LIVE STREAM WITH DEVELOPERS 21.02.2018

+

Guest 4226291

If his name is Imlerith that means they are changing the old Imlerith’s name which I don’t want them to do :(

If his name is Imlerith that means they are changing the old Imlerith’s name which I don’t want them to do

His name is Imlerith: Sabbath :) I guess the old Imlerith might also get something extra though

Tomorrow? Someone said a week.

Yeah it is on the 28th. Foxhounder predicted that before the stream and sadly he was wrong :p

morenn, cerys and Imelerth looks decent. As for the rest, I'm not enthusiastic about the dilution of the gold pool. Personally, I certainly don't want them in kegs.

Surely there's a role for arena exclusive cards? It'd also let you design cards that let you play with the draft mechanic- eg 'take this 2 point card and the next 5 cards drafted will be from the same faction'.

TheShift

Look at the previous page, the cards and their effects have all been posted :) Other than that, Arena is coming on the 28th, ranked season is ending on that day too

Guest 4226291

ser2440;n10528052 said:
His name is Imlerith: Sabbath :) I guess the old Imlerith might also get something extra though

Yeah it is on the 28th. Foxhounder predicted that before the stream and sadly he was wrong :p

ser2440;n10528812 said:
TheShift

Look at the previous page, the cards and their effects have all been posted :) Other than that, Arena is coming on the 28th, ranked season is ending on that day too

Oh okay thanks. Sweet! A week away! The new cards are interesting but a little underwhelming. Although Roche is basically a spy if he destroys an ambush unit, a really powerful spy at that. Geralt looks really bad. An 11 point gold that is very conditional. The others are kind of okay I guess.

I’m most excited for the new mode though!

Triss already has a spot waiting for her in my deck, Poet is pretty powerful, Morenn is ungodly powerful, like spell-atael needed any more help. Geralt and yenn are both too limited IMO. 'quax is definitely a bait card, but one with a severe bite (28pts base over 2 cards), Vainglory looks like it'll encourage NG Power Critters (I can see it already, add knights trial of grassess... maybe heals venedal and some reveal)

DRK3

Forum veteran
ser2440;n10528812 said:
TheShift

Wait. This season is ending on the 28th? I know they said seasons would get shorter but it just started like 2 weeks ago, that's not even a month-long season! I hope this is not the case, i was trying to reach Rank 20 this season to get the Bran avatar but im nowhere near it.

Wait. This season is ending on the 28th? I know they said seasons would get shorter but it just started like 2 weeks ago, that's not even a month-long season! I hope this is not the case, i was trying to reach Rank 20 this season to get the Bran avatar but im nowhere near it.

Well yeah. I just checked the stream again, that will be the end of ranked and pro ladder seasons along with arena coming. I suppose that's because from now, seasons will be exactly one month long

As for the avatar, you can get it next year :p seasons are standardized now, so next February will again be the Season of Mahakam with the rewards that we are having now :)

Roche is trash, this card shouldn't exist.
EDIT : They actually removed the "draw a card" part so I'm still not a fan of the card but he's much more acceptable now.

I love the new Cerys and I love to think that there is something interesting to do with her.

Morenn is pure power imo. She's gonna make Special cards really tricky to use when an ambush card hit the board.

Yenn necro is very scary, Soldier is the most common creature type in the game, she's pretty much guaranteed to have at least one target against every archetype and a lot of them are very powerful.

Imlerith is very interesting. The potential is definitely here, now to see if it's gonna be enough to justify an inclusion in a deck. The main problem is that he's very easy to counter (if you don't have the right removal spell just something that overcome his body + armor and he's dead). That said, it's not necessarily gonna be easy and he can get out of control very easily. He could be a real threat in a control deck that can "manipulate" the enemies' str. Maybe what Frost wild hunt deck needs to shine (even though he would be better with Fog but whatever).

Triss Tel is great on paper, she's basically a tutor for any Bronze special in your deck which is pretty good imo.
If she gets Alzur's thunder, for example, she's a 15 pts play that take out a key unit from your opponent, doesn't seem bad too me and the fact she takes special from your opponent's deck too isn't going to be much of a problem since a/ Your opponent need to play a lot of special before it's a problem and b/ even if they do, what can they possibly run that doesn't give you at least a decent value?

I don't know about Dande poet, the card basically cycle your deck which can be beneficial to some decks but I don't think it's gonna be too crazy (I may be missing something obvious though).

Geralt pro is meh, I don't like anti faction/archetype cards. Punish players for making mistakes not for their choice of faction/gameplan (this is the same reason why I don't like the new Roche).

Quax is strange. I'm not sure I'm a fan of it to be honest, it's manageable on paper but I could change my mind once I see it played.
Of course it's very easy to deal with but if you can't, that's a disaster and I'm not a fan of those type of cards usually.

Dande Vainglory...How about a second Ciri Nova? (lower body but even easier to build around).

Last edited:
I just watched the video on YouTube and updated my original post:
FG15-ISH7EG;n10527222 said:
Roche: Mercyless (6)
Destroy a face-down Ambush unit.

Yennefer: Necromancer (5)
Ressurect a Bronze or Silver Soldier from your opponent's graveyard.

Imlerith: Sabbath (5)
Duell the Highest enemy on turn end. If this unit survives, Heal it by 2 and give it 2 Armor.
2 Armor.

Triss: Telekinesis (6)
Create a Bronze special card from either player's starting deck.

Dandelion: Poet (6)
Draw a card, then play a card.

Cerys: Fearless (6)
Ressurect the next card you Discard.

Morenn: Forest Child (6,gold)
Ambush: When the opponent plays a Bronze or Silver special card, flip over and cancel its ability.

Geralt: Professional (7)
Deal 4 damage to an enemy. If it's a Monster unit, destroy it instead.

Ihuarraquax (7)
Deal 5 damage self.
When this unit's current power equals its base power, deal 7 damage to 3 random units.

Dandellion: Vainglory (9)
Boost self by 3 for every Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and Zoltan card in your starting deck.

GenLiu;n10533352 said:
(even though he would be better with Fog but whatever
That is really weird. Maybe they changed the fog and frost effect.

Also, Dandellion: Vainglory shoudl have "or" instead of "and". Currently it implies that it would only boost if a card is a Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and Zoltan card at the same time xD

FG15-ISH7EG;n10534052 said:
I just watched the video on YouTube and updated my original post:

That is really weird. Maybe they changed the fog and frost effect.

Also, Dandellion: Vainglory shoudl have "or" instead of "and". Currently it implies that it would only boost if a card is a Geralt, Yennefer, Triss and Zoltan card at the same time xD

Correct.

I didn't even noticed that but yes, you're absolutely right. He should be much stronger considering the condition required....He could boost himself by 1OO without even being OP...
Next month we will see a new card coming out....GERYENISSTAN! I can't wait for that one!

Guest 4226291

DRK3;n10527422 said:
New cards uh? Didnt expect them so soon, im glad i saved almost 4000 scrap, ill be able to craft most of those when they arrive.

Where can i see the stream? Or do i have to wait 2 or 3 days for it to be uploaded, for those who havent been able to watch it live?

Soon? It’s been over two months.

Top Bottom