest mode - it didn't help. Contrary to popular belief, I liked the original game. The bugs were more fun than game-breaking. I treated it a bit like DeusEx - where you could complete the game without killing anyone. Now it has turned into a primitive slasher shooter.
Sounds like a skill issue. I haven't started PL yet so don't know about the Chimera, but I'm playing the base game as a stealth netrunner without an issue, and see many people doing so. I've seen some players be completely OP thanks to netrunner skills. Like, kill a camp of 10 enemies in about 5 seconds in incredible fashion, OP.
Post automatically merged:

If they don't turn this autosave bullshit off SOON and I mean SOON because it's a simple ass fix then I'm demanding a refund and keeping Phantom Liberty.
Autosave? You mean, the feature that is pretty much in every game since like 15 years, and has been in Cyberpunk since launch?

If you're on PC you can disable autosaving by doing the following;
  • Go to ...\Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\base...
  • Copy-paste any config file present in this folder and rename it to user
  • Open the file via Notepad, delete everything inside and instead copy-paste this in;
    • [SaveConfig]
    • AutoSaveEnabled = false
  • Save the file and that's it.
The most probable reason why they won't offer this as an official option though is because the endgame saves which are created and undeletable by the player are directly tied to the auto-save system, so by disabling autosaves the endgame saves cannot be created. These are used to record player's actions in endgame missions and provide certain post-story rewards.

So instead they've hidden this option. It's still there, just hidden for the player;

This hidden menu can also be enabled by;
  • Going to ...\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings...
  • Opening the options.json file via Notepad
  • CTRL + F and searching for AutosaveInterval
  • And then changing "is_visible": false, to "is_visible": true,
  • Save the file and this menu option will show up.
Personally I disable it completely as;
  • I don't care about post-story rewards
  • Like my save menu organized
  • And hate the autosave causing a stutter every 5 min

Last edited:
I'm still playing as a netrunner.
Before Update 2.0 I've been a literal god, I was OP as hell. The hardest difficulty was easier than easy as a netrunner and it got boring.
Now the hardest difficulty is way more challenging but I still do a lot of damage, you just have to invest more time and thinking in your build now.
I really like the changes, the only thing I'm missing is the breach protocol.

The new netrunning will be heavily relies on comboing to not get undetected and i love it actually! Just wish they show how it works for stealth play

Chimera is vile. But I almost forgot about it. I'm still under the impression of how random lowlives who hang around the drive-in cinema kicked my maxed-out butt instead of falling down where they stood in a matter of seconds. In one update the maxed-out V who could kick Adam Smasher once and see him explode was reduced to a punching bag for a pack of lowlives. That stings.

You guessed it - it's the stupid fu**ing level scaling.

Last edited:
Chimera is vile. But I almost forgot about it. I'm still under the impression of how random lowlives who hang around the drive-in cinema kicked my maxed-out butt instead of falling down where they stood in a matter of seconds. In one update the maxed-out V who could kick Adam Smasher once and see him explode was reduced to a punching bag for a pack of lowlives. That stings.

You guessed it - it's the stupid fu**ing level scaling.
By maxed out you mean max Tier 5 cyberware and max skill trees and maxed weapons, etc.?

I haven't gotten to Chimera yet so I'm just curious

By maxed out you mean max Tier 5 cyberware and max skill trees and maxed weapons, etc.?

I haven't gotten to Chimera yet so I'm just curious
Nah, that doesn't matter really, due to stupid fu**ing level scaling.

The main takeaway is that gangs are now scaled up waaaaaaaaay too much, so things like this don't fly anymore by fu**ing far.

About Chimera, imo, it is just made to be atypically annoying compared to the rest of pre-Phantom Liberty bosses. Who played Control has certainly dealt with bosses who are more annoying than Chimera. Just persist and stay out of harm's way and you will make it through. If in doubt what to do, look at what the president does.

Nah, that doesn't matter really, due to stupid fu**ing level scaling.

The main takeaway is that gangs are now scaled up waaaaaaaaay too much, so things like this don't fly anymore by fu**ing far.

About Chimera, imo, it is just made to be atypically annoying compared to the rest of pre-Phantom Liberty bosses. Who played Control has certainly dealt with bosses who are more annoying than Chimera. Just persist and stay out of harm's way and you will make it through. If in doubt what to do, look at what the president does.
The level-scaling in the new update isn't absolute. Basically, it works with tiers, which means that a low-level gangoon will never scale all the way up to level 50, for example. So there is a limit to how much they scale up.

Top Bottom