Monster Consume is best deck and Ranking points does not work for top players

+
Monster Consume is best deck and Ranking points does not work for top players

First I post screenshot of my winrate from Gwent tracker to prove the point:

winrate.jpg

When I started to play with this deck I was already at rank 15 and I had around 4000 ranking points. Now after 40 more games with other rank 14-15 players with absolutely insane 78% winrate, I still have just 4017 ranking points. I really doubt anybody could have there significantly better winrate. So climbing on top is absolutely not about skill but how lucky you are in your pairings and if you have patience to abort search before 30 sec so you are not paired down too much. You will still be paired down, so even if you manage to win 3 out 4 games, you will mostly likely just keep your points. Only chance to climb up is to get lucky and get paired with players with same or more points couple of games in row. I really did not like how big difference is there between loosing and winning against player with just 100 points below you. Gwent is still card game with lot of luck involved so even best player could loose to some really bad player that got lucky.

As for which is currently best deck, I think winrate speak for itself, also most my looses are from other Monster deck, though mostly with weather decks, which is by far most problematic match up for monster consume.

exie;n7787200 said:
Could you post your decklist please? I would like to rank up too.
You can't just copy someone's deck and expect it to work, His deck might be built to counter Radovid Control which is extremely popular in the higher ranks.

Tamacountry13;n7787330 said:
You can't just copy someone's deck and expect it to work, His deck might be built to counter Radovid Control which is extremely popular in the higher ranks.

Hmm that's true, I see a lot of Weather Monsters as well around 2900 mmr where I am, and that counters it.

Yea I think system is weird. But not as crazy as in your case... Also I want to point out that some top ranking players do not have insane win rates.

Maybe you are queuing too long? Remember to re-queue before 30secs or you will match up against lower MMR...

thesums7;n7789630 said:
Yea I think system is weird. But not as crazy as in your case... Also I want to point out that some top ranking players do not have insane win rates.

Maybe you are queuing too long? Remember to re-queue before 30secs or you will match up against lower MMR...

Yeah, I know I should re-quene before 30 sec and most of time I do this. But it could be sometimes super frustrating, because when you are so high, there is very few players with same points and it is not uncommon to abort quene more than 20 times in row even at busy hours, so sometimes I give up and wait a minute, before I cancel. Maybe if there was opinion that you would prefer to wait longer to get paired to player with same points, because this wait I will be able to doing something else when I'm waiting. But it is really hard to do anything when you need re-open quene each 30 sec and also problem is that sometimes cancel button is quite unresponsive.

exie;n7787200 said:
Could you post your decklist please? I would like to rank up too.

Here is my original build, thought it is nothing special. I played around 1/3 of games with it, before I made some changes. I did not want post my current build, so I can surprise my opponent. I did not build it super tailored to anything else, but if you see lot of weather deck on your rank, you should probably try Radovid control instead, though this version play two Archgriffins, so it is not completely hopeless. Also you can see against which decks I played. I think 100% NR was Radovid control and 80% ST was dvarwes, monsters was like 50/50 split between weather and consume.

I also want point out that this deck probably hardest to play perfectly and there is lot of tricky interactions. Also I pay it little differently than most players. I always try use Crones as card advantage. That means that against non-monster deck I nearly always open with Crone and pass, so I gave first round for 2 card advantage, because in most games opponent is forced play 3 cards to beat crones and you are left with 7 - 9 power unit on board, so it will be super hard for you opponent to gain card advantage back in second round. That also means I never ever mulligan third card unless I'm missing Crone or I just mulliganed 2 crones and maybe, but just maybe if I'm missing Nekker. If you will be interested and I will have time I could write little longer guide eventually.

consume.jpg

Attachments

• consume.jpg
    consume.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 69
very similiar to mine, but one question: how do you deal with the 3 strenght arachas that remains on battlefield in place of vran??
it s bit annoying see a +20 vran discarded in favour of an arahcas

At the moment it seems that -2 Arachas +2 Ekimmara is better for more consume buffs because the spiders mess up your passive AND most people hate the spiders zerg and they simply thunder down your arachas asap. They are afraid of last turn grave hug over 9000.

