Move on.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the development team, and the community - I think you should move on. Please, just move on.

It sounds harsh, but I mean this with sincerity and affection.

Fix the game as much as needed to get out of hot water, and to where the game doesn't shit itself whenever you drive over 40 miles an hour perhaps, and move on.
No DLC, No expansions, no events, nothing. Don't even give people a hint that you may do something like that, though I don't think you would or should because it doesn't make sense.

You can use Night City again for the next installment, no one will care. People may actually enjoy it because they'll feel it's familiar but refreshing as they can now more deeply explore this city they admired X number of years ago. Maybe you expand the map a bit, finish the areas you didn't this time, and so on. Players still love goofing around in Liberty city more than a decade later. I would know as I'm one of those people. Perfect the streaming so that you can actually facilitate "Ahh, I need to get in there, and then you go and you're like 'ahh, I can't get in there" - Patrick K. Mills. Develop the proper AI systems, fix some of the weird visual issues like GI making the city look hacked to bits, or NPC eyes glowing when they're in shadow, maybe drop the looter shooter weapon system that make little sense for the game and actively fights the concept of iconic weapons imo, etc.

Barely anyone is still playing the game and you're not likely to get a considerable ROI for expansions, especially with the endings being what they are, as DLC engagement isn't very high with most SP games anyway - you know this. No more celebrity appearances, high profile musicians (the best music in the game is from 'no names', honestly). I get it that you have to market the game, and that is certainly expensive, but this was absurd especially when reflecting on the state of the final product and it's reception. No, the PC version is not something to be proud of. It's broken, from performance and AI to engine driven graphics features such as GI and light maps.

Again, please, move on and do it right next time. Same for the fans. Move on, stop hounding them, stop armchair developing, just go. You'll forget about this game soon enough, play something else, and come back when they have something better. It sold quite well, so there's good a reason for them to make another Cyberpunk game. There a plenty of reasons for them to not make another one like this though. Don't make yourself a part of that reason.

ps. Don't announce the game until you have something tangible this time, eh?

actually its not the fault of the dev team - its the fault of the greedy incompetent ceo leader board who didn't care the devs warning that the game wasn't even half ready for the market. don't blame the wrong people here please. with a bit of research you find information about what was cut of, that trailers and demos were fake-programmed on purpose, that the work started 4 years after first advertising, that the dev-boss changed and cut a lot without reason and that the game was just released for the xmas business to dbl tip the money on old and new gens. its all about the f*cking money and greedy ceos - not the devs which worked hard but were treated like dogs. there are so many hints for cut content still in the game that is nearly absurd to go live with the current version of a beta like this. again dont blame the dev team. blame the ones who control them.

Last edited:
Well this is a bum post. Imagine if every developer did this, just moved on cause there were a few bugs and problems just after launch. Do not move on, there is so much potential for this game with fixes and DLC. I can not wait to see what the team's do after they fix the issues that some people are experiencing.

This is exactly what they shouldn't do. This is what EA did with Andromeda, and Anthem, and the people who genuinely liked the games and couldn't wait to see where they went got royally screwed over because the companies listened to stupid crap like this instead of standing by their project.

Every single company should be learning from Hello Games and turning projects which get botched by miserably incompetent leadership into what they could and should have been in the first place after acknowledging their wrongdoing. The CP77 dev team is obviously incredibly talented and care a lot about their game and its world and they should absolutely be allowed to use that care and talent to see the project through.

Please don't listen to this kind of garbage idea. Please don't become EA.

Hardly anyone playing? 44,905 In-Game just on steam. 1/24 7:30 PM

{the game doesn't shit itself whenever you drive over 40 miles an hour}
Sounds to me like you have a serious computer problem and it's unable to render the game properly.
Eat the potato, don't try to play computer games on it.

I hate to do this but I'm going to use the word {Troll}...!!!

I just hope most of the cut content comes back when the major bugs are fixed.... the prolog with jacky as playable missions would be awesome, like the quest line with maxtac, the train feature, as well the underground map or even the weather system with kinds of acid rains... so much potential was just cut to make this "early" release... now the leaderboard saw what they actually done to the game and their own image... they hopefully give the dev team more freedom and control about the game - cause they know what's right not like the upper few dumpsters who just care the cashflow....

Well this is a bum post. Imagine if every developer did this, just moved on cause there were a few bugs and problems just after launch. Do not move on, there is so much potential for this game with fixes and DLC. I can not wait to see what the team's do after they fix the issues that some people are experiencing.

