Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special Russian edition of Night City Wire (with English subtitles) focused on the localization process. There are some clips that we know of from TGS (and couple of seconds of new footage with Royce, which looks like the aftermatch of peaceful resolution of the conflict with the Maelstrom) plus footage of Russian voice actors reading some lines from the game (including a piece of dialogue between V and Johnny)

- male V voice actor said that they recorded a thousands of unique dialogues just for city's ambience. He considers Night City to be the first city in any video game that feels authentic

- to him Night City feels like one of the main characters of the game, more specifically, the main villain of the story

- Senior localization project manager said that the game already has more voice lines recorded then the entire Witcher 3 with both expansions combined. The game also features more characters and voice actors then TW3

- they don't consider any language to be "original" and they are aiming at making every version of the game sound like it's the language the game was originally recorded at. This is why one of the rules that they established for every localization team is "Do not copy English!"

- there are characters who speak Russian in every version of the game, like many members of Scavengers gang or two people who arrived to Night City from USSR on diplomatic mission, so no matter in what language you play, you will always hear some of the Russian voice overs that they recorded for the game. The same applies to other nationalities as well, like Japanese, Mexican or Brazillian characters who will speak only in their native language

- Senior localization project manager was especially fond of Russian voice over for Kirk Sawyer (fixer that we can meet in the Street Kid prologue) and apparently his voice actor is a surprise that he doesn't want to reveal yet

- Russian voice actor for Geralt from The Witcher games will be featured in the game as a character, which he describes as a voice of Night City

- Senior localization project manager was especially fond of Russian voice over for Kirk Sawyer (fixer that we can meet in the Street Kid prologue) and apparently his voice actor is a surprise that he doesn't want to reveal yet
I'm Russian, but I play my games in English (as long as the seller provides, Titanfall 2 DIGITAL only had Russian and Polish, oof), and I am still super excited to find out what's the surprise. I will be playing Cyberpunk 2077 in English entirely, but there are some very prominent voice actors of my childhood that I'd love to hear again - they were that great. Some of them made me feel like the Russian voice over was better than English in particular cases, too.

Honestly, though, I thought we could get a little chance to see more of the gameplay or something. Still was a fine episode, especially that part when some Russian guy who apparently works at Warszaw CDPR said there will be certain NPCs who speak their native language exclusively. Didn't expect too see that from someone else beside Saburo Arasaka.

^
Cyberpunk_2077_—_Official_Trailer_—_The_Gig.gif

Tweet for reference:

You can watch the shows from latest trailer on your TV :)

I can't wait to get a job from a fixer and then spend the day slacking off watching TV in my apartment and then going for some street food from a vendor.

I don't really understand the point of the cages in the left side of the screen. The only thing that comes to mind is that this thing can be used as a walkway.
They're surrounding the NCART rail. That's the elevated monorail for the NCART system inside it. The colourful cage things are just decoration around it in that area of the city.

By the way, there was this post NCW interview with Patrick Mills that I think many people missed. I posted it's summary on the polish forum, so I guess I might post it here as well. Not many new things here, but still it's always a couple of interesting details.

- we can acquire things belonging to the gangs, like clothes, vehicles and the weapons by staying at their good graces, but also by simply killing it's members. There are some other benefits we can receive from working with the gangs as well that he didn't want to spoil

- when it comes to the option of working alongside Trauma Team, he also refused to share any details about that due to potential spoilers, but we will definitely encounter them at the different points of the game

- they didn't wanted to include a classic reputation system in their game based on the mechanical, repeatable actions, instead they wanted the player to form relationships with the gangs (and other factions in the game) through story choices

- when he was asked whether there will be a minigame similar to Gwent, he responded that they have something like that in the game, although they didn't reveal that yet

- he is unable to give the exact number of quests in the game, but there is a ton of content (main quests, larger side quests, plenty of minor quests and side activities)

- when it comes to the lack of loading screens in the game during exploration, Patrick clarified one misconception that some people (like Alanah) had, the elevators in the game don't serve as a hidden loading screen, they simply there to take you to places. He himself is not sure how their engineers managed to pulled that off. We might see brief loading screens only when we are using fast travel or during a certain scenes (like ones that involve some form of time skip)

- they are only allowing the players to explore a certain number of buildings. In his opinion being able to enter every building in the game is something that everyone thinks they want, but in reality that would make for a really tedious experience. What's more, that would force them to rely on procedurally generated content for the interiors, which they would rather avoid

- the main story will be slightly shorter then the one in The Witcher 3, because people complained that the one in the third Witcher was dragging on too much at times and that's why many, while they did play the game a lot, never managed to finish it. Currently they are still testing how long it will take to complete the entire game, but there is a lot of content, so it should be pretty long

- we can use fast travel via DataTerms and subway stations

- every quest can be completed without killing anybody, although it might be quite challenging, seeing how violent this world is. In order to do that, you need to choose the right dialogue options, choose your fights carefully and look for the way out from certain confrontations

- although he didn't give the exact number of romance options, he revealed that all potential love interests were already shown in the promotional materials. He was curious whether people manage to figure out who those people are

- regarding whether we will be able to destroy some gang completely, he didn't want to reveal much, but he suggested that if something like that occured in the game, it would depend on our story choices and it's not something we can do by shooting random gang members on the streets

- when it comes to health regeneration, it will return with time after using consumables, but also after we acquire a certain perks and cyberware. There is a lot of different consumables in the game, which gives us various bonuses. Consuming them at the right time is a part of "high level play"
When was this interview? I'm interested to hear that the Subway is back as a form of fast travel, since a while ago it was said they had cut the NCART system from the game as a useable feature. Here's hoping we can still ride it without fast travel!

View attachment 11061284

Man, this looks so much better than 2018
God that is sexy! Love the holograph markers that the TT vehicle is putting out on the ground. Detail like that makes