PL Ending might actually be terrible (Spoiler)

+
I don't know how to collect my thoughts but I will tell you something, this ending is legitimately terrible I regret buying the DLC. I mean I love the 2.0 update with combat, no complains about that but the DLC story, I regret spending my time with this Songbird individual, what a manipulative, and charmless bitch. But the way the DLC is trying to frame her as a victim who needs to take no accountability for raising hell is crazy, the audacity on this bitch to guilt-trip V at every turn for 'betraying' her, what a bareface lying bitch.

It isn't even a twist because I know she's a bareface lying bitch from the start after she lets a guy die to find her while she's chilling at Hanse's house.

There is an active narrative in this game about the lack of accountability, because in this ending where I sold her traitor ass out after she sold me out, V is portrayed as a victim for getting his cyberware removed but why? This guy should be grateful he ain't fucking crippled or dead. His only fucking penance from being a murdering merc was not being able to do it again and he's whining about it. The fucking audacity on this motherfucker.

And it's the exact same as he started before he got fitted with chrome! And he wasn't even the back from where he started, he made powerful friends, had a lot of valuable experiences, all in the span OF FOUR YEARS. How tf did they manage to portray him as a victim? He's GAINED A LOT OF THINGS and actually lost literally nothing because the relic was what made him be able to chrome out to begin with and he was never going to live forever with the relic anyway. Is he stupid or what? Did they take brain cells out from his skull during the operation?

Also why didn't V just give a full text to his friend about what's happening, especially the ones he loved, like Panam? It's major operation, why didn't he call them, it's not like he's going to the dentist? It's just so forced because I know for certain that no matter how much of an ingrate V is, if the one he loves calls him, he would let it go. I know for certain that shit went through the writer's mind but they just let it go to force this "bittersweet" ending.

It's hilarious to me because this is the exact same ending from a very famous anime, I won't say what, but if you know you know, a guy sacrifice his ability to perform magical rune to basically trade back the body of his brother. It's called equivalent exchange. But that was a happy ending.

I guess my question is, why do you insist on framing this as a terrible choice for V when he wants to live? Why can't you make V be more grateful? Why are you forcing the "Oh but what about the other choice" option down my throat

In such a strange and abrupt way, this DLC is basically saying, it's all right to tear everyone down for your ambition and make them all suffer for you, because you might just become a regular joe. And the funniest part about all this is that it's supposed to be anti-corp, but holy shit, if Songbird and V were a CEO they would be far worst than any CEO that might exist in the lore of Cyberpunk.

It's basically selling your soul in a different way, at least companies provide job. But these two absolute imbeciles provide nothing but destruction and suffering for everyone involved. What a strange and contradictory message.

lost literally nothing because the relic was what made him be able to chrome out to begin with and he was never going to live forever with the relic anyway.
Choom, I agree with you on some things. But this isn't correct. V is able to max out the level and street cred before the heist, and the only limitation in 1.63 was that ripperdocs from outside Watson weren't available. I hear that now even that is fixed. V can 'grow up' to the max level and cyberware in Watson, except they capped the latter.

Phantom Liberty ending strikes me as the 'bright' side of the previous 'devil' Arasaka ending. V ends up being an essential average person, unlike any of NC bosses. For someone that is all they want... a normal life. In comparison, the secret ending Sun is made for the folks who do want to be an NC boss, not less dangerous than Adam Smasher himself -- and there's plenty of lore to attest to his dangerousness.

The former V shouts "wtf" at the offer to be the latter. The later screams in horror at the thought of being the former. Neither of them are happy in each other's skin. Perhaps CDPR thought we were missing this ending, and here it is.

Choom, I agree with you on some things. But this isn't correct. V is able to max out the level and street cred before the heist, and the only limitation in 1.63 was that ripperdocs from outside Watson weren't available. I hear that now even that is fixed. V can 'grow up' to the max level and cyberware in Watson, except they capped the latter.

Phantom Liberty ending strikes me as the 'bright' side of the previous 'devil' Arasaka ending. V ends up being an essential average person, unlike any of NC bosses. For someone that is all they want... a normal life. In comparison, the secret ending Sun is made for the folks who do want to be an NC boss, not less dangerous than Adam Smasher himself -- and there's plenty of lore to attest to his dangerousness.

