Master Mirror Expansion Premium Pre-Order pack should have been cheaper

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I strongly feel that the pre-order bundle for Master Mirror expansion is a bit too costly. I was determined to buy the pre-order pack even before knowing about it. I bought the premium pre-order pack for Novigrad and Iron Judgement (and didn't buy for MOO because there was no pre-order thingy). The Novigrad's premium pre-order pack for $40 and the Iron Judgement was $50. I even created a thread saying that the price was a bit too much for Iron Judgement and that if the prices of pre-order packs are this costly I wouldn't be able to buy/support that.

I know that it is optional and I know that I can simply skip buying it instead of whining here. But I really wanted/want to support the game and $50 is just too much. Especially because the value of premium cards that we may get is way lesser than before. In 25 kegs, there is very very less % of chance to get a Legendary. On an average we will get some 3 or 4 Epics, 0 Legendary and rest are bronzes. But other than Legendary cards, all other rarity were made cheap (and very easy to get with MP; 1RP for a common?). So, the value of a premium keys were nerfed a lot.

Even if not thinking about all the values and saying "You are buying to support the company. You shouldn't worry about the returns" $50 is too high. I would have definitely bought it if it was $40. I am not sure if 20% more people would have bought it if the price was 20% cheaper. But what I do know is, I haven't seen a single Gaunter leader skin till now. When Journey pass was released, all I could see was Geralts. But I haven't seen a single Gaunter till now. May be people bought and didn't equip him? (which is highly unlikely?) Only CDPR knows how much they made.

But I request CDPR to cap the premium pre-order expansion price at $40. $50 is daunting. Just know that if the price was $40, I would have bought it.

I strongly feel that the pre-order bundle for Master Mirror expansion is a bit too costly. I was determined to buy the pre-order pack even before knowing about it. I bought the premium pre-order pack for Novigrad and Iron Judgement (and didn't buy for MOO because there was no pre-order thingy). The Novigrad's premium pre-order pack for $40 and the Iron Judgement was $50. I even created a thread saying that the price was a bit too much for Iron Judgement and that if the prices of pre-order packs are this costly I wouldn't be able to buy/support that.

I know that it is optional and I know that I can simply skip buying it instead of whining here. But I really wanted/want to support the game and $50 is just too much. Especially because the value of premium cards that we may get is way lesser than before. In 25 kegs, there is very very less % of chance to get a Legendary. On an average we will get some 3 or 4 Epics, 0 Legendary and rest are bronzes. But other than Legendary cards, all other rarity were made cheap (and very easy to get with MP; 1RP for a common?). So, the value of a premium keys were nerfed a lot.

Even if not thinking about all the values and saying "You are buying to support the company. You shouldn't worry about the returns" $50 is too high. I would have definitely bought it if it was $40. I am not sure if 20% more people would have bought it if the price was 20% cheaper. But what I do know is, I haven't seen a single Gaunter leader skin till now. When Journey pass was released, all I could see was Geralts. But I haven't seen a single Gaunter till now. May be people bought and didn't equip him? (which is highly unlikely?) Only CDPR knows how much they made.

But I request CDPR to cap the premium pre-order expansion price at $40. $50 is daunting. Just know that if the price was $40, I would have bought it.

I have seen it, but I have a different perspective. I think that if the devs want the community support they need to do more to earn it. They promised before not to leave the meta stale for half a year again. They broke that promise. They promised better communication, they broke that promise. They reduced the daily rewards substantially by eliminating partials and they increased the cost of transmutation of legendarys. I have a list of other things including bugs that still are not fixed (tier 8 rewards for one,) and that isn’t even looking at the arena. Supporting Gwent is all well and good, but the devs haven’t been stepping up to earn that support. Let alone at the crazy high prices. I mean for god sake look at the cost for the premade decks.

The way I see it, the pre orders in gwent hold more value than say magic the gathering arena, I've been buying mastery passes and pre orders in both games and due to having to have 4x of every copy (in some instances) for a solid deck in mtg you can more easily f2p gwent, as 800 scraps is easier to come by than a mythic wildcard in mtga.

Gwent gives more value compared to other ccg's. The journey is superior to the mastery pass mtga simply due to the fact that you can within a reasonable timeframe finish it and at your own leisure. The cheaper pre order gives cardbacks and 10 kegs. That and the additional 4500 ore (and still counting) I've been saving gives me probably most of the cards at release.

I will probably support the game by buying a preorder, the cheaper one with cardbacks, due to the simple fact that this game cost money to make and I do want to support it during the times when I'm playing it. All those cards, the artwork had to be made by some artist or design studio, and CDPR have to pay their workers a fair salary. The nice thing about gwent is that you can choose to be a f2p, or pay if you want to.

If CDPR is unfair, then wizard of the coast's mtg payment model is the devil.

Yes, from my perspective the pre-order bundle looks a bit too expensive. On the other hand the Journey pass could have been easily 2-3 euro more expensive and I would still have bought it.

But what I do know is, I haven't seen a single Gaunter leader skin till now. When Journey pass was released, all I could see was Geralts.

I've also played my fair share of games and still no Gaunter in sight...

Different customers buy different things. At the beginning of close beta, I invested in kegs, but after few years (and a single 9 months break), I tend to buy cosmetic items only. I like to make multiple, but small "investment" to support the game. So I got the Shani cardback, the flaming avatar, the Journey pass, but I would not buy the full pre-order bundle even for 40 euro.
I would buy the second tier Mirror bundle, if it had something other than kegs along with the cardback...

Top Bottom