Kindly asking for more communication from CDPR, please

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We understand what you are going through, and you don't have many answers, but in order to stay engaged and positive, we could use a little more communication from you. I'm afraid if people get disengaged that the game will be dismissed and then we will never get more DLC and expansions. Even small teasers or Q and A or little in game perks that don't impact your work would be good. Maybe have staff put on a team to engage with us more. I think many people are losing hope that the story and the world will be expanded, and I feel that's gonna make people put the game away.

Whatever their promises are still worth they said they will do a preview of the 1.2 patch coming this month:
You may be understanding and want more communication, I'm fine with CDPR just getting work done their board promised.
The data breach changes things.
Post automatically merged:

Every time they try to communicate they receive tons of shit, honestly it's better if they just do patches quietly without attracting any more attention.
It sucks people cannot be mature about it

They are in PR lock down for obvious reasons. It is the SOP from game devs when something like this happens. I wouldn't expect any news from them aside from patch news this month.
At least getting the patch would be something. Are they still planning to release it this month?

No, it doesn't. It was supposed to be "ready and done" two months ago. Making excuses does not change that. Acting mature is not a one-way street.
Well yeah it actually does, the CEO literally did an interview today where he said things are going to be delayed. Not sure if you're telling me I'm being immature, that's pretty laughable.

The hack knocked out a lot more capability they had by virtue of having to restore their data. Things are delayed indefinitely, and if the attackers carry out their threat to expose everything, well - all the doomgraters wishing the destruction of CDPR might just get their wish.

No, I'm not, only alluding to the lack of respect of CDPR towards their customers in my opinion. Sorry, if that was not clear.

No it's my bad, I misinterpreted it

The hack knocked out a lot more capability they had by virtue of having to restore their data. Things are delayed indefinitely, and if the attackers carry out their threat to expose everything, well - all the doomgraters wishing the destruction of CDPR might just get their wish.

And this accomplishes what? Do they think Johnny Silverhand is real and they should do what he did just cause corps are evil?

Part of the reason we need communication is because the players deserve transparency on this.

No, it doesn't. It was supposed to be "ready and done" two months ago. Making excuses does not change that. Acting mature is not a one-way street.
the fact it wasn't perfect on release is not related to the data breach. The fact that the data breach may set back current work on patches is what the OP would like communication on.

I'd just assume it will have an effect.

No it's my bad, I misinterpreted it

And this accomplishes what? Do they think Johnny Silverhand is real and they should do what he did just cause corps are evil?

Part of the reason we need communication is because the players deserve transparency on this.

they did it for profit, not for any form of activism. They saw a company with an exploitable system, who might be more easily intimidated due to bad press.

ransom hacks aren't new really

I am just fine with zero communication and them dedicating all their time to fixing things (provided that is what they are doing).

No communication, is good communication (when it comes to bug addled game software).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom