Monster's Faction Ability

+

• Total voters

As a player who plays the Monster Faction primarily, I want to make a point on Faction Abilities. Every ability, with the exception of Monsters (Nilfgaard hasn't been released yet) is very reliable. Monsters has the only random ability, which makes it either among the best (keeping your 30 point Sarah on the field), or the worst, to the point of actually not doing ANYTHING (Foglets..... -_-).
I feel the game makes good on being focused on skill, even if the balance may be a bit skewed at the moment, and this Faction ability doesn't fit well for me.

My suggestion to fix this problem would be to change the ability to be more interactive and reliable. For example, it could keep the strongest unit on board (ties being solved randomly, or via rarity). This would mean that an opponent would actively try to debuff the strongest unit to make it less worthwhile to keep, while not crippling Monster players with the game giving them Foglets that'll die instantly. I can see that this may end up being too strong (I would disagree), but I feel as though it would be overall better for balancing the class.

As an avid (yet not professional) player of card games, I believe that randomness, in excess, can detract from the enjoyment that these games can provide. The Monsters Faction Ability is one major case of unnecessary randomness that holds the class back from the greatness it deserves. Feel free to disagree and make suggestions of your own.

This change is far, far to much. Its an free adrenalin rush, which will autoswitch to the best possible outcome.
I think the current ability is fine, it synergies well with absorb or just any non-spam tactic. Its like the NK ability wich synergies only well with gold units, and non other tactics.

Monsters faction ability is too random and weak and CDPR said it will be changed, afaik, prolly in the next patch. Since this faction is arguably the one who places on average more cards on the rows (foglets, wolves, elemental spawns, arachnas, nekkers) having a ability that randomly picks one is ridiculous and too random. And even more ridiculously weak when you compare other factions abilities.

Instead of picking the strongest by default, I'd go instead with picking ONLY non spawnable cards, which would exclude already a great deal of these low value cards.

Top Bottom