Losing Rank Points because of disconnect / forfeit

+
Losing Rank Points because of disconnect / forfeit

This is really getting annoying because people constantly leave the Match before they lose the game, immediatley when they know they will lose and then seems like the winner gets less Rank points because u have only won 1 round. could u please do something about it? getting annoyed of always getting 20 something ranking points for wins and way 30-50 minus ranking points for losses.
suggestions: give full Rank points when opponent forfits or make forfitting come with extra Rank points loss. really would be better that get the full points since u deserved them.

Heyo
I think the MMR rating is still running fine on this beta so you shouldn't get troubles regarding ranking points.

this might be outdated

However, you'll get less XP if your opponent surrend - says reddit

MMR is not affected, only XP, and for the latter, the difference is very minimal.

Rizlazz420;n8684810 said:
This is really getting annoying because people constantly leave the Match before they lose the game, immediatley when they know they will lose and then seems like the winner gets less Rank points because u have only won 1 round. could u please do something about it? getting annoyed of always getting 20 something ranking points for wins and way 30-50 minus ranking points for losses.
suggestions: give full Rank points when opponent forfits or make forfitting come with extra Rank points loss. really would be better that get the full points since u deserved them.

I was thinking of opening a similar topic. I totally agree with your suggestions.

But wait...it gets even better. People who forfeit when they are about to lose the 2nd round, although they've already won the 1st one. To be honest, i'm not totally sure how exactly you gain or lose ranking points. I don't care about the rank itself, i just want the rewards ( i'm rank 6, and i have been eyeing the 3 kegs you get when you reach rank 8. They seem far away...).

As a f2p player, i appreciate every little bit of extra ore, scraps or kegs. So, we have:
1. The dead horse named "people who don't gg". No need to elaborate ( and i admit that after a certain point i became one of the "i don't gg if..." people )
2. The "game doesn't always register the gg ore reward" bug.
3. Most important, the worst one, is what the OP said. The game allowing every other petty person influence whether you get the predetermined rewards or not is bad and needs to be changed, in my opinion.

P.S. I know the OP could only start a new topic here. Could a moderator move this to the General Discussions?

I think you may have only gained 20 due to MMR being similar. This happens to me to, but if I beat someone who has a 150 MMR gap I usually get 70ish points.

SigilFey;n8694800 said:
Good suggestion, hobbit! (Summons eagles to carry them to General Discussions.)

Now i wish for Gwent Game - The Tolkien version!
Faction: Hobbits ( duh! )
Bilbo: Mithril armor 8
Sam: Deal 5 damage with frying pan, when used against Shelob damage is doubled
Mushrooms ( special card ) : Boost all hobbits by 10 :D

Ok, sorry for the derail. I just needed some comic relief, because after a continuous losing streak i was about to win my 2nd game, and guess what? Well, what the OP says.

myc24

Forum regular
I was just reading that topic on redit about the rank up points loss when your oppoent forfeits. In the post he says even after a full game and the db (opponent) quits at the very last second, the winner will only recieve +50 instead of the +75 you would have earned and SHOULD get! This REALLY! needs to change!

Last edited by a moderator:
myc24;n8695770 said:
I was just reading that topic on redit about the rank up points loss when your oppoent forfeits. In the post he says even after a full game and the db (opponent) quits at the very last second, the winner will only recieve +50 instead of the +75 you would have earned and SHOULD get! This along with the stupid gg is allowing your butt hurt opponents way to much control over your progress and this REALLY! needs to change!

Completely agree, so sick of not getting the xp I should because of forfeits. Not to mention I gg after every game and probably get a gg back about 50% of the time from opponents.

(Turns his eagle around.)

Just clarifying: this is a known bug with the game. Games will often get hung up during the last card / resolution of a match and wind up disconnecting. There are also known issues with the game just disconnecting at any old time, or failing to even find a match.

Given the past discussions we've had on the Forums surrounding this, I am going to kindly ask people to not issue general or specific accusations. (Hurls a few flaming pine cones to strike the noses of rude comments already running free.) If you suspect a particular player of cheating or using exploits like this, simply send a PM or report it directly to CDPR. Please, do not post about it on the forums.

In consideration, I'm also changing the title to reflect the "lost rank" instead of "accusations".

Last edited:
So today i got ops that forfeited and i just didnt received any rank points out of it. It didnt even go towards my wins count. Is it a known bug or something?

Update: this time i won, they didnt ff, and i still dont get my RP. o.m.ggggg

Last edited:
Top Bottom