I am not super enthused for the DLC considering I don't see how any story post main mission could occur, and any side mission stuff ... The game is already made up of almost nothing but side missions. They had 3 years in pre-production and 4 for production to give us this? I fully admit I am in a bit of a depression right now, but goddamn.

Edit: To be clear, I desperately want all the bugs and glitches to be fixed and I am in no way done with the game. I just have lost a great deal of faith in CDPR due to the length of the story.

Last edited:
The biggest problem to me isn't the technical stuff, it's that all the gameplay systems are half baked and unbalance and the world outside of hte main storyline is not interactive and your choices don't matter.

Even if you waved a magic wand and fixed all the bugs and performance issues tomorrw, Cybpunker 2077 is still a very mediocre game at it's core.

IT has a cool setting, but still, a mediocre game in a cool setting.

To the development team, and the community - I think you should move on. Please, just move on.

It sounds harsh, but I mean this with sincerity and affection.

Fix the game as much as needed to get out of hot water, and to where the game doesn't shit itself whenever you drive over 40 miles an hour perhaps, and move on.
No DLC, No expansions, no events, nothing. Don't even give people a hint that you may do something like that, though I don't think you would or should because it doesn't make sense.

You can use Night City again for the next installment, no one will care. People may actually enjoy it because they'll feel it's familiar but refreshing as they can now more deeply explore this city they admired X number of years ago. Maybe you expand the map a bit, finish the areas you didn't this time, and so on. Players still love goofing around in Liberty city more than a decade later. I would know as I'm one of those people. Perfect the streaming so that you can actually facilitate "Ahh, I need to get in there, and then you go and you're like 'ahh, I can't get in there" - Patrick K. Mills. Develop the proper AI systems, fix some of the weird visual issues like GI making the city look hacked to bits, or NPC eyes glowing when they're in shadow, maybe drop the looter shooter weapon system that make little sense for the game and actively fights the concept of iconic weapons imo, etc.

Barely anyone is still playing the game and you're not likely to get a considerable ROI for expansions, especially with the endings being what they are, as DLC engagement isn't very high with most SP games anyway - you know this. No more celebrity appearances, high profile musicians (the best music in the game is from 'no names', honestly). I get it that you have to market the game, and that is certainly expensive, but this was absurd especially when reflecting on the state of the final product and it's reception. No, the PC version is not something to be proud of. It's broken, from performance and AI to engine driven graphics features such as GI and light maps.

Again, please, move on and do it right next time. Same for the fans. Move on, stop hounding them, stop armchair developing, just go. You'll forget about this game soon enough, play something else, and come back when they have something better. It sold quite well, so there's good a reason for them to make another Cyberpunk game. There a plenty of reasons for them to not make another one like this though. Don't make yourself a part of that reason.

ps. Don't announce the game until you have something tangible this time, eh?

Why though, I had a blast playing this game over 200+ hours on PC. I very much enjoyed and already hoping for more end game contents and DLCs etc..

I am not super enthused for the DLC considering I don't see how any story post main mission could occur, and any side mission stuff ... The game is already made up of almost nothing but side missions. They had 3 years in pre-production and 4 for production to give us this? I fully admit I am in a bit of a depression right now, but goddamn.

yet again - they started in 2016 and the new dev-boss changed a lot of concept and ideas from the gekko, removed 3rd person and even cutscenes, half of their work was just ditched - so please it could have been way better as the devs intended the game to be but decisions were made upon their heads. they only can try to work around this situation now... not easy for them as well but I think they will come up with some solutions to make it at least a bit more like the concept was in the first place... if there are still some of the original dev staff left they should have the inspiration and talent to work things out - at least that's my hope...

yet again - they started in 2016 and the new dev-boss changed a lot of concept and ideas from the gekko, removed 3rd person and even cutscenes, half of their work was just ditched - so please it could have been way better as the devs intended the game to be but decisions were made upon their heads. they only can try to work around this situation now... not easy for them as well but I think they will come up with some solutions to make it at least a bit more like the concept was in the first place... if there are still some of the original dev staff left they should have the inspiration and talent to work things out - at least that's my hope...

As I said, 4 in production.

Also, notice that prior to the games release everyone was talking about bow excited they were for a game that had been in production for 7 years and it's only post release that we hear people saying, "oh, it was more story boarding for 3 and maybe 4 in full productiom."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom