Memory Leak or AMD Issue?

+
Playing at 1440p with High settings and AMD Fidelity settings enabled to maintain 60fps I've noticed after about 2+ hours of play my average frames drop significantly and I'm not sure why. Typically by about 12-20fps on average.

I'm hardware meets and exceeds the processor recommendation for "High" 1440p settings, and my gpu meets the recommended currently using Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT Nitro+ .

I get about 45 average frames with "High" settings but can get 60fps when I enable AMD Fidelity Dynamic and set my minimum resolution to 80 and max to 95 with target frames set to 60, but after a couple of hours of gameplay my performance starts to tank.

I'm not sure if this is due to the AMD Ryzen bug, or just bad optimization all around...

Anyone have advice or information on this?

Hardware
Ryzen 7 2700x
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Sapphire Radeon 5700xt Nitro+
Addlink 1TB m.2 SSD - 3400mb read / 3000 write
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

EDIT- Latest video drivers installed -- 20.12.1

I don't know for sure if your problem is memory leak related, but it's probably better to wait for hotfix 1.05, before testing various other things:

The typical suggestions for performance issues can be found here: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1775/performance-issues-3

In some cases it's possible though, that background applications start working after a certain amount of time which can also mess with the performance.

But at this point, I'd really rather wait for the hotfix in your case.

Playing at 1440p with High settings and AMD Fidelity settings enabled to maintain 60fps I've noticed after about 2+ hours of play my average frames drop significantly and I'm not sure why. Typically by about 12-20fps on average.

I'm hardware meets and exceeds the processor recommendation for "High" 1440p settings, and my gpu meets the recommended currently using Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT Nitro+ .

I get about 45 average frames with "High" settings but can get 60fps when I enable AMD Fidelity Dynamic and set my minimum resolution to 80 and max to 95 with target frames set to 60, but after a couple of hours of gameplay my performance starts to tank.

I'm not sure if this is due to the AMD Ryzen bug, or just bad optimization all around...

Hardware
Ryzen 7 2700x
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

You should monitor your system to find out whats wrong.
Could be heat related and if it is a leak you will see that in ram usage too.
Btw if you play in 1080p you should be able to play with 60+ FPS no problem, without the need of turning fidelity on, which in my oppinion looks terrible.
PS: You can use the radeon software to record your fps/temps.

Nvidia user here (1660 Super) and I've been having the same experience.It looks like a memory leak and the only work around for the moment is restarting the game.

Yeah, heat issues can be a possibility. A while ago, I had ventilation problems on my PC and it always caused performance issues after a certain amount of time.

^It could be,sure,although in my case I've been monitoring the temps and they seem fine.Certainly not enough to temp throttle performance.My pc is in a ventilated area and I clean my coolers/radiators every other week.

Hardware
Ryzen 7 2700x
16GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

It's the same for me and I'm on Intel. It's a game issue.

My heat issues are ALL within Radeon specs. AMD says temps up to 110 are within spec for the Radeon 5000 series. My Junction temps go into the 80-90s which are all within AMD specs, can't get the junction temp any lower, I tried slight undervolting but it's always unstable so I have to leave the voltages as default factory settings.

I've monitored my CPU/GPU temps, my CPU doesn't go above 60c during gaming and my GPU stays at around 70-75c underload (GPU overall temp not junction)

My Video card is on a vertical riser with a solid 1 inch of space from the side glass panel, and 2+ inches away from the motherboard.

I'm using the Wraith prism cooler that came with my CPU and I have the fan settings set on turbo.

My case is clean and I have 2 200m 1 in the front and 1 in the back , and 6 more 120m fans 1 in the front, 2 at the bottom and 3 at the top of my case.
Post automatically merged:

You should monitor your system to find out whats wrong.
Could be heat related and if it is a leak you will see that in ram usage too.
Btw if you play in 1080p you should be able to play with 60+ FPS no problem, without the need of turning fidelity on, which in my oppinion looks terrible.
PS: You can use the radeon software to record your fps/temps.

1440p with fidelity looks better than High-Ultra 1080p IMO.

I also have a 1440p monitor and I hate stretching out lower resolutions.

Last edited:
My heat issues are ALL within Radeon specs. AMD says temps up to 110 are within spec for the Radeon 5000 series. My Junction temps go into the 80-90s which are all within AMD specs, can't get the junction temp any lower, I tried slight undervolting but it's always unstable so I have to leave the voltages as default factory settings.

I've monitored my CPU/GPU temps, my CPU doesn't go above 60c during gaming and my GPU stays at around 70-75c underload (GPU overall temp not junction)

My Video card is on a vertical riser with a solid 1 inch of space from the side glass panel, and 2+ inches away from the motherboard.

I'm using the Wraith prism cooler that came with my CPU and I have the fan settings set on turbo.

My case is clean and I have 2 200m 1 in the front and 1 in the back , and 6 more 120m fans 1 in the front, 2 at the bottom and 3 at the top of my case.
Post automatically merged:

1440p with fidelity looks better than High-Ultra 1080p IMO.

I also have a 1440p monitor and I hate stretching out lower resolutions.
That sounds all right, i dont think its heat related.
If it is a memory leak you should be able to see it next time the game slows down, dont close the game and check your ram usage. Mine stays at around 8GB. (50%)

That sounds all right, i dont think its heat related.
If it is a memory leak you should be able to see it next time the game slows down, dont close the game and check your ram usage. Mine stays at around 8GB. (50%)

My Adrenalin software monitors CPU/GPU usage and the amount of memory in use.

Used about 8GB of my memory and around 7.5GB of the video memory.

It sucks I have to restart the game and not sure why when my Frames tank 12-20 on average. Going from 60 to 40 frames you see a big difference.

I guess I could try disabling AMD Fidelity and lowering my resolution to see if I encounter the same frames loss, but 1080p stretching out in a 1440p monitor just looks so bad.

I followed CDPRs recommendations for the "High 1440" recommended hardware and it's not cutting it because the GPU isn't strong enough, or the game isn't optimized, or they released those specs based on like 35fps averages or something. Which IMO anything under 50 frames makes it too jittery and I don't like it at all. 60 is what's enjoyable for me, more is a bonus.

My Adrenalin software monitors CPU/GPU usage and the amount of memory in use.

Used about 8GB of my memory and around 7.5GB of the video memory.

It sucks I have to restart the game and not sure why when my Frames tank 12-20 on average. Going from 60 to 40 frames you see a big difference.

I guess I could try disabling AMD Fidelity and lowering my resolution to see if I encounter the same frames loss, but 1080p stretching out in a 1440p monitor just looks so bad.

I followed CDPRs recommendations for the "High 1440" recommended hardware and it's not cutting it because the GPU isn't strong enough, or the game isn't optimized, or they released those specs based on like 35fps averages or something. Which IMO anything under 50 frames makes it too jittery and I don't like it at all. 60 is what's enjoyable for me, more is a bonus.
The actually did based the recomended specs on 30FPS :)
Not that it matters for your system, you should have little trouble getting 60 FPS.

Top Bottom