Misc. Gwent Guides to... [THINNING]

+

Have these guides been helpful?

• Yes. Keep 'em coming!

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • Not really. Dont waste your time...

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
I have yet to play against a single Viy deck. I've played 30 games on the Ladder and what I usually face are SC elves decks with some movement cards and Nilfgaard decks (mostly lockdown and enslave).

I guess, I'm missing all the fun.

:shrug:

pls forget, that I ever mentioned playing Kolgrim:giveup:

this is an updated version of the elf deck. Guess its pretty much what everybody else came up with

I stumbled across a fairly cheap (provision-wise) method to interfere with some Viy decks while I was finishing a neutral units daily quest...

I've encountered several opponents that use the MO location card to bring Viy to the top of the deck for the following round. This makes it a prime target for the Ofiri Merchant, a 4 prov neutral that swaps top cards. You may not be able to make full use of Viy, but it's probably worth stealing if you get the chance. :)

pls forget, that I ever mentioned playing Kolgrim:giveup:

this is an updated version of the elf deck. Guess its pretty much what everybody else came up with

Wow, that's not even close to mine. lol

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hello everyone, and welcome to my 1st guide of the year.
I really loved this seasonal mode last year, and made a guide for it (last posts on the 1st page of this thread if you want to check it out), but i decided to make a new one due to significant changes.

I find it very easy to win in this seasonal mode, if you read and follow this guide you will find yourself in the same situation :cool:

[GUIDE TO WOLF SEASONAL MODE 2021]

-This mode is NOT well balanced between the factions.
Last year, it was NR that was the best (even though NG was the most played), and this year it changed - SK is the best (although for now, most are using NR which is easily the 2nd best)

Personal rating:
SK - 10/10
NR - 8.5/10
NG - 8/10
ST/MO/SY - trash/10

-This is because SK and NR have cheaps of making many witchers, SY and MO dont even have bronze witchers.
Dont try to use Viy, its so much worse than in standard, since everyone is running Yrden and better points than what MO has.

- YRDEN. The absolute must-have in every deck. In mirror matches, the winner is usually the one with the best Yrden.
Unlike last year, Renew cant be used for a 2nd Yrden. You got Lippy (SK), and Fringilla, Doublecross Leader, Bribery (NG) to try and get a 2nd one.
Always try to distribute your boosted points on two rows to minimize opponent's Yrden.

-Igni is also very good and will rarely brick. Most good opponents will play around it, so you need to line it up. The 35pt condition with initiative is usually met on long rounds, so that isnt a problem if you hold charges to line up a big Igni.

-Heatwave doesnt seem good in this mode. Havent seen any scenarios or defenders, and for tall removal, Geralts are better.

-In general, more units is better - 2x 4pt units will boost to 6pt each=12pts, while a single 8pt will boost to 10pts.

-Avoid ANYTHING that is 1/2pts because it will instantly die. Exceptions are witchers and spying units.

-Armor, shields and the new expansion witchers are great choices for this mode.

SKELLIGE
This is Tier 0 material in this mode. Having blue coin, getting bad hands, doing terrible misplays... usually doesnt matter and you still win, unless you're also facing an optimized SK list.

-Armor Up - 17pts for 5 provisions (3 bodies of 5 + 2 dmg). OP broken. Best bronze in this mode.
-Bear Witcher Quartermaster - 8pt body for 5 provisions, 20pts after charges are used on armor.
- Armored Drakkar - instantly goes for 9pts. Not as good as the previous 2, but good Igni bait, to protect your lines of 5/6pts units.
-Freya's Blessing - use this to revive quartermaster. Dont use Haern Caeduch, in this mode its not as great, since there rarely is any damaged unit, and it costs 8 provisions while this bronze revive only 6pr.
-Cerys+ShieldMaidens - this is INSTANTLY triggered, no need for Ursine Ritual charges, so you can use her with any SK leader. And it completely bypasses Lockdown matchups.