Isi23_23;n7791520 said:
Here is my original build, thought it is nothing special. I played around 1/3 of games with it, before I made some changes. I did not want post my current build, so I can surprise my opponent. I did not build it super tailored to anything else, but if you see lot of weather deck on your rank, you should probably try Radovid control instead, though this version play two Archgriffins, so it is not completely hopeless. Also you can see against which decks I played. I think 100% NR was Radovid control and 80% ST was dvarwes, monsters was like 50/50 split between weather and consume.

I also want point out that this deck probably hardest to play perfectly and there is lot of tricky interactions. Also I pay it little differently than most players. I always try use Crones as card advantage. That means that against non-monster deck I nearly always open with Crone and pass, so I gave first round for 2 card advantage, because in most games opponent is forced play 3 cards to beat crones and you are left with 7 - 9 power unit on board, so it will be super hard for you opponent to gain card advantage back in second round. That also means I never ever mulligan third card unless I'm missing Crone or I just mulliganed 2 crones and maybe, but just maybe if I'm missing Nekker. If you will be interested and I will have time I could write little longer guide eventually.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah Crones give CA very easily, unless the opponent plays rain/Coral or something. I've actually faced a few opponents who played Crones and passed for easy card advantage. It kinda proves how OP they are at the moment.

Isi23_23;n7791130 said:
Yeah, I know I should re-quene before 30 sec and most of time I do this. But it could be sometimes super frustrating, because when you are so high, there is very few players with same points and it is not uncommon to abort quene more than 20 times in row even at busy hours, so sometimes I give up and wait a minute, before I cancel. Maybe if there was opinion that you would prefer to wait longer to get paired to player with same points, because this wait I will be able to doing something else when I'm waiting. But it is really hard to do anything when you need re-open quene each 30 sec and also problem is that sometimes cancel button is quite unresponsive.

Agree 100 percent.

Snfonseka;n7814790 said:
Using crones and pass doen't work if your opponent have witchers.

He will still need to play 2 cards to beat your one, so it is OK, especially when you play first. Also you keep 7-9 power unit for next round, which is quite advantage, normally it is hard to control, which unit you will keep, because Vran Warrior messes with monster passive. Also most commonly Witchers are played in Dwarves and trying to win first round against them is worst idea ever if you did not play removals.

Poor monsters, poor, poor monsters. How could CDPR allow such nonsense?! Arachas instead of a 20+ Buffed Vran to stay on the battlefield! Disgraceful! We should all be ashamed by ourselves to even try and win against the poor monsters when they are at such a terrible disadvantage! It's like kicking a newborn kitten! From now on, when i face a monster consume deck i shall always forfeit at the start so that i can gift the poor weak monsters atleast a single victory in that day, AND I SHALL NOT STOP, until their passive works right and they get to keep their highest buffed unit on their side of the board, regardless of when it was played, so that they stand some chance to even win a single round!

detrufe6;n7816840 said:
Poor monsters, poor, poor monsters. How could CDPR allow such nonsense?! Arachas instead of a 20+ Buffed Vran to stay on the battlefield! Disgraceful! We should all be ashamed by ourselves to even try and win against the poor monsters when they are at such a terrible disadvantage! It's like kicking a newborn kitten! From now on, when i face a monster consume deck i shall always forfeit at the start so that i can gift the poor weak monsters atleast a single victory in that day, AND I SHALL NOT STOP, until their passive works right and they get to keep their highest buffed unit on their side of the board, regardless of when it was played, so that they stand some chance to even win a single round!

LOL, I agree that monster are currently OP. But I really did not like how inconsistent is monster passive right now, not to mention Nekkers are bugged and sometimes you did not get new one form deck when you should. But yeah, Crones, Vran Warrior and Nekkers probably need nerf, also monster passive could be too strong when you have control which units stay in play.

Well monsters passive depends what type of deck are u playing. If we are talking about consume and u are doing this behemoth cheese then yes probably your keep won't be great unless u play ekimma or something like that at the end but in monsters weather it's easy to keep big fogglet for example.

Top Bottom