I am not defending this, but your complaints are far fetched.Seriously defending this blatant ripoff? Yeah its a way, a way to once again screw over Beta players who invested two years of their time playing and grinding the game and rightfully earned all the stuff they have.
1. CDPR decides to steal all our powder and convert it to scraps at full release,
2. then they remove ability to use the scraps to craft premiums after they asured us that won't be the case,
3. and now they are trying to screw us over from our scrap reserves so that in the end they can reduce the value of our resources earned over years of Beta testing as much as they possibly can.
Even if you had 1 million+ scraps, 4000 for 5 random cards is a blatant ripoff no matter how you look at it.
1) They didn't steal. They gave all the worth with scraps. I liked it and I greatly benefited from it. People may be having some reservation about this move, but IMHO it is justified and needed.
2) They gave plenty of time to do the conversion. I got full premium collection and 15K MP after converting every single drop of scraps to MP and now. This was necessary for the game to sustain. (Even though I hate the way they executed it. Not informing before actually making it live as they mentioned, etc. Nonetheless, the careful ones who cared the most for MP, converted it)
3) Before the above mentioned change, we were able to convert the scraps to MP roughly at the rate of 10%. 200 scraps became 20 MP when converting common bronze and 800 scraps became 80 MP for converting Epic gold. (But smart people converted the Rare bronze card which gave better conversion rate of 12.5% yielding 50 MP for 400 scraps). Now they are giving 3.5% to 5.75% of conversion rate (worst case: 3 common, and 2 rares = 110 MP to Nearly Best Case: 3 common, 1 rare and 1 legendary 230 MP for 4000 scraps). I know I know.. it is much lesser, but it is still something. MP directly relates to CDPR's income and allowing to convert it itself is something. That is the way I see it.
BTW, I didn't get to buy any of these kegs. I converted every single last drop of scraps before the economy change and currently have only 5800 scraps (after crafting most of the cards: Full collection in SK, NR, NG, and MO and many many Neutrals). So, I am not defending because I got benefited. I didn't get anything. Just saying that those who didn't do the conversion can do it now for a lesser %. But I don't see this as a rip-off. It is a way to help beta players do conversion, those who forgot to convert and have thousands and thousands of scraps.