-In this mode, Lippy Cerys is Tier 0, except you dont need to use Ursine Ritual, in fact any other leader is better. Ursine is only good for extra provisions and to dmg own units to stop a lined up Igni.
You can use Yrden twice, and you dont even depend on the Cerys play since your bronzes give more pts than most other faction golds. The discard package should also be included, great points and thinning.

NORTHERN REALMS
If you play well, its possible to beat SK with NR. Most players are using Uprising Witchers and that really is the best choice for NR.

Note most players are using greedy versions of this, all focused on boosting and only control they have is Yrden. I dont think this is the best choice, as the opponent Yrden will be more devastating.

-Target practice - not as good as SK's armor up but still a worthy inclusion.
-Bronze Griffin Witchers - none of them are essential, but they provide good points, and GW can help line up an Igni
-Keldar - this is a 6pt witcher machine, so i keep my lock/control when facing this deck, and try to bait control out when using the same deck.

-Kerack City Guard - amazing synergy with last card Yrden, and best movement option for NR.
-Immortal Cavalry - i selected this card for best bronze in this mode last year. Not anymore, although 14pts (2x7pts) for 6 provisions is still amazing. Definitely include Reinforcements for this.
-Immortals, Kaedweny cavalry - shielded units are great because the shield denies the 2dmg that every non witcher unit gets in this mode.

NEUTRAL
The following cards are really great with witcher-heavy decks of NR and SK:

-Selective Mutation - instant 12pts for 6 provisions, plus it can get you one of your better cards if it has adrenaline
-Leo and Berengar - just good, cheap pointslam for this mode
Vesemir Mentor - amazing unit if you're packing a lot of witchers and generate many witcher students
-Wolf witcher trio - im not a fan of this play, but in this mode its 21 for 21 (or 24 for 21 if played with vesemir mentor). But this is the perfect target for Igni (which will likely be more played as players figure out the mode), so have a bigger unit on the row you play this.

-Artefact compression - no, im not joking. I use this in my seasonal decks and it will either do a massive reset or stop a troublesome unit like a Keldar, Ciri, Ciri Dash, Damien, etc. and its very cheap
-Nivellen or other movement - this is the ace in my sleeve. Good players vs good players, play around Yrden. But movement can make you Yrden so much better than your opponent.

I hope this helps, and makes players enjoy this mode more. I didnt share decklists on purpose, but anyone who read this guide can recreate my SK or NR decks and win pretty much everytime. Good luck!

BONUS - NILFGAARD
I've tried this faction and it can do some serious damage on this mode. It can beat NR or SK, but only by using their own strengths against them.

Alba Armored Cavalry - these are amazing, and trade even with NR's Griffin Witchers and SK's Bear Quartermasters (8 for 5)
More locks - i dont think 2 is enough, so i recommend at least a 3rd one, so you dont let a single engine/order do its thing.
Yen's Invo - this is good for the sneaky players who veil their units, like a Ciri Dash (extremely dangerous in this mode), and you can use it later against them

Braathens, Informants and Remedies - the key is to lock NR and SK's best bronze engines, then copy and steal as many as possible.
Warrit + Cantarella/VW Alchemist - this is great on R1, and usually it gets you a great card, often a Yrden (with 2 Yrdens and 0 for opponent, its much easier to win), or it forces the opponent to play it early to deny it for you, either way he wont have that card anymore later (and you can also Yen Invo it)

Assire - dont be afraid to play Yrden R1, you can just pop it back and replay it with Oneiromancy on R3.
Triss TK - i only use this to either get an experimental remedy or to get 'armor up', the main card that gives SK the upper hand in this mode
Doublecross Leader - gives you plenty of provisions, and if you failed to steal/force his Yrden earlier, you can copy it at the end, double Yrden is usually a win in this mode.

