Loved playing machines but switched to Skellige...

+
Loved playing machines but switched to Skellige...

I am hoping for a buff of maschines. They are really funny to play and the most enemies don't really know how to against them. But maschines are having big problems, cause they are mostly strong for only one round. Also these decks are easy to counter if you know how to do. And there are nearly no gold and silver cards that are helping the maschines.

After switching to Skellige my win ratio increased heavily. I remember that I was at win-ratio of 24-24. After that a I still played some NR matches and some with a very new NG deck. Now I have a win ratio of 59-47. My estimated win-ratio with Skellige-only is currently higher than 66%.

I am pretty sure SK will get nerfed beside NG and weather.

DanielSens;n8765020 said:
I am pretty sure SK will get nerfed beside NG and weather.

NG and weather should get nerfed, both are obnoxious to play against, but why nerf SK? What do you suggest they play if they get nerfed? NG has everything, weather is just a badly balanced or more like unbalanced mechanic now. SK wounding was already nerfed, morkvarg was nerfed...so what do you suggest they play if they nerf them more? Ping - Pong :) ?

SK seems strong as it is the only faction that have Jesus on their side, as SK units seem to lift from their graves constantly.

SK lift from their graves... And NG can screw you up badly with Vicovaro medics if you don't have a savage bear on the board. Consume monsters can also screw with your cemetary. It's not like you can't counter SK... unlike reveal NG (the only decks I have lots of difficulty to beat with my Morkvarg SK deck) that has no real counter.

Avetohol;n8765130 said:
NG and weather should get nerfed, both are obnoxious to play against, but why nerf SK? What do you suggest they play if they get nerfed? NG has everything, weather is just a badly balanced or more like unbalanced mechanic now. SK wounding was already nerfed, morkvarg was nerfed...so what do you suggest they play if they nerf them more? Ping - Pong :) ?
This shouldn't be a suggestion thread (maybe you could move it now), but there are a lot of options:
- Queensguards rescue themselves if another queensguard is deployed (so they would be lockable)
- Savage Bear strength reduced to 3
- Reduce some Strengthing-Effects
- reduce total strength of Hjalmar
- balance Coral
- reduce damage from Clan Brokvar Hunter to 2
- change Light Longship to damage 2 and strengthen 3

But probably you are right that NG is more unbalanced.

Last edited:
DanielSens;n8765360 said:
This shouldn't be a suggestion thread (maybe you could move it now), but there are a lot of options:
- Queensguards rescue themselves if another queensguard is deployed (so they would be lockable)
- balance Coral

You are simply talking about destroying SK. SK and probably NR (though hunters can get to ridiculous numbers unlike anything SK can get anymore) are the only factions that don't have a strategy that can't be easily countered.
All your suggestions sound like coming from a salty man who has lost some games to SK and now wants them ruined. Weather is bad for SK, NG graveyard shenanigans ruin SK, ST special deck is just ridiculous vs anyone...so what are you talking about? SK has QG and Morkvarg which are both playable against and counterable by a lot of things in the game, as it should be with all factions.
Facts are speaking for themselves - all I meet (and not me, just read the forums) playing ranked is NG, ST special and Monster weather (less than the other two but still quite a lot).
NG "probably" more unbalanced? NG is THE unbalanced together with ST and Weather mechanics.
Watch some twitch - all top ladder climbers are either playing NG or ST/Monster. I have seen nobody play SK (probably there are some but just open twitch randomly and see the most watched streamers, usually no SK) lately though I wanted to because got bored with watching NG and the stupid counter-interactive ST special all the time.
There is a reason for that obviously.

DanielSens;n8765360 said:
- balance Coral

The problem people have is with Queensguard and Morkvarg.
It doesn't help overnerfing everything else.

Avetohol;n8766470 said:
[..]
All your suggestions sound like coming from a salty man who has lost some games to SK and now wants them ruined. Weather is bad for SK, NG graveyard shenanigans ruin SK, ST special deck is just ridiculous vs anyone...so what are you talking about? [..]
LoL. I boosted myself from 1200 to 2000 in two days... with SK. I am playing all faction. Scoitael is the one I played the less. Important cards are missing

Avetohol;n8766470 said:
[..] SK has QG and Morkvarg which are both playable against and counterable by a lot of things in the game, as it should be with all factions.
[..]
I have not a problem with these cards. I know QGs could be countered by a lot of things. Just saying that they also should be able to get locked. Mokvarg is not the problem itself. I like the idea and I don't want to get it nerfed althoughI am not playing it.

I'm surprised no one talked about Brokvar Hunters... Those cards can easily stregthen themself up to 20str in one round and keep their base str in the graveyard which mean you can rez them. This card is insane !

Esclive;n8767340 said:
I'm surprised no one talked about Brokvar Hunters... Those cards can easily stregthen themself up to 20str in one round and keep their base str in the graveyard which mean you can rez them. This card is insane !

I talked about it:
"- reduce damage from Clan Brokvar Hunter to 2"

Maybe this nerf is not enough. But personally I mostly don't have any bigger problems with them!

Of course you have no bigger problems with them if you can steal them but otherwise you'll have.

DanielSens;n8772330 said:
Maybe this nerf is not enough. But personally I mostly don't have any bigger problems with them!

So a bronze card that can grow up to 20+ BASE str that doesn't regress to 5 when entering the graveyard is not a problem for you?

Remember, the other faction's similar cards are Mon. Wyven (6str deal 2 or 5str), ST Dol Blathana archer (5str deal 3 + 1str), NG Fire Scorpion (5str deal 3 + 3 when revealed) and NR Reinforced Balista (4str deal 2 ignoring armor)

Esclive;n8772920 said:
So a bronze card that can grow up to 20+ BASE str that doesn't regress to 5 when entering the graveyard is not a problem for you?

Remember, the other faction's similar cards are Mon. Wyven (6str deal 2 or 5str), ST Dol Blathana archer (5str deal 3 + 1str), NG Fire Scorpion (5str deal 3 + 3 when revealed) and NR Reinforced Balista (4str deal 2 ignoring armor)

You are right. Maybe take away the damaging at all... The strength-buffing is okay imo, because it is a long process untill there. One of the last Scoiatael decks that beated me, bring up two bronze-units both with 18 points played with one gold-card. I was 34 points in lead before the last card was played. That felt overpowered.

But the point is both decks (the morkvarg-brokvar-deck more than the scoiatael deck) worked for this high points.

Top Bottom