My feedback and QoL suggestions

+
Hello, CDPR team!

First of all I want to congratulate you on CP2077 release. To get this out of the way - yes, it is a rocky start and there is a lot of work yet to be done... Nevertheless, it is the one of the GREATEST games I've ever played and dreamed of. Developing games (especially such complex games like CP2077) is uneasy so I wish you to hold strong, enthusiastic and passionate on what you are doing guys. Keep it up!

I am looking forward for further game improvements and can't wait for those to come. Talking about the improvements I humbly want to suggest some things that I came across playing this game. Here goes the list:

1. Athletics skill
Athletics is taking FOREVER to improve. While being one of the most used skills (running, jumping, brawling etc.) it is still lags behind all other skills. I am having BIG difficulties trying to improve it.

2. Engineering skill
Same as athletics but in much less degree. Still, it is the second skill which lags behind other ones. Also, maybe it will be nice to make usage of smart weapons to count while using smart link cyberware.

3. Skill progression description
Trying to find information about which actions improve which skill I found... None. Some of them are definitely obvious but I literally got stuck on athletics and engineering...

4. Attributes reset
While having resetting perks is a good thing to have it is rather very restrictive to disable player from resetting their attributes. I could be very interesting to try invest into other attributes to try different builds mid-game.

5. Character appearance change
While being able to widely (at some extent) customize a character I was somewhat disappointed by not having to change my character appearance/sex mid-game to try out different looks.

6. New game +
While I can't wait for this mode, I really wish that It could be replayable infinite times. More on that: if you completed the game - you can start a NG+. But after completing a NG+, you can start another NG+ based on your previous "+" playthrough. Infinitely. Also, allow us to choose different life path during creation of NG+.

7. Level cap
Please, remove the level cap. Or at least make possible to max out all attributes and perks. In some other RPG-alike games where it is possible to max out every ability and attribute I was highly motivated to replay the game and try out different things without restrictions and I really believe I am not the one here.

6. Iconic gear blueprints
When I disassembled my very first "Black unicorn" sword I found out, that upgrade requires the original one in order to be upgraded. And to my frustration I did not find any blueprints for that... So, please, could you add a possibility to craft these iconic items.

Well, that is it for now. I really hope this message will reach CDPR team, You guys are awesome and doing a great job and cannot express this enough.

UPDATE 1

Walking toggle
I am really missing ability to toggle walking while playing with keyboard and suggest to add it to the controls menu.

UPDATE 2

Inventory markers
While playing I often find myself struggling with big amount of objects in my inventory. Due to huge clutter accumulating after looting everything eyes can see I even dismantled a couple of things I really needed. It would be handy to have markers like "Mark for selling", "Mark for dismantling" and "Lock" in order to have more control over inventory and protect player from accidental item selling/dismantling.

Weapon/Car customization
While playing the game we can meet different paint jobs for weapons and cars. Too shame we cannot apply those by ourselves.

Gorilla arms/mantis blades/monowire damage scaling
While progressing through game I found cyberware having MUCH less damage than blades or blunt weapons. I think this cyberware should scale to a player level so it could be actually useful in the later game stage. By the way, projectile launcher is OP AF and definitely needs rework.

Ability to sell cyberware
Just this. I have SO many cyberware I don't need and that I've got from missions which just sits in my inventory without ANY useful purpose.

Driving navigation
Please, add some kind of visual navigation . I can't even count how many times I crashed into things while looking on my map or how many corners I missed because I was looking on the road.

Fashion
Before the game launch there was a talk about style in night city. And we have plenty of clothes to choose from (and still could have had more options, though)... Until we don't speak attributes. There is a big struggle choosing between stats and appearance. I think it could be solved by introducing some kind of separation between these two entities. Side note: randomized gear sold by vendors often times makes me just standing near them and skipping DAYS in order to find a thing I actually looking for. Why not making them sell all possible things at once?

Motorcycle handling
Handling of bikes seems really off when trying to decrease speed. Often times they just got spun out and it would really help to stabilize braking for them.

Last edited:
I cannot still post my own thread so I am here scoring points in the meantime

so I add one of the gripes I have, the driving

1) please make the minimap a bit larger when I enter the vehicle so I can see more of the autopath to destination
2) make the minimap flash yellow when in the autopath a turn is approaching, so I can enjoy the ride and not constantly staring at that damn minimap.

Top Bottom