Note: ive seen players using Joachim+Coup in this mode. I dont think this is a good option, since everything is already going big and tall removal and Yrdens are everywhere. I recommend more control (not dmg specials, but Geralts or cheaper cards like Peter/Vanhemar)

Note 2: i hate poison and ball, but it seems rather effective in this mode, and no one is running heatwave to counter scenario, so it might be a good choice. im surprised i haven seen any poison users in this mode with so many tall units

Last edited:
ST/MO/SY - trash/10

I had a good run with a tall Mon deck I created today. I surprised myself by getting the daily challenge completed for winning 3 games with a Mon deck. I had reached my limit for changing challenges so I was stuck with it. I might have even won some games against those annoying Nor decks with the witchers. Usually my Mon decks are losers as I don't netdeck. I haven't done well with that faction since early days. It might have been my first faction and after an initial good run with it, I moved on.

As usual, my decks aren't that complicated and aren't based on meticulous research. There's another trophy icon on the seasonal reward tree for winning rounds in seasonal mode. I might try my tall Mon deck again for that, or just keep using it for a while in unranked mode etc.

My Mon deck doesn't have Geralt but it does have artefact compression. Because it's cheap.

Hello everyone, and welcome to my 1st guide of the year.
I really loved this seasonal mode last year, and made a guide for it (last posts on the 1st page of this thread if you want to check it out), but i decided to make a new one due to significant changes.

I find it very easy to win in this seasonal mode, if you read and follow this guide you will find yourself in the same situation :cool:

[GUIDE TO WOLF SEASONAL MODE 2021]

-This mode is NOT well balanced between the factions.
Last year, it was NR that was the best (even though NG was the most played), and this year it changed - SK is the best (although for now, most are using NR which is easily the 2nd best)

Personal rating:
SK - 10/10
NR - 8.5/10
NG - 6/10
ST/MO/SY - trash/10

-This is because SK and NR have cheaps of making many witchers, SY and MO dont even have bronze witchers.
Dont try to use Viy, its so much worse than in standard, since everyone is running Yrden and better points than what MO has.

- YRDEN. The absolute must-have in every deck. In mirror matches, the winner is usually the one with the best Yrden.
Unlike last year, Renew cant be used for a 2nd Yrden. You got Lippy (SK), and Fringilla, Doublecross Leader, Bribery (NG) to try and get a 2nd one.
Always try to distribute your boosted points on two rows to minimize opponent's Yrden.

-Igni is also very good and will rarely brick. Most good opponents will play around it, so you need to line it up. The 35pt condition with initiative is usually met on long rounds, so that isnt a problem if you hold charges to line up a big Igni.

-Heatwave doesnt seem good in this mode. Havent seen any scenarios or defenders, and for tall removal, Geralts are better.

-In general, more units is better - 2x 4pt units will boost to 6pt each=12pts, while a single 8pt will boost to 10pts.

-Avoid ANYTHING that is 1/2pts because it will instantly die. Exceptions are witchers and spying units.

-Armor, shields and the new expansion witchers are great choices for this mode.

SKELLIGE
This is Tier 0 material in this mode. Having blue coin, getting bad hands, doing terrible misplays... usually doesnt matter and you still win, unless you're also facing an optimized SK list.

-Armor Up - 17pts for 5 provisions (3 bodies of 5 + 2 dmg). OP broken. Best bronze in this mode.
-Bear Witcher Quartermaster - 8pt body for 5 provisions, 20pts after charges are used on armor.
- Armored Drakkar - instantly goes for 9pts. Not as good as the previous 2, but good Igni bait, to protect your lines of 5/6pts units.
-Freya's Blessing - use this to revive quartermaster. Dont use Haern Caeduch, in this mode its not as great, since there rarely is any damaged unit, and it costs 8 provisions while this bronze revive only 6pr.
-Cerys+ShieldMaidens - this is INSTANTLY triggered, no need for Ursine Ritual charges, so you can use her with any SK leader. And it completely bypasses Lockdown matchups.

-In this mode, Lippy Cerys is Tier 0, except you dont need to use Ursine Ritual, in fact any other leader is better. Ursine is only good for extra provisions and to dmg own units to stop a lined up Igni.
You can use Yrden twice, and you dont even depend on the Cerys play since your bronzes give more pts than most other faction golds. The discard package should also be included, great points and thinning.

