[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
many times he stated that he don't tolerate such requests, it is in faq

Well FYI, there's also something about 'not gonna change this and that on just anyone's request' on that FAQ. And for the last few pages, I ain't seeing anything but that.
At this point, I'm happy with whatever the update 2.2 has to offer.

Hooly shit what happened here ! And here I was getting hyped for the next release all by myself to come back and only see desolation. I understand your frustration essenthy and if you read this, know that the majority of people visiting your thread will happily welcome your work with or without yellow tint because regardless of any colour correction you might add, your mod greatly improves lighting overall. You should really try to focus on these people.
Again, your mod made me keep playing this game and I'd really love to see your next update. And if you decide to just stop here, I'd like to thank you for your hard work in trying to make the game as it was showed to us before and improving its lighting in a way I didn't think possible.
This is a sad day for The witcher 3 modding comunity which is already not that big.

STLM is what made me to enjoy The Witcher 3 more. The vanilla version is great as it is, but adding the atmosphere essenthy has created by adding the mod to the game made it much more enjoyable and definitely (and I believe we all do) am waiting for an update to do second (I play very rarely :p ) playthrough! Appreciate your resources put into development and I hope you still have a will to continue

Sad indeed, that is what happens when you have to many people that believe they are entitled to anything.And what if @essenthy stated obvious,he is working on this mod in his own taste, if you share his taste you are welcome to thank him and download the mod, is that so hard to comprehend. @essenthy i hope you can stand above all this.And if not, thank you for everything. To bad we will not see more of this masterpiece. THANK YOU @essenthy, i hope we have not crossed the line with you. And we are still on your good side. And we remain happy witcher family :D

All of this over a tint which is nothing more than a simple opinion based on preference? Some people will dislike things that others like. Some people will like things that others dislike. It's how opinions work and it shouldn't be something to upset anyone especially when the opinions weren't presented in an inappropriate manner.

Regardless of the tint preference I'm sure everyone can agree that STLM looks incredible and adds so much to the experience.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. If the only posts allowed are the positive ones, and ANYTHING negative is to be silenced and forbidden, what's the point of opening a thread in a forum in the first place.

A mod said it before, people can say whatever they want as long as they don't break rules. Somebody likes a certain feature? He's free to say it. Somebody don't like a certain feature? He's equally free to say it. You don't like people expressing a dislike? Ignore them, you can't demand them to shut up because you're oversensitive about it.

He did the mod according to his own taste and won't take into account anything people say about it? Legit, fine. But that doesn't mean people should be forbidden to express a negative opinion about it, are we crazy? Gimme a break.

It's simple , he made the mod to get close as possible of first trailers,
so if you have negative comments to make, you can of course do so, from these trailers, not relative to your taste.

Reading it's too green , it's too gray, compared to your taste , it's just boring.

So the point of opening a thread is to talk with people who understood the purpose of STLM.

Last edited:
Amy's Baking Company :p

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

Attachments

• 1440118439500.png
    1440118439500.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 53
Far better than Vanilla, could be purple for all i care. Id recommend reshade profiles, if they do infact change the tone (havent used it with STLM) if you personally dont like it. The mod's goal is to suit his purposes and not ours.

He did the mod according to his own taste and won't take into account anything people say about it? Legit, fine. But that doesn't mean people should be forbidden to express a negative opinion about it, are we crazy? Gimme a break.

My thoughts exactly. I love STLM,but not every aspect of it. By I understand essenthy in a way. Modding witcher 3 seems like a nightmare and this man has invested so much of his free time into trying to merely understand how the fucking game works. The way I see it, it sometimes gets to him, and I can't judge him for that.

What kinda puts me off is the amount of people who are quick to bash any negative(or anything they think is negative??) opinion expressed here. At times I think certain people here just want to appease essenthy, for reasons unknown to me.

Anyway, I am waiting for the new STLM like everybody else and it saddens me that essenthy has decided to drift away from the forums, especially when this decision was made over such a minor dispute.

EDIT: Also,I respect the fact that essenthy makes this mod according to his own taste, but at the same time cannot accept that he doesn't care for peoples opinions. He wouldn't paste all those screens here,he wouldn't even start a thread, he wouldn't upload the mod on nexus, were that the case.

Last edited:
Anyway, I am waiting for the new STLM like everybody else and it saddens me that essenthy has decided to drift away from the forums, especially when this decision was made over such a minor dispute.

EDIT: Also,I respect the fact that essenthy makes this mod according to his own taste, but at the same time cannot accept that he doesn't care for peoples opinions. He wouldn't paste all those screens here,he wouldn't even start a thread, he wouldn't upload the mod on nexus, were that the case.

I'll be blunt here: There's no need to constantly post screenshot updates. With all the million other variations that occur in the game's lighting, a couple of screenshots really doesn't tell us much about the final build and it just gets people on here overly-hyped, spamming the thread with requests. I appreciate his work, but the amount of times this thread has been bumped is ridiculous. Three versions later, we're at 200+ pages. It'd be enjoyable to read if there was any real modding discussion going on but most of it is just "Shit looks good but UH, CAN YOU CHANGE THIS?" Hardly a single user on the Nexus can leave a compliment without throwing some personal request in there.

