Left handed V?

+
After reading trough Johhny's Malorian wiki, I read that it was specially made for him by Malorian arms and that it was so powerful, that it packed quite the punch so It was designed to be fired with Johnny's metal arm. Could this be represented in-game so that when we are playing as Johnny, we use our left hand?

Source: "Over the years, Johnny wielded different Malorians, each one more powerful than the previous. His last one was as powerful as an anti-tank gun, and thanks to his special cyberware arm and shoulder, it didn't tear it off from the recoil when he fired it."

Attachments

• kép_2023-02-28_183553185.png
    kép_2023-02-28_183553185.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 51
Cool detail. Also, I wonder how big of a hit it would be if a game let you decide whether you're right or left-handed as a character. (The reason I don't think this happens is because it would require every, single animation for the player character to be compiled twice. Still...I wonder...)

Cool detail. Also, I wonder how big of a hit it would be if a game let you decide whether you're right or left-handed as a character. (The reason I don't think this happens is because it would require every, single animation for the player character to be compiled twice. Still...I wonder...)
I remember some games which would let you pick your main hand in character creation or let you switch ingame with the press of a button. Only for guns though. Which should be enough. As a left handed person myself, I can say that I do many things with the right hand (because the world made me adapt), but guns, bats and knives, I would use with the left hand. Not that I do, pacifism and all that.

Jep1st

Forum regular
I remember some games which would let you pick your main hand in character creation or let you switch ingame with the press of a button.
Ghost Recon Wildlands and GR Breakpoint allow you to switch sides with a button push.

As a lefty, I do wish more developers added the option to switch for left-handers, especially for genres like FPS. There have been more games that have implemented left-hand options in recent years, but hopefully it becomes a standard in the future.

In real life when I fire a pistol I am right handed but when I fire a rifle I am left handed.

Johnny is not a reliable narrator. However there are things you can trust. He IS left handed but V isn't. So when the stories are being told(You are playing the mission) it isnt Johnny that is reliving the memory. V is the one reliving the memory. But V is right handed and the personalities, the way their bodies move and how they react to things is also different. If you are watching. When the computer has control of Johnny the gun is in the left hand. When V(the player) has control of Johnny he is right handed. Look into the Arasaka holocaust the way it appears in the tabletops and you might piece together what actually happened that night.

Top Bottom