NORTHERN REALMS
If you play well, its possible to beat SK with NR. Most players are using Uprising Witchers and that really is the best choice for NR.

Note most players are using greedy versions of this, all focused on boosting and only control they have is Yrden. I dont think this is the best choice, as the opponent Yrden will be more devastating.

-Target practice - not as good as SK's armor up but still a worthy inclusion.
-Bronze Griffin Witchers - none of them are essential, but they provide good points, and GW can help line up an Igni
-Keldar - this is a 6pt witcher machine, so i keep my lock/control when facing this deck, and try to bait control out when using the same deck.

-Kerack City Guard - amazing synergy with last card Yrden, and best movement option for NR.
-Immortal Cavalry - i selected this card for best bronze in this mode last year. Not anymore, although 14pts (2x7pts) for 6 provisions is still amazing. Definitely include Reinforcements for this.
-Immortals, Kaedweny cavalry - shielded units are great because the shield denies the 2dmg that every non witcher unit gets in this mode.

NEUTRAL
The following cards are really great with witcher-heavy decks of NR and SK:

-Selective Mutation - instant 12pts for 6 provisions, plus it can get you one of your better cards if it has adrenaline
-Leo and Berengar - just good, cheap pointslam for this mode
Vesemir Mentor - amazing unit if you're packing a lot of witchers and generate many witcher students
-Wolf witcher trio - im not a fan of this play, but in this mode its 21 for 21 (or 24 for 21 if played with vesemir mentor). But this is the perfect target for Igni (which will likely be more played as players figure out the mode), so have a bigger unit on the row you play this.

-Artefact compression - no, im not joking. I use this in my seasonal decks and it will either do a massive reset or stop a troublesome unit like a Keldar, Ciri, Ciri Dash, Damien, etc. and its very cheap
-Nivellen or other movement - this is the ace in my sleeve. Good players vs good players, play around Yrden. But movement can make you Yrden so much better than your opponent.

I hope this helps, and makes players enjoy this mode more. I didnt share decklists on purpose, but anyone who read this guide can recreate my SK or NR decks and win pretty much everytime. Good luck!
Well, Just beat a skellige and NR decks in a row with my NG deck.

Maybe i am too Good or Maybe i am Lucky hehehhe

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, Just beat a skellige and NR decks in a row with my NG deck.

Maybe i am too Good or Maybe i am Lucky hehehhe

I havent fully explored NG in this mode. I've faced a few, and beat most 2-0, but i dont think they had good decks for this mode. I do think NG is the only one that might have a chance against SK and NR witcher student spam.

Im curious, does your deck run Ball? Is it assimilate? Do you use units like Damien/Skellen to take advantage of the lack of control in this mode?

Well, you can use two Blessings AND Haern because Quartermaster is good.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, you can use two Blessings AND Haern because Quartermaster is good.

True, and he's probably worth it even for 8 prov. I just said that because i see most using Haern Caduch and not a single freya's blessing.

I played a lot today, and saw a huge shift in what i've faced, definitely way more SK than yesterday, probably 50-50 tied with NR now, and sure to surpass it as it's objectively better.

I've faced a few MO, ST and one SY. Most didnt even go past Round 1, the only one of those that gave me a challenge was a really good Invigorate player with tons of Geralts.

And playing my subpar SK (because im using Ursine Ritual for the humiliation of winning without leader), ive beaten all NGs and lost to NR only once, only mirror matches against optimized SK were able to beat my deck.
Post automatically merged:

Been playing NG on Seasonal, which changed my mind about it - its much better than i thought and can definitely keep up with NR and SK, specially since there are only 2 decks going around in this mode and you can tech pretty well against them.

Therefore, i will edit and update my guide - create a NG section and change my ratings of the factions.

Last edited:
I havent fully explored NG in this mode. I've faced a few, and beat most 2-0, but i dont think they had good decks for this mode. I do think NG is the only one that might have a chance against SK and NR witcher student spam.