Posting updates on here just gets people on edge thinking it's about to be released. A simple album on imgur would be suffice.

I'll be blunt here: There's no need to constantly post screenshot updates. With all the million other variations that occur in the game's lighting, a couple of screenshots really doesn't tell us much about the final build and it just gets people on here overly-hyped, spamming the thread with requests. I appreciate his work, but the amount of times this thread has been bumped is ridiculous. Three versions later, we're at 200+ pages. It'd be enjoyable to read if there was any real modding discussion going on but most of it is just "Shit looks good but UH, CAN YOU CHANGE THIS?" Hardly a single user on the Nexus can leave a compliment without throwing some personal request in there.

Posting updates on here just gets people on edge thinking it's about to be released. A simple album on imgur would be suffice.

While I don't necessarily disagree with any of what you said, I don't see why it is relevant to what you quoted. :p

EDIT: And I don't think it was blunt either.

Also,I respect the fact that essenthy makes this mod according to his own taste, but at the same time cannot accept that he doesn't care for peoples opinions. He wouldn't paste all those screens here,he wouldn't even start a thread, he wouldn't upload the mod on nexus, were that the case.

I think he does care, if it was objective and constructive, saying i dont like the yellow tone or other such subjective opinions after putting in a lot of your free time especially when you like it yourself cant be that useful, that is what i take from his "useless comments" anyway. There is a lot of people posting in this thread at times, and they will all like it to suit there own needs or posting thanks and what have you. It happens when something gets popular, i remember totalbiscuit talking about when he got more and more subscribers and they would all post requests and comments and nice things, and nasty things, he called it a death by a thousand cuts. While it might not be as extreme in this case you can get the idea. Im surprised he still reads this thread.

Last edited:
I think he does care, if it was objective and constructive saying i dont like the yellow tone or other such subjective opinions after putting in a lot of your free time especially when you like it yourself cant be that useful, that is what i take from his "useless comments" anyway.

Sure, some comments are stupid. But to some degree, aesthetics are subjective. Some people like it, others don't. How can criticism over a graphics mod be 100% objective anyway? Ye, I get it. It is supposed to look like vgx and E3. Still people will bring their personal taste into this and it is perfectly normal. And one shouldn't get pissed at it. He(essenthy) chooses what to share and we choose how to react to it.

And btw, saying "I like this better" or "I like this part of the mod but dislike that part" is not a request. I don't think people expressing their opinions here demand that essenthy fulfill their own vision of how W3 should look. However, it seems that in this thread, every answer to "negative" comments(that is,comments expressing a different opinion) is "make your own mod" , "don't install it" , "you are disrespectful to the author". And in my opinion, we don't need any of that...

If Essenthy share a SS with yellow tint for look like vgx trailer, there is nothing to say positive or negative, its the GOAL of the mod. Maybe you could have an idea to improve that and share the idea. But if you hate the color of the trailer then don't use a mod who try to replicate that.

SS without yellow tint was lovely, maybe i prefer them, dunno, but it's not how Velen looks like in trailer, so i have nothing to say, i know the goal of STLM, and i know Essenthy and others doesn't care of my taste.

You can hate it, love it, it's just irrelevant for the purpose of the thread.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. If the only posts allowed are the positive ones, and ANYTHING negative is to be silenced and forbidden, what's the point of opening a thread in a forum in the first place.

A mod said it before, people can say whatever they want as long as they don't break rules. Somebody likes a certain feature? He's free to say it. Somebody don't like a certain feature? He's equally free to say it. You don't like people expressing a dislike? Ignore them, you can't demand them to shut up because you're oversensitive about it.

This x1000. Essenthy is a great modder who has released a great product. I love STLM and use it myself. Having said that, there's no need to kiss up to him or defend him. This is forum, people will have different opinions and express them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You need to have thicker skin if you are going to be offended if someone has a different opinion.

There is a funny story about modding. To mod, you need a lot of time, which you generally get by being young, having no familly to take care of, and globally a lot of time on your own. The double edge to that sword is that youth makes you impetuous, and technically, not very wise. You get to learn to be disappointed with age, and generally, when you start working, and being paid for it, you often get to a point where you end up extremely happy of your work, and notice others will not necessarily share your view.

I guess that's something @essenthy seems to be learning by now. You can do a very good job, and still have people unhappy with it. There is nothing wrong with that, the world is made of different people, and each different person constitute an opinion. More importantly, the work @essenthy is doing is close to "art", because any of his change is purely subjective. We all can argue all day what's better here and there, there ain't a single aspect of STLM than is inherently better than vanilla, they are different vision, period. The best we can do is to respect this work and use it to our taste, or not.

Now, I fully agree with @Ramon242. Too much hype here, forum thread is not the right medium for it. Get yourself a blog, an instagram, whatever, inform your followers via this mean of the work, but entertaining a thread where dozens of people will come and get on your nerves (as you definitely have a hot blood), is not doing you, or anyone here, any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom