2.0 Made Most Guns Unusable For Me

+
Hi there, I always liked the ability to do a full stealthy non-lethal play-through in cyberpunk via the use of the PAX mod, however 2.0 appears to have mostly destroyed this play style.

Iconic weapons cannot be modded any more, so they all go in the bin. Revolvers apparently lost their silencers. They go in the bin.

That leaves me with regular weapons. Well, mods cannot be removed NOR REPLACED any more (Why? What were you thinking?). Regular weapons cannot be upgraded any more. So I basically have to keep replacing my regular weapons constantly and farm PAX mods constantly. Did they at least increase the drop rate of PAX mods? I doubt it.

Going full netrunner would be an option, but they seem to have nerfed that too. Everything feels weaker and they removed Breach Protocol, significantly increasing RAM costs as a result. Overclocking is a bad solution to a problem they created by removing breach protocol.

What options do I have left for a non-lethal stealth play-through? Attempt to play the whole game with a police baton? Maybe the game's fun if you wanna go blowin'n'slashing enemies to bits, but that's the only viable playstyle left. Options and choices have been destroyed.

Last edited:
I personally have the biggest issue with not being able to mod iconic melees. I've been mostly using the Satori katana, as it's insanely good for Very hard difficulty, and it can't be modded anymore. I'd love to use the chimera mod on it or any mod for that matter, but no iconic melee that I've found has mod slots.

If you're willing to mod your game, this mod lets you remove weapon mods and replace them or re-use them. (works with 2.0)

I avoid iconic weapons for the most part because legendary/Tier 5 can actually end up being better. Iconic to be good requires you to be skill built for them and playstyle must match their functionality.

No iconic weapons matches stealth ranged combat. 1 sniper, but its of VERY limited functionality.

It seems that there are certain iconic weapons that can be modified. In the shooting range quest from Wilson I received an iconic Lexington pistol called "Lexington X-MOD2" instead of the usualy legendary pistol reward. It has a permanent scope attached, 1 muzzle slot, and 2 mod slots at level 4+. I think that there's a few of these X-MOD2 variants scattered around the game that are meant to be modifiable and upgradable variants of normal weapons.

Some of the pistols can, I use jackie's iconic, chingo dorado with a silencer using a cool based build. Hipfire doesn't use stamina so I have 1--% deadye uptime.

Hi there, I always liked the ability to do a full stealthy non-lethal play-through in cyberpunk via the use of the PAX mod, however 2.0 appears to have mostly destroyed this play style.

Iconic weapons cannot be modded any more, so they all go in the bin. Revolvers apparently lost their silencers. They go in the bin.

That leaves me with regular weapons. Well, mods cannot be removed NOR REPLACED any more (Why? What were you thinking?). Regular weapons cannot be upgraded any more. So I basically have to keep replacing my regular weapons constantly and farm PAX mods constantly. Did they at least increase the drop rate of PAX mods? I doubt it.

Going full netrunner would be an option, but they seem to have nerfed that too. Everything feels weaker, slower and quick hacks don't seem to spread without the top perk any more.

What options do I have left for a non-lethal stealth play-through? Attempt to play the whole game with a police baton? Maybe the game's fun if you wanna go blowin'n'slashing enemies to bits, but that's the only viable playstyle left. Options and choices have been destroyed.
Yeah I can see this being an issue but it's one I'm willing to work with or forgive look around. I mean overwatch sniper is silent and quickhacks can kill with sonic shock level 3 the enemy under its effect will not give you away location wise and I been using knives but I'm not great with stealth anyways.

Project red please allow the chimera mod to be dismantled and turned into something else. No legendary tech weapons can be modded and I would like to be able to actually use this equipment

Well, mods cannot be removed NOR REPLACED any more

I agree that mods being perma-placed in an item is annoying and makes no kind of sense. Apparently V has the know how to disassemble a weapon as well as build a weapon by default w/o needing to meet any kind of requirement. One would think a person with this skill and technical know how could figure out how to rip out a mod and put a new one in. Allowing it with a perk point spend would not be unreasonable.

Some of the pistols can, I use jackie's iconic, chingo dorado with a silencer using a cool based build. Hipfire doesn't use stamina so I have 1--% deadye uptime.
The new pistol you get as "Vs gun" instead of the pre 2.x one can definitely be fitted with a silencer, I just saw it in a let's play (I'm not there yet in my 2.x playthrough, just rescued Sandra the first time.

