Leaders Where You Think Weather Might Be On The Way?

+
Leaders Where You Think Weather Might Be On The Way?

Just hit level 10 and started ranked play. Don't know much about the meta.

So my question about the meta is when you see a leader at the beginning of a match, who do you think "weather incoming.". Besides Dagon.

I'd like to know this for optimal mulligan reasons. First Light and Ida Emean/Decoy would be keepers for me.

You should always expect at least one weather card. A lot of players are running Mages and some are using hybrid decks. As for the heavy offenders, almost all Skellige decks use weather as well as Monster decks with the exception of The Unseen Elder. Nilfgaard and Northern Realms usually run with very little weather. Finally, Scoia'tael usually only uses it with Eithné.

It´s almost easier to anticipate the matchups where you´re less likely to encounter weather.

I expect to play against 3+ weather effects whenever I´m playing against anything other than Brouver´Hoog, Francesca, Unseen Elder or any of the Nilfgaardians.

Weather cards are very powerful on first round, because usualy is the one with more turns. I think most of decks will have some of those cards.

4RM3D;n8979350 said:
You should always expect at least one weather card. A lot of players are running Mages and some are using hybrid decks. As for the heavy offenders, almost all Skellige decks use weather as well as Monster decks with the exception of The Unseen Elder. Nilfgaard and Northern Realms usually run with very little weather. Finally, Scoia'tael usually only uses it with Eithné.

Worth adding that radovid players (all 3 of them) run aretuza's regularly.

I basically auto include the mage cards (the pick 3 special effects like ida, gremist, water hag etc) and the locking silver cards, and run 2 minimum of your factions bronze remove a weather card (sk's is the armoursmith), from this point on your deck will have plenty of removal and a lock and can be built on from this template, if you can fit a decoy even better. Multi row weather effects are rare, rarer still is multi role weather effects having much impact, the bronze clear cards are the best counter to weather on a single row most of the time with immune boosts being better in some scenarios. Avoid First light, Ragh and Drought are the only cards worth first lighting and even then its dependent on board layout.

Top Bottom