Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard!

+
Whats the point of buying Bungie? Maybe that was the price with Halo in the deal, but now??? Sigh...
Destiny and whatever else is planned. Regardless of what anyone feels toward their writing... (these are games after all, not movies) and that nearly everyone who worked on Halo has been gone for quite sometime; they still know gunplay. I haven't played Destiny in a long while, I found many things irksome about that game - but few other titles come close to how good it feels when you shoot someone in the face.

Destiny and whatever else is planned. Regardless of what anyone feels toward their writing... (these are games after all, not movies) and that nearly everyone who worked on Halo has been gone for quite sometime; they still know gunplay. I haven't played Destiny in a long while, I found many things irksome about that game - but few other titles come close to how good it feels when you shoot someone in the face.

I'm not even going to comment on Destiny 2's the 100th reboots game and the state of decline it's in.
I think it's a very bad purchase but Sony sure know what they are doing, right?.

I'm not even going to comment on Destiny 2's the 100th reboots game and the state of decline it's in.
I think it's a very bad purchase but Sony sure know what they are doing, right?.
I don't know anything about Destiny 2. Characters were totally 'we promise' supposed to roll over into the sequel, and then they announced they wouldn't early that year. So I passed and dropped the franchise entirely.

I mean bungle is still going to act just like an independent. I am unsure how this changes anything much game exclusivity wise. I mean, halo is not going to become a ps exclusive. I don't think there's an acquisition war going on at all. Just part and parcel of big corpo life

1643693716637.png

Iap,industry consolidation . Taking into account that development costs keep rising, they need to consolidate in distribuition channels,marketing,deals with providers...

I mean bungle is still going to act just like an independent. I am unsure how this changes anything much game exclusivity wise. I mean, halo is not going to become a ps exclusive.
Halo is 343i(owned by MS). Bungie and Halo parted ways a looooooooooooong time ago.

Nothing changes with this acquisition, Bungie will remain independent. The only difference is that Sony is looking more into GAAS than the single player experiences that made them great.

Well they hade too do something, MS has been on a buying spree and since they dont garantee everything will be released on both platforms (This is why i HAAATE exlusives) they hade too secure some studios. Hopefully the good trend with games coming too PC too will continue (even if its allways a couple of years late).

Never say Never, but I agree with the sentiment that it is not financially needed to sell. And at this moment cdpr would be a really big purchase, with their last game criticcaly failing, but financially winning. I would assume MS will at least wait with any offers until the next game has released.

Id rather see Microsoft then EA so im not that worried about it. But interesting that Microsoft has started buying up some heavy studios... Feels like a good way of f-ing Sony over ^^ Hopefully it will fix Blizzards issues as of late and i bet this is one of the reasons they did this deal.
Until Blizzard comes with a Starcraft 3 I dont particulairly care much about them anymore, there's nothing else of real interest that Activision-side of things haven't destroyed or pulled the plug from anyways.

But we are forgetting one little thing.
Microsoft, Blizzard, Activision, and all those companies were american based, or otherwise heavy into the american culture of moneygrabbing.
Its a type of culture where you either swim or drown.

Our good friends over at CDPR are Poland, EU based and the culture is, believe it or not, quite different if you don't have an american fat CEO hanging over your schoulder. So as long as they remain of the psoition that they want to make great stuff, then I'm not worried much.
Yes, after Cyberpunk they have to be a bit careful with another screw-up, but they can still work to redeem those credits.
A sell-out would also be exactly that, and I'm not seeing that happen just yet.

EU based and the culture is, believe it or not, quite different if you don't have an american fat CEO hanging over your schoulder.
who told u that? xD - there is really no difference. everyone is buyable culture doesn't matter if the price hits right. trust me, I've seen enough whack deals working 20 years in the EU advertising/marketing industry. its all about the money. sadly.

who told u that? xD - there is really no difference. everyone is buyable culture doesn't matter if the price hits right. trust me, I've seen enough whack deals working 20 years in the EU advertising/marketing industry. its all about the money. sadly.
Its shifting more closely together these days true enough. But the fact still remains that cultural differences have an impact. More so in the way how things are dealt with.
And nobody needs to tell me that I have seen and experienced it myself, dealing with all kinds of commercial companies over the world.

Not trying to necro an old thread, but the acquisition was given the green light by the courts today.
It's fine. I edited the title to be less, well, silly and clickbait.

Be interesting to see if the Brits change their minds now. Apparently they've started talking to MS again.

Top Bottom