MO overkill on row changing (!?)

+
So... first I want to say I hate the new gameplay direction they are taking with the MO faction. Mobility and changing rows used to be a part of ST identity but now they're throwing that into MO to force the idea of Frost for Monsters. Now with the addition of the new MO leader that allows you move opponents cards to different rows I conclude that MO has just an overkill with row-change abilities, leading to cards like defenders or row-locked cards being pretty weak (or rather say USELESS) vs MO and I find this to be rather annoying. I mean look: Drowners, WHBs, leader ability with 2 charges, then the possibility of neutral cards that swap places AND Auberon can spawn and play one more WHB so that's even more effing movement! ... It's just too damn much moving!

Okay, that was the interlude, now for an actual suggestion.
-This is the most mild thing I can possibly think of to nerf the movement manipulation: Swap the conditions for the Wild Hunt Bruiser (WHB) so that the 2 dmg is unconditional BUT the move ability is conditioned by having to have Frost on the enemy side of the field.
This way at least you would slightly limit their ability to move stuff around which they have too much of right now but getting damage in is still always good to have.

Honestly though I'd prefer if the Frost leader would just lose the ability to move cards to the other row. But if not that then something else please. Throwing frost down isn't really that fun imo.
I think the devs just had tunnel vision in trying to make the Frost work so they pumped tons of row changing abilities to MO without even thinking that row changing is useful much more then just getting cards into Frost area of effect.

So... first I want to say I hate the new gameplay direction they are taking with the MO faction. Mobility and changing rows used to be a part of ST identity but now they're throwing that into MO to force the idea of Frost for Monsters. Now with the addition of the new MO leader that allows you move opponents cards to different rows I conclude that MO has just an overkill with row-change abilities, leading to cards like defenders or row-locked cards being pretty weak (or rather say USELESS) vs MO and I find this to be rather annoying. I mean look: Drowners, WHBs, leader ability with 2 charges, then the possibility of neutral cards that swap places AND Auberon can spawn and play one more WHB so that's even more effing movement! ... It's just too damn much moving!

Okay, that was the interlude, now for an actual suggestion.
-This is the most mild thing I can possibly think of to nerf the movement manipulation: Swap the conditions for the Wild Hunt Bruiser (WHB) so that the 2 dmg is unconditional BUT the move ability is conditioned by having to have Frost on the enemy side of the field.
This way at least you would slightly limit their ability to move stuff around which they have too much of right now but getting damage in is still always good to have.

Honestly though I'd prefer if the Frost leader would just lose the ability to move cards to the other row. But if not that then something else please. Throwing frost down isn't really that fun imo.
I think the devs just had tunnel vision in trying to make the Frost work so they pumped tons of row changing abilities to MO without even thinking that row changing is useful much more then just getting cards into Frost area of effect.
I don't really see a reason why this should be changed. MO has cards that are row limited as well, it's something everyone has to deal with, in fact because of deathwish they probably have the least amount of cards with deploy effects. MO cards almost always require interaction or secondary card to be useful so Bruiser was a welcomed addition for it lacking control options. Adding to that, white Frost is very weak as is. Removing movement would make it even less playable

DRK3

Forum veteran
Disagree with the suggestion. Frost, as a MO archetype is already pretty weak, at least for this particular meta, if it doesnt have movement it will be even weaker.

The new WH units, that provide cheap movement and purify for MO are great units, unfortunately they're not enough to make frost viable, because so much of that frost damage is absorbed by shields or armor or selfdamage/heal units.

Also, defenders are definitely not weak, maybe it will fail to provide the protection you want to a fragile rowlocked unit, but on the other hand, the MO frost player is wasting damage and movements on defender, which are always heavily armored, and then the opponent can simply start playing remaining engines on the new defender row.

It's a necessary evil when frost exists. I do see where you're coming from with ST losing their movement identity but it is what it is.
Hopefully they won't muddle faction identities more than this. In the beta it got real ugly when ST got better at resurrecting than SK at one point.

It's a necessary evil when frost exists. I do see where you're coming from with ST losing their movement identity but it is what it is.
Hopefully they won't muddle faction identities more than this. In the beta it got real ugly when ST got better at resurrecting than SK at one point.
That's unavoidable but the execution doesn't have to be the same. ST has units that benefit from movement, MO doesn't so this is a far cry from being the same. Otherwise we can accuse ST Nature's Gift of copying Arachas Swarm...."playing nature cards spawning a token"....same thing with organic cards by his definition.

As long as they cards or mechanics are different enough I don't see an issue. When you have binary cards that can make or break a game you'll have to have ways to counter across factions. The devs don't appear to have figured that out yet but you can't just out play something like shield wall with your faction "identity", it requires a binary action unless you give everyone an equally broken leader... My suggestion....less removals in the game including duel.

Ahhh, yes, one resurrection that is just barely even to one of 8 SK resurrect cards and another which was quickly abandoned after returning dwarven skirmishers to their original state is sooo much better... and if you try to bring sages as "resurrection card" I'll have to remind you that they were interacting with specials, not units (and very specific ones).
The only decks that could count as "better at resurrecting than SK" (and those had half as much resurrections as SK) were alchemy and slave infantry NG.

Ahhh, yes, one resurrection that is just barely even to one of 8 SK resurrect cards and another which was quickly abandoned after returning dwarven skirmishers to their original state is sooo much better... and if you try to bring sages as "resurrection card" I'll have to remind you that they were interacting with specials, not units (and very specific ones).
The only decks that could count as "better at resurrecting than SK" (and those had half as much resurrections as SK) were alchemy and slave infantry NG.
Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. All I recall is being disgusted by it.
I totally forgot NG were resurrecting as well. That was crazy.

- The WF (White Frost) Leader ability imo is lame af and it's only redeeming quality is it's movement aspect, combined with the WHBs makes for a somehow decent ability.

- Let's be frank now, no one would give a rat's @$$ :coolstory: if tomorrow WF was removed from the game, I know I wouldn't.
We got already 2 cards that can give the WH some ice cubes reliably enough, one of them being the most lousy-stingy Echo card of em all.
We all would be better off with the beloved and currently lost "Death's Shadow" or something else altogether.
Imo WF must be boosted somehow, not nerfed...
...but you don't have to take my word for it, we'll see how many used it at the end of the month.

Last edited:
- The WF (White Frost) Leader ability imo is lame af and it's only redeeming quality is it's movement aspect, combined with the WHBs makes for a somehow decent ability.

- Let's be frank now, no one would give a rat's @$$ :coolstory: if tomorrow WF was removed from the game, I know I wouldn't.
We got already 2 cards that can give the WH some ice cubes reliably enough, one of them being the most lousy-stingy Echo card of em all.
We all would be better off with the beloved and currently lost "Death's Shadow" or something else altogether.
Imo WF must be boosted somehow, not nerfed...
...but you don't have to take my word for it, we'll see how many used it at the end of the month.
Agree with everything

white frost is complete garbage. I used carapace before the patch for my WH deck (theme deck, no scenario etc) and after this patch it's probably even better than before to protect cards like nithral, eredin, wild hunt hound (actually decent with veil at immediate 7, especially round 1). it's still kind of meme-tier especially since I even use imlerith, but I actually have a pretty good winrate outside of pro rank.

white frost needs a complete redesign imo but we all know it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Top Bottom