With Revolvers they should of never had silencers in the first place. Silencers do not work well with revolvers due to the the cylinder and the frame having gaps where sound can travel out of .

With Revolvers they should of never had silencers in the first place. Silencers do not work well with revolvers due to the the cylinder and the frame having gaps where sound can travel out of .
Silenced revolvers have been done irl. What year is it in this game again?

If we're talking modern day realism then silencers are not silent anyway and you'd be alerting everyone around you no matter what you used.

Well, there is always "her majesty" with the built in silencer. Not optimal, I know. But at least its a handgun with a silencer.

Or hope someone creates a mod like the one that adds mod slots (and blackwall hack) to all iconic blunts weapons and katanas.

Strange, i got an iconic Lexington (the one you win at the shooting range) with 3 mod slots, Dying Nights got 2 (silencer and sight), Lizzy's got 1, Fenrir got 2...maybe you just need to upgrade their tier in order to get mod slots open up

Also, the decision to make it so that we can only upgrade iconic weapons now baffles me. I miss being able to upgrade my uncommons, rares, and epics. I love the designs and colors of some of the non-iconic weaponry but now, they become useless fairly quickly.

I'm with you 100% on this. And while I like the 2.0 update a lot, it certainly limited (if not destroyed) all of the non-lethal gameplay style. Now it's all for the guns blazing-slashing-exploding everything gameplay. Sometimes it just feels that they did this just because of the type of gameplay videos on youtube.

Between that and the non-upgradable normal weapons, inability to remove/replace weapon mods, no mods on iconic weapons.
Now I'm just using mods and console commands to "correct" some of these questionable design choices. It can be considered cheating but at least it suits one of the playstyle I like most.

I personally like game being bit more difficult. The fact that you cannot one-shot all enemies while in stealth is a good thing in my opinion because you need to think a little bit how to approch each encounter. For example took out regular enemies with silenced weapons and deal with the strong enemies last or by other means like takedowns, etc.

Also my tech sniper build in 1.6 allowed me to penetrate all walls and it was for example possible to deal with enemies inside the building with no need to enter the building at all. It was kind of satisfying but at the same no challenge whatsoever.

In my opinion it's more fun to give enemies more opportunities to fight back. You can still become super OP cyberpsycho. You just need to use more tools to archive similar results.

However I cannot understand why regular weapons cannot be upgraded or why mods cannot be removed. From my experience it's only unnecessary limitation. No fun involved. I'm desperetly trying to find Nekomata tier 5++ with 2 empty mod slots. Not only I had to wait for end game level for tier 5++ to spawn but also running out of luck with mod slots always containing some shitty mod in it. Not to mention there are also more skin variants. I really don't understand who thought this limitation is a good idea.

Last edited:
Silenced revolvers have been done irl. What year is it in this game again?

If we're talking modern day realism then silencers are not silent anyway and you'd be alerting everyone around you no matter what you used.
This is correct. Suppressors aren't used so much for their ability to "silence" a weapon (though they do help with the report), but special operators use them instead to suppress the flash and hot gasses leaving the end of the weapon (which are typically short-barrel rifles, and rifles with shorter barrels typically have bigger fireballs) that can be seen by both the naked eye and by NV. Suppressors are MORE for use in hiding the bright flash that gives away your position when firing in the dark than anything else. Plus operators typically are using NVG's on night missions, so they don't want the fireballs of their own weapons blinding them either. Suppressors don't allow a person to go around shooting people down the hall from their partner without them knowing. Though, in the future, I don't see why this wouldn't be a possibility.

What about the mod that made knifes non-lethal? Havent seen that one since 2.0 hit. Is that still a thing?

Also, the decision to make it so that we can only upgrade iconic weapons now baffles me. I miss being able to upgrade my uncommons, rares, and epics. I love the designs and colors of some of the non-iconic weaponry but now, they become useless fairly quickly.
Personally I love this. Grinding to be able to buy upgrade parts was a really annoying part of the game, while now there's no reason to upgrade legendary clothes at all, and you only need to keep the 1 - 3 iconic weapons you use up to date.
Post automatically merged:

no mods on iconic weapons.

??? The Moron Labe has two mod slots at tier 2 . The Lexington you win at the shooting range has at least one mod slot depending on what tier it is.

Top Bottom