My idea for weather redesign

+
My idea for weather redesign

The idea is simple: Everytime a weather effect is applied it creates a 2 or 3 str Aard (or whatever fits the lore) card on the corresponding lane of the caster. Weather can be removed as usual OR by destroying/locking the newly created card. Initial swing would be a bit stronger but there would also be more options to remove the weather and some decks/archetypes could deal with it without wasting precious spots to tech specifically against weather. Due to initial swing weather would still be powerful but things like weather spell decks would have a harder time since they can be interacted with.

If I may, I have another idea.
CDPR tried to reduce units in weather effect to one and it was too punishing, but what about coming back to this type of rule except it would reduce every units in the weather to half their strengh (rounded up). It would still be casted only on the opposing side of the board but will be easier to fight against even though you don't have a clear skies in hand.

The problem of weather is that it's too hard to fight against if you don't find a hard counter to it (I mean, technically it's not but I have to admit, weather spam can be a massive pain in the butt) but if you reduce units power to half the strengh it should be good enough to worth playing and it would be possible to fight through (you just have to produce double the strengh of the affected row(s).

From this point they could adjust the rules of some cards (Nithral, Skellige storm...) so they feet to this mechanic and the different weather types (frost, fog, rain...) would just synergy with some specific cards (Nithral for frost, Foglet for fog...)

Top Bottom