New Lambert question

+
New Lambert question

Does anyone know how exactly does the new Lambert work?

For example, let's say the siege row is: ship, priestess, ship, ship. If you target the first ship, it takes 5 damage and that's it. If you target the second ship, it takes 5 damage and the one directly next to it takes 4 damage.Is that correct?

Lambert would hit all three ships. The cards don't need to be next to each other, they only need to be on the same side ( = opponent's side) of the board.

Are you positive? Do you have the card or have you seen it in action? Because the description says: "on it's side" not "on it's side of the board".

Sorry for being insistent. I just don't want to waste 800 scraps on a "gold" card.

bilbo.baggins;n9437101 said:
Are you positive? Do you have the card or have you seen it in action? Because the description says: "on it's side" not "on it's side of the board".

Sorry for being insistent. I just don't want to waste 800 scraps on a "gold" card.

"On its side" refers to the side of the board the card is on. If it meant the cards need to be next to each other it would say "adjacent to".

Also yes, I have used the card so I'm 110 % positive. :)

bilbo.baggins;n9437101 said:

Don't worry, I have the card and it work just like Ramcius said.
It's not that good though, most of the time you're going hit things without killing them and you have to be lucky if you want to get full value out of it.

He's great against Queensguard, like pretty much everything in this new patch, and Celeano harpy which is not nearly as good as it used to be.

He's not even that good against PFI because decks that play them usually play with Thunderbolt potion, which means either you have to play him early and get minimum value or you wait and hit mainly armor...

RidiculousName;n9437271 said:
"On its side" refers to the side of the board the card is on. If it meant the cards need to be next to each other it would say "adjacent to".

I've been hoarding my scraps for a while now ( i was waiting for the patch ), and after the patch changes i'm reluctant to craft any golds or silvers ( still missing quite a few ). Lambert though, even considering the gold change, sounds like a very worthy craft option. Thanks.

bilbo.baggins;n9437431 said:
I've been hoarding my scraps for a while now ( i was waiting for the patch ), and after the patch changes i'm reluctant to craft any golds or silvers ( still missing quite a few ). Lambert though, even considering the gold change, sounds like a very worthy craft option. Thanks.

It's smart to want to be certain. :D

RidiculousName;n9437271 said:

GenLiu;n9437321 said:
Don't worry, I have the card and it work just like Ramcius said.
It's not that good though, most of the time you're going hit things without killing them and you have to be lucky if you want to get full value out of it.

He's great against Queensguard, like pretty much everything in this new patch, and Celeano harpy which is not nearly as good as it used to be.

He's not even that good against PFI because decks that play them usually play with Thunderbolt potion, which means either you have to play him early and get minimum value or you wait and hit mainly armor...

I've got plenty of scraps, and from the 6 neutral golds i'm missing, he sounds like the best option. Maybe Eskel is better, but i quite like Lambert's ability.

EDIT: Oops. Double post. Can a moderator delete my post above this one?

Last edited:
I got Eskel and am quite happy with him. First round he kills almost any drop before it can boost, and he gives you a 7 point body. Good for gaining an early lead and forcing the opponent to forfeit the round. Lambert on the other hand is more situational. But he can be really advantageous against certain decks.

bilbo.baggins;n9437551 said:

I've got plenty of scraps, and from the 6 neutral golds i'm missing, he sounds like the best option. Maybe Eskel is better, but i quite like Lambert's ability.

EDIT: Oops. Double post. Can a moderator delete my post above this one?

No problem. The most important thing is that you don't regret your choice but if you had the crush on the card I don't see any reason not to give it a try.

If you want some advices about the new Gold/Silver cards to craft in priority I would say that Eskel is very strong (he can be tricky to play at times but it's almost impossible to get no value out of him).
I would also strongly recommend to pick Artifact compression. This card is awesome and can save quiet a few games in the right deck (not something you want to put everywhere but in a control format it's an auto include at least imo...kind of the premium version of Mardroem).

GenLiu;n9438911 said:
No problem. The most important thing is that you don't regret your choice but if you had the crush on the card I don't see any reason not to give it a try.

If you want some advices about the new Gold/Silver cards to craft in priority I would say that Eskel is very strong (he can be tricky to play at times but it's almost impossible to get no value out of him).
I would also strongly recommend to pick Artifact compression. This card is awesome and can save quiet a few games in the right deck (not something you want to put everywhere but in a control format it's an auto include at least imo...kind of the premium version of Mardroem).

Maybe i'll craft both of them, i have 17k scraps after all. I'm sure, when i play ranked again, Eskel will be useful and help me get some extra goodies. At the moment, i'm in no hurry to craft super good golds. I play a 1 gold deck ( in casual ) and i'm getting by just fine. :)

Actually, Artefact is the card i crafted right after the patch. I tried it for a few games, it's a good card. I'll probably use it again when i build a more serious deck.

Top Bottom