Metal gear solid v! Tpp & gz

+
Waiiit did you make up her backstory or is it something official? I just fear the Beauties happening all over again because that was such a low point, Kojima can be pretty bad at bringing his points across whenever he tries to be blatant about it.

And I'll wait to play the game to judge it, we all know his track record of being deceptive, especially when it comes to media buzz/marketing.

So Kojima telling the Politically Correct crowd to screw off. Excellent.

I hope the game comes on PC, even if at a later date, I'd be interested in playing it.

guipit said:
>Quiet is a native Afghan girl
>forced to wear a burka all her life
>beaten and raped by her father and he calls her a whore, even while she wears her burka
>one day has enough
>strips naked, kills all the abusive men of her village
>from that day on wears the most provocative clothing she can as a constant fuck you to the patriarchy

Well, at least there's a reason for her hooker outfit, but it does come across as preachy.

I would still like to know if Guipit made it up because Kojima is refusing to say anything about Quiet's past - can we please not post speculation as facts?

Some of my thoughts-
It would be weird that a game that prides itself on extreme realism has a half-naked character walking around in a scorching desert. It seems she has stealth camo 'built' into her skin somehow (nanomachiiines), as some of the commenters pointed out, which would also imply her skin is special and she doesn't get burns. The initial theory was that she is related to The End, a sniper who could regulate his body temperature at will to avoid radars and also hibernate to prolong his own life. This should get interesting when she's being tortured with electricity, as seen in the trailer. An ability like that would make her well worth being in Big Boss' unit. I wonder if she's immune to injuries, too, and if all this has something to do with a certain research that happens a couple of decades later.

In other related news:

Aver

Forum veteran
Dona said:
I would still like to know if Guipit made it up because Kojima is refusing to say anything about Quiet's past - can we please not post speculation as facts?
He made it up.

Some of my thoughts-
Dona said:
It would be weird that a game that prides itself on extreme realism has a half-naked character walking around in a scorching desert.
Like fire unicorns in Phantom Pain? Well, for me MGS games were always: "semi-serious world + Japanese weirdness" and it looks like tradition will be continued.

Aver

Forum veteran
Dona said:
Those are a part of Big Boss' hallucination. (+a nod to Blade Runner, though that's irrelevant.)

You know that there are a lot of weird or "kawaii" things in MGS and sniper in bikini won't be the weirdest thing in that I have seen so far.

I guess that's my cue to get out and have my theory conversations elsewhere since it's not fun when we're not arguing about her clothes, right? If Kojima said it's not accidental then it's most definitely not, and besides he's done it with The Boss and Eva before. I don't see why you're trying to convince me it's there to be 'kawaii' or 'weird' or whatever.

CostinMoroianu said:
So Kojima telling the Politically Correct crowd to screw off. Excellent.

I hope the game comes on PC, even if at a later date, I'd be interested in playing it.

Kojima said he's "definitely interested in the PC version at some point later, not a current priority" I hope it makes it for PC as well

And still waiting for Revengeance to come out first which is already confirmed to come out this year....

Aver

Forum veteran
Dona said:
I guess that's my cue to get out and have my theory conversations elsewhere since it's not fun when we're not arguing about her clothes, right? If Kojima said it's not accidental then it's most definitely not, and besides he's done it with The Boss and Eva before. I don't see why you're trying to convince me it's there to be 'kawaii' or 'weird' or whatever.

Sorry, I didn't argue about her clothes or about your explanation. I argued about weird things in MGS universe. I just pointed out that there was a lot of such 'weird' things in games made by Kojima and it wouldn't anything unusual to see character like Quiet, no matter what explanation will Kojima serve us.

I actually love this weirdness - you have realistic settings, with backstories based on real events and then Kojima put super-unbelievable-technologies in them and characters and dialogs straight from anime. I love this contrasts.

Aw man, that make it a bit clearer next time :p Yeah, I like the quirkiness, too, and that's probably why I'm far more willing to give Kojima the benefit of a doubt - he does weird things, but he makes them work, and that's amazing. I don't think Quiet is unusual for MGS universe and we've definitely seen worse (and with less personality, as it may very well turn out to be). Besides, it was nice of him to address the fans and explain the situation a little bit. It's more than developers normally do.

What I love about MGS, and animes such as Full Metal Alchemist, is how quickly it can go from serious to completely hilarious, without breaking immersion from the game. It's a very self-conscious series and that's how I like my entertainment to be.

Aver

Forum veteran
I don't want to talk about clothes, sexsim etc., but I think that this one is pretty funny: Character designer who worked on Halo 4 said on twitter that Quiet is disgusting and it's objectification of women. Bold words for designer one of the best pair of breasts in video games history: http://i.imgur.com/01WjvD7.png ;)/>

Sutherland sounds bored, but I'm even more disappointed by Skull Face :/ The japanese voice was fearsome and commanding, the english one sounds forced and unconvincing.

EDIT: official uploads of the gameplay presentations too (still japanese)

night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRXD_ZVDh50

day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOLRfnC84fQ

Kodaemon said:
Sutherland sounds bored, but I'm even more disappointed by Skull Face :/ The japanese voice was fearsome and commanding, the english one sounds forced and unconvincing.

EDIT: official uploads of the gameplay presentations too (still japanese)

There was this article where Kojima almost got rid of the ! symbol but it stays. Why doesn't he just have an option to remove the damn thing.

This game would be really good if they just kept a lot of things optional like that regenerating health and unrealistic fall damage.

Also tranquilizer gun is overpowered as fuck. A lot of of guard suspicions should be changed into caution mode stuff like there's a body on the fucking road so you should radio that in before investigating it.

I keep telling myself that MGS series isn't really a stealth game but it can be. I hope the game comes to PC so there could be some good mods for it.

As for Sutherland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5PsV2uMVg

If he does Snake like this I'll be happy.

hope this does come to PC indeed, but meanwhile the already 'confirmed' Revengeance, not a breath on it so far...

Here's your Revengeance PC confirmation!

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/385330774741757952

Dona said:
Here's your Revengeance PC confirmation!

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/385330774741757952

We should all buy it so they make a PC version of MGS:V

Top Bottom