Im curious, does your deck run Ball? Is it assimilate? Do you use units like Damien/Skellen to take advantage of the lack of control in this mode?
Well! Iff you dont mind, i dont like to share my decks.

Specially its seem since i said here NG its Goodbib this seasonal i am facing a lot os NG players now

True, and he's probably worth it even for 8 prov. I just said that because i see most using Haern Caduch and not a single freya's blessing.

I played a lot today, and saw a huge shift in what i've faced, definitely way more SK than yesterday, probably 50-50 tied with NR now, and sure to surpass it as it's objectively better.

I've faced a few MO, ST and one SY. Most didnt even go past Round 1, the only one of those that gave me a challenge was a really good Invigorate player with tons of Geralts.

And playing my subpar SK (because im using Ursine Ritual for the humiliation of winning without leader), ive beaten all NGs and lost to NR only once, only mirror matches against optimized SK were able to beat my deck.

Been playing NG on Seasonal, which changed my mind about it - its much better than i thought and can definitely keep up with NR and SK, specially since there are only 2 decks going around in this mode and you can tech pretty well against them.

Therefore, i will edit and update my guide - create a NG section and change my ratings of the factions.
Well, as i said, for me NG its One off The Best faction in this seasonal.

In fact, almost in all The seasonal NG has The Best engine. Some seasonal you can find a better faction, but NG Will problably tech very well top.

I hate NG in The "normal" game, and i am tired of saying that (special play against NG). But in seasonal this faction its The coolest One

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hmm my rating of NG has to go up again. I mean, i played around 15 matches with my deck, mostly against NR and SK and havent lost a single time.

The SK and NR decks are purepointspammers, but they are countered in the same way by NG - use their own cards against them and exploit how little control they have.

Locks are so cheap and amazing. They play 2-3 Quartermasters? Locked. Meanwhile, as NG i play 4-5 Quartermasters and not a single one is countered. And against NR its Keldar, i can often get 2, by using Doublecross leader earlier on R3, when they play theirs, i Yen Invo it and replay it.

And then there's Yrden, the gamechanger. I think most players are mulliganing it on R1 because they want to leave it for R3... i stole so, so many, got so many forfeits on R1/2, way more than i did with the NR and SK decks.

NG vs SK (Seasonal).jpg

NG Quartermaster Spam 2.jpg

NG Keldar Rush.jpg

I thought this year, this mode might be more challenging for me, but that didnt happen, its just like last year: insane winrates anyone would wish they had for standard mode, so easy not even bad draws screw you over.

I thought this year, this mode might be more challenging for me, but that didnt happen, its just like last year: insane winrates anyone would wish they had for standard mode, so easy not even bad draws screw you over.

I mentioned in another thread having a good run in seasonal mode with a tall mon deck. Pretty much after posting that, my mon deck sucked. Today I played a similar deck to yours, with the witchers in Nor deck. I got some wins and I didn't really have to put too much thought in building that deck. Which I like. But it does get boring, in general, if you spank your opponent. In general, my decks get spanked a lot. It's boring either way. The game isn't designed to be equally matched, I don't think. The devs are constantly having to make changes to their changes because people aren't finding the changes balanced.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I mentioned in another thread having a good run in seasonal mode with a tall mon deck. Pretty much after posting that, my mon deck sucked. Today I played a similar deck to yours, with the witchers in Nor deck. I got some wins and I didn't really have to put too much thought in building that deck. Which I like. But it does get boring, in general, if you spank your opponent. In general, my decks get spanked a lot. It's boring either way. The game isn't designed to be equally matched, I don't think. The devs are constantly having to make changes to their changes because people aren't finding the changes balanced.

Well, the devs simply dont bother with balance regarding seasonal modes, since even if there's a super powerful strategy that comes up, next month the seasonal mode shifts, problem solved.

But this particular seasonal mode, wolf seasonal, its definitely not balanced, which doesnt mean it cant be fun.
The NR and SK are very favoured, due to their ability to spam a ton of points with witcher students, but like you said, it gets boring very fast, even if you're winning all the time.

