New Cards that aren't used

+
ser2440;n10384322 said:
Seltkirk. He is not that bad. Just not good. That is the problem :p
Sihil. NEVER seen it aside from once in the PTR. Ι feel it might be nice for spy decks though.

Both cards are getting buffed, potentially making them competitively viable.

Also, Vandergrift's Sword (NR), only seen it once. The effect is so much weaker to Mandrake it makes you wonder how the card is specialy at all.

Same for Peter Saar, it used to be a really good card for Nilfgaard but gets overclassed by Mandrake by miles. Should at least cripple for 4, so it can target nekker and many other stuff.

diabloirlandes;n10384512 said:
Also, Vandergrift's Sword (NR), only seen it once. The effect is so much weaker to Mandrake it makes you wonder how the card is specialy at all.

Same for Peter Saar, it used to be a really good card for Nilfgaard but gets overclassed by Mandrake by miles. Should at least cripple for 4, so it can target nekker and many other stuff.

Vandergrift's will kill something that's power 8, Mandrake will not.

Peter Saar is just Mandrake the second. I think with his body he gives a slightly bigger swing, and you can double him up with Emhyr, so there's that.

Vernon Roche is a great card in Blue Stripe decks and I haven't seen one without him yet. The only thing really weird about him is that you don't want to draw him, because bascially every other card has more value than him, when played. I belive he should be: Deal 7 damage to an enemy. If you kill it, create 2 Blue Stripe Commandos with the same power at the bottom of your deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
It would be interesting if they changed Gaunter O'Dimm's gamble to actually be a riddle and not just luck. Maybe something like guessing the > or < 6 points from the card description?

Guest 4226291

OG.laloquaint;n10175752 said:
Surprised to see Pavko Gale on your list. I use him in all of my ST decks. I haven't seen quite a few cards myself:

- Slave Hunter (Literally only myself)
- Master of Disguise
- Normal Aguara
- Bone Talisman
- Saskia: Dragonfire
- Foltest Pride
- Usurper
- Doppler
- Eist Tuirseach/Whispering Hillock (I've seen them the least, even though they're the leaders I want the most)
- Geralt: Yrden (Funny how people thought this card was going to be op and it's nowhere to be seen lol.)

That’s because he was nerfed before the update launched

DRK3;n10175002 said:
Whispess: Tribute - seen once, a few days ago, by a crones deck

I use her in my relic deck. It gives me huge value (pulls monster nest with a fatty goul gives me around 26 points in every game), I am surprised that more people do not use it, although I do not see too many relic decks.

DRK3;n10175002 said:
Giant Boar - seen once, destroyed a 8 pt unit so it only provided him 10 pts

I tried to play it with shieldmaidens (then the destroyed unit is low value target) but it is poor. At first I though the boar was strengthen, but it only boosts itself.

DRK3;n10175002 said:
Foltest's Pride - seen once. Honestly, it doesnt feel that much better than a bronze NR machine

Wow, I am surprised you saw somebody using this card, you might play a lot.

I agree overall with the other comments. I tried boulder with the movement deck and it is poor value card. Nivellen is much better new card in movement than boulder.

Last edited:
I use gaunter odimm consistantly have since his release, prefer the old gaunter, but he still works 90% of the time higher is correct answer, he averages 16 point score, maximum 70 point swings ive experienced too 6 point failures more that then 70 point swings though, got a solid flavandrel rockslide from him being a 29 point swing pretty good in my opinion, would be nice to make him a 50:50 though without the “equal too 6” but eh beggers cant be chooser, i shall continue to use gaunter to try get gaunter that would be epic once in a life time lol

OG.laloquaint;n10175752 said:
Surprised to see Pavko Gale on your list. I use him in all of my ST decks. I haven't seen quite a few cards myself:

- Slave Hunter (Literally only myself)
- Master of Disguise
- Normal Aguara
- Bone Talisman
- Saskia: Dragonfire
- Foltest Pride
- Usurper
- Doppler
- Eist Tuirseach/Whispering Hillock (I've seen them the least, even though they're the leaders I want the most)
- Geralt: Yrden (Funny how people thought this card was going to be op and it's nowhere to be seen lol.)

People (including myself) though Gerald Yrden would be OP because he was first announced as a 1O str unit that resets every units on the board and destroys all tokens.
CDPR just made the right decision and nerfed him before the patch came out but believe me, if they didn't this card would have been OP as hell (well...we wouldn't have that much trouble with consume I guess, that would have been a bonus lol).

I don't mind about the new cards not being played because they're supposed to fit in a different format (assumably limited). I have much more of a problem with cards that were supposed to be played in this new format but made it in constructed (like Slave driver or Elven scout) not that I don't like the idea but they ended up being OP which isn't great imo.

Last edited:
Who's got space in their decks for all these cards? Everyone's running Ciri:nova/gigni/scorch and silver spy/summoning circle. :p

DRK3;n10175002 said:
Boulder - only seen once, against a SC movement deck

Ha, I used one in my movement deck for a while. Pretty sure it confused some people and they had to check my graveyard to see what happened. But honestly, even in movement it's not that good.

DRK3

Forum veteran
panerola I think you confused the Gold Crones cards. The Whispess Tribute is not the Relict one, which i too use on a full relict deck and i've also seen others use.

The relict one is Weavess: Incantation. Whispess Tribute is the Organic card one (and which i dont think i've seen since i made the 1st post here)

DRK3;n10401372 said:
panerola I think you confused the Gold Crones cards. The Whispess Tribute is not the Relict one, which i too use on a full relict deck and i've also seen others use. The relict one is Weavess: Incantation. Whispess Tribute is the Organic card one (and which i dont think i've seen since i made the 1st post here)
Thanks, you are right, I was confused

Top Bottom