Loving and Hating Cyberpunk 2077 At The Same Time: What To Do?

+

Guest 4402625

This game has broken my heart into a million pieces. I play video games on PC since early 90's. And it was the first time ever I preordered a game!! I don't want to go in details because there are already hundred of thousands comments on the internet about how bad the game is.

But at the same time there are so many good things about this game that makes you wanna play more. I finished the game and I want to play more but then I realize that I don't want to experience that frustration again.

So it's a hate/love at the same time station. Right now I uninstalled the game and there is also no other game that I want to play. Since last 5-10 years I don't play games as much I used to, because there is no enjoyable game at all. All the same superficial games. This also why I was so hyped for this game.

Currently, there is no other way for me but to wait for another year to hope they can deliver what they promised before.

I really don't know if try mods and different weird play styles and create my own game in the game or if I totally forget this game ever existed and wait for a year.

CDPR were choosen one and they failed so hard:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, there is no other way for me but to wait for another year to hope they can deliver what they promised before.
Well, you answered your own question. Wait for patches, DLC's and maybe the modding community can also come up with good stuff (depending on whether mod-tools are released). I am confided, that the game will be in a better state in 6-12 month.

Yes, a good option is to wait for patches and the free content and first DLC. By that time it should hopefully feel like a fresh experience for a new run.

While waiting, you may want to take a look at the Shadowrun series on GoG. It has the Cyberpunk style RPG elements - as well as more relaxed and turn based. Deus Ex series is another great one as well with a similar game play format of CP2077.

Happy gaming!

If you are a 90's gamer, pickup Doom 2016 and Eternal (or oldie but goldie: brutal doom) (y)

In my side of the screen CP2077 gunplay is awesome. Core mechanics are in and I'm having a blast with brainless FPS. Shame that you can clear a spot under 30-120 seconds. It's like playing Rage2 :(

Only thing I hate the most are the phone calls: during a phone call, you cannot doublejump, manouvre, fight properly and do your FPS magick.

Last edited:
Only thing I hate the most are the phone calls: during a phone call, you cannot doublejump, manouvre, fight properly and do your FPS magick.

That's a problem with ANY dialogue that plays in or out of combat. It's just poor design. No other way to put it really.

Top Bottom