Naming your deck

• For

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Against

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
Naming your deck

I think it would be cool if the name of your deck was visible to other players. I mean whats the point of being able to give your decks clever names if no one will know but you? For or against

As witty as some of my deck names are, they are still set so that I know what they do. And I would think that allowing my opponent to see what I called it, could well give him an idea of what might be in it.

Yep, I always had a neo deck with Ailirenn (not anymore because...Ailirenn), and it was called "Humans to the sea!", so maybe it was a bit revealing...

Noela;n7877450 said:
Yep, I always had a neo deck with Ailirenn (not anymore because...Ailirenn), and it was called "Humans to the sea!", so maybe it was a bit revealing...
"Not bad."

I'm against the idea because of the above stated reasons. I name my decks only by the factions they represent, i.e. "Northern Realms". The proposed idea would not affect me, therefore, but would reveal possible enemy tactics and strategies. I see it as unnecessary and quite trivial when compared to other problems in the game presently.

i named my homemade ST deck "ithlinne's prophecy".i think its kind of a tell that i play ithlinne in it,so i have to say no.as cool as something like this would be,there are just to many problems with it :/.

I voted choice three... I don't think the idea would be bad for friend matches. However, Casual and Ranked are probably not the places to share information or require censorship (because people will take advantage of it).

Well in my opinion if you take the time come up with a clever name you should be able to display it. As for revealing information, most of the time you know what the other person is gonna play by which leader they chose. I mean if your just naming decks to help you remember then why not keep the names already there like Foltest #1, #2, and #3. Censorship could definitely be a problem.

No, would limit me in my naming because all my decks would reveal their purpose.

"Spy Me A River"
"Dragon's Fire"
"NomVranNom"
"Dwarf Up"
"There Will Be Treason"
"Mageguard"
"Ihr schwulen Engländer"
"The Wild Cunts"
"The Last Bombs"

and so on.... guess what they do :D

But what im saying is you have already chosen your deck. You cant go back and pick different cards once you see the opposing teams name. When you pick a deck you basically have chosen how you want to play. You cant know which deck you are going to play against. Even if i saw one of your names and knew you were playing spies. Its not like i can just pick new cards to counter that. I can redraw a few at the beginning hoping to get what i need but thats it. It shouldnt change your playstyle at least not enough that would matter

It could also be used to trick opponents now that i think about. You could name your deck something but actually be playing something else.

DCeiTFuL;n7878690 said:
It could also be used to trick opponents now that i think about. You could name your deck something but actually be playing something else.

Relevant username XD

Koaalar.424;n7878470 said:
"Ihr schwulen Engländer"
Bitte was? Aus reiner Neugier: Welche Karten stecken denn da drin? Langboote und jede Menge Wikinger?
Sorry, but I felt forced to ask my fellow countryman in German language. Not at least because of some offending potential in the name of the deck ... ;)

Greenspindle;n7886070 said:
Bitte was? Aus reiner Neugier: Welche Karten stecken denn da drin? Langboote und jede Menge Wikinger?
Sorry, but I felt forced to ask my fellow countryman in German language. Not at least because of some offending potential in the name of the deck ... ;)

Hier bitte
https://youtu.be/ngUCTasTxZ4

falls du dir das ganze Video ned anschauen kannst, die wichtigen zwei Szenen für den Decknamen

https://youtu.be/ngUCTasTxZ4?t=1m34s
https://youtu.be/ngUCTasTxZ4?t=3m1s

Ich denke jetzt sollte klar sein, welche Karten drinnen sind :D

Rot Tosser und Prize winning cow + Operarot :D

That idea would force people to use names that have nothing to do with what the deck actually does. Otherwise it would give away too much. I'm currently using 10 decks and this idea would make that a bit confusing for me ;)

Top Bottom