The former V shouts "wtf" at the offer to be the latter. The later screams in horror at the thought of being the former. Neither of them are happy in each other's skin. Perhaps CDPR thought we were missing this ending, and here it is.
Mike Pondsmith was saying that V could use so much chrome because of the relic without going cyberpsycho, that's what I was referencing., not sure if CDProjektRed disagrees on the lore side. So I won't comment further on that. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/xn07ze
But if they truly wanted a bitter ending like the Arasaka ending, then they could just make V alive and still with chrome except now he's indebted to the NUSA government. He can never see the ones he love again, and he never know when he can see them, never go back to Night City, he's basically the NUSA's lapdog because he owes them.

V losing his ability to chrome was literally the perfect penance for him, the fact it's not portrayed as that is just baffling.

Something that really caught my attention in this new ending is the following: during V's journey on the Delamain (the year is already 2079), we can enjoy the streets of Night City. On the radio it is reported that Biotechnica has created a super bacteria; that the homeless people mysteriously disappeared (the truth is that they were all murdered) and that Arasaka withdrew from the city. The entire atmosphere is reddish and you can see Militech soldiers with their military robots in the center of Night City. Corporate dictatorship level 1000%. The climate is one of even heavier and more violent oppression than in 2077 when Arasaka internally influenced Night City. In 2077, Militech always operated in "rural" areas of the city.
Summary: Militech is a worse corporation than Arasaka and V choosing this path ends up bringing much greater oppression to the city, he is left without friends, he becomes one of the crowd, he takes advantage of any marginalized person and sacrifices the one who has always been the The only one who really knew him: Johnny.
Ah, but V stays alive.
This is relative because he no longer has the means to defend himself from anyone else because he can no longer install even one implant. He will die murdered.
Bad ending.

Something that really caught my attention in this new ending is the following: during V's journey on the Delamain (the year is already 2079), we can enjoy the streets of Night City. On the radio it is reported that Biotechnica has created a super bacteria; that the homeless people mysteriously disappeared (the truth is that they were all murdered) and that Arasaka withdrew from the city. The entire atmosphere is reddish and you can see Militech soldiers with their military robots in the center of Night City. Corporate dictatorship level 1000%. The climate is one of even heavier and more violent oppression than in 2077 when Arasaka internally influenced Night City. In 2077, Militech always operated in "rural" areas of the city.
Summary: Militech is a worse corporation than Arasaka and V choosing this path ends up bringing much greater oppression to the city, he is left without friends, he becomes one of the crowd, he takes advantage of any marginalized person and sacrifices the one who has always been the The only one who really knew him: Johnny.
Ah, but V stays alive.
This is relative because he no longer has the means to defend himself from anyone else because he can no longer install even one implant. He will die murdered.
Bad ending.
I never noticed those. Actually this made the other endings worst then and less sense so if Arasaka isn't even the worse corp, what V will do in the other endings is just fundamentally worthless because in the end, other corps would continue doing their shit after V fucks Arasaka up. And in the end V is no different from this corps so there is no conclusion, everybody are all shitty and it's just all shit. Such a shitty and worthless conclusion, edgy for the sake of it, when it's obvious more can be done to it.

Last edited:
if you did a gig in dogtown to save the two ncpd idiots. The client(wife) says night city makes everyone what they are. So V and everyone else is what they are because they allowed NC to change them. hence the reason panam and judy want V to leave NC so bad.

I have problems with the new ending the DLC brings and I've said it all in another thread, but the amount of vitriol and times you've referred to a video game character as a 'bitch' makes me feel like you should realise that it's just a game, bro. They're not real.

I have problems with the new ending the DLC brings and I've said it all in another thread, but the amount of vitriol and times you've referred to a video game character as a 'bitch' makes me feel like you should realise that it's just a game, bro. They're not real.
Bitch ruined my game, I know she's not "real", it's part of the fun. If I really had "vitriol" would be shitting on the writer.

Top Bottom