With other factions, you have no chance unless you play smart and use decks and strategies tailored for this mode and to counter SK and NR, because what's good in standard mode isnt good enough here - for example, Usurper (12 prov) plays for 18pts in this mode, meanwhile SK has Armor up (5 prov) that plays for 17pts in this mode, almost the same, and you can have multiple.

I can see why Monsters pointslam isnt so bad in this mode - usually the only tall counter most players use is Yrden, which counters Ozzrel and thrive units but not tall monsters. But your pointslam is still worse than witcher spam, that's because in this mode engines, specially 1 pt per turn engines (like thrive), cant compete with witcher pointslam.

Grasses mode has to be the worst mode since race mode. With race mode, it was “play on mobile”” and you lose. Here it’s “don’t own Yrden” and you lose.

Yes, I own enough scraps I could forge Yrden if I wished. But I refuse to be manipulated that way. No one mode should absolutely depend upon owning some particular card.

P.S. I really appreciate the guide — it is very helpful. It is just the mode that I find bad.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, on my recent guide, i mentioned the superiority of NR and SK on this Wolf Seasonal Mode (and added NG can also keep up by using the tools of those factions when facing them).

And i said the other 3 factions weren't good enough for this mode... Well im crazy, so i decided to try them out and come up with specific strategies to have a chance against the top 3 ones, but beware this is an uphill battle.

[GUIDE TO WOLF SEASONAL MODE - PART 2, THE UNDERDOG FACTIONS (ST, MO, SY)]

Note: First of all, know most NR and SK opponents will try to 2-0 you or force your Yrden R2 if they see you're using an inferior faction - this is the greatest danger, because winning R3 is actually quite doable on even cards.

In truth, any faction can win. How? Yrden is the essential, game-deciding factor, each player tries to hold it as his finisher. Bad players wont play around it and rowstack, average players distribute their units on each row, but what about good players?

Good players, or should i say good deckbuilders, know the value of MOVEMENT in this mode.
Even a simple bronze move unit can be worth more than a lot of golds, and multi-movement units like Nivellen, Geralt Aard or Malena can be worth more than an Igni, second only to Yrden itself.

I've played probably almost 100 seasonal matches this season, and havent seen anyone else but me using Nivellen and Malena, and only 2 (recently) using Aard.
Note Nivellen is just better than Aard, since its 2 provision cheaper, same point body (Aard has 1+ if Vesemir Mentor used), the Aard damage doesnt matter since its just used for an Yrden reset, but more importantly, Aard can only be used to push 3 from melee to ranged, and is stopped by defender, while Nivellen can move any 3 adjacent units.

The 2nd advice for all factions, specially the ones below, is to pack 2 locks: artefact compression and a 7prov unit lock.
They will NEVER be unworthy, they can counter many 'make or break' enemy units and improve your odds.

The 3rd and final neutral advice, is Ciri. Specially when you're using a weaker faction and are on blue coin, it can be used to avoid losing CA, although i've seen an increase in artefact compression use lately.

SCOIATAEL
I tried a Precision Strike list, with Scorch, Igni and Yrden. Honestly, the scorch was always crappy because of Initiative, as soon as my opponents saw me using 1ping units to line them up they played around it.
Igni is a bit better, since on long rounds, they always go over 35pts on a row (and i have Malena), so as much as they tried to deny it putting a much bigger unit on the row, it wasnt enough and i got huge Ignis.

But the MVP really is Malena+Yrden. My Malena was never countered, and it just gives you total control of the board.
Also, Novigrad Justice is still great in this mode, plays for 21pts (still has a terrible point/provision ratio vs NR and SK bronze pointslammers, but the thinning is worth it).
A leader alternative is Guerrilla Tactics, that way you dont need Malena, but Igni/Scorch isnt as good with that leader.
Also, i didnt use Gezras because everything will be reset, and careful if Cat Witchers are used, as their pings can mess up a Igni line-up.

MONSTERS
There are a LOT of MO cards that are just worthless in this mode, but not all.
Scenario is not worth it IMO. Tall units are decent, except Ozzrel and Imlerith, which are countered by Yrden.
I think the only thrive worth it is endrega larvae, plays immediately for 10 due to armor, but i play them R1 to dodge the reset.

What i used was OH consume with Ruehin and Dethlaff HV, and they provide tons of points (but also vulnerable to reset, so i only used single consume units, specially on R3.
Caranthir works great with Ruehin, Dethlaff HV and Manticore, since those are insta-triggered.
You can counter many opening engines with Predatory Dives and Manticore+charge.
I havent tried but Idarran+Koschey might also work, but you must really distribute your points well, since all the value on endrega larvae is boosts and prone to reset.

SYNDICATE
Disclaimer: havent tried this faction yet, but i strongly suspect there are 2 decks that might work here.
But beware, they are EXTREME MEME POWER, and are probably harder to pilot:

1. Salamander Nuke
You know how it works, play salamander twice, all the board except veil units dies (so, use Veil units). There's the Syanna version (salamander effect twice in 1 turn) and the Renew version (2 turns for 2 salamanders). Since salamander is 1pt, it autokills itself and you dont need to spend 1 turn doing that.
The good part about this deck is you can also Yrden to win R1 or survive a bleed R2, as you wont need it on R3, as this strategy might be the only thing more effective than Yrden (when it works).

2. Infinite Points Deck
This is a deck i found and tried last year on this mode, and it works, but requires a lot of setup.
What you need are:
-at least 3 firesworn scribe, which give you a coin each time you spawn a unit
-Helveed, since he's the only unit that can spawn infinite units as long as you have coin
-a unit to spend the infinite coins you get from the units mentioned above OR 2 fallen knights/eternal fire priests, one on each row

This strategy works in this mode because the units spawned by Helveed instantly die, but you get the coins, and you dont run out of space like you do if try this in regular mode.
With this strategy, you NEED to be boosting both rows (with blacksmith, or a urchin/jackal or the knights/priests), since one will be hit with Yrden.
In theory, it provides infinite points, but you are actually limited by the timer and animations. If you click fast enough, you can definitely get more points than broken NR and SK on one row than they in both, its hilarious. Good luck! :cool:

I appreciate your suggestions on playing this mode with different factions. Once I got over the notion that the playing field had to be fair, and accepted I would be disadvantaged without Yrden, I actually started to enjoy the mode. Switching from NR to NG also helped. I don’t know whether NG is consistently better, but it’s much better with my card collection.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I appreciate your suggestions on playing this mode with different factions. Once I got over the notion that the playing field had to be fair, and accepted I would be disadvantaged without Yrden, I actually started to enjoy the mode. Switching from NR to NG also helped. I don’t know whether NG is consistently better, but it’s much better with my card collection.

Thanks, although i stress again: using ST, MO or SY on seasonal is only for the worst of masochists, as players will constantly push you and try to 2-0 and any long round strategies for R3 will fall short. Today i played SY and almost broke my PC trying to pull the double salamander combo just a couple of times, as every single idiot using NR and SK will try to 2-0, and its not even because they sense an ulterior plan, its because they know the faction you're using is inferior.

But regarding NG; even though its not very used it can definitely beat NR and SK, its the only faction i got 100% winrate on this mode, you just need to lock absolutely everything and steal and copy all their valuable engines:
SK plays 3 bear quartermasters? You lock those 3 and play 6 quartermasters and teach them who's boss.

In theory you dont even need Yrden with NG, you can just use Doublecross and use your opponents (yesterday i faced one opponent doing this to me, after he stole my Oneiro, and i only won by a small margin because i used Yrden early, on 4 cards, so he wouldnt get it when he used Leader - he would have won if he had a Yrden of his own though)

(EDIT) this is a tried NG strategy that works, doesnt mean others dont.
I wouldnt recommend Assimilate, due to resets, but Ball seems good, and i think Madoc+Letho KS are also great on this mode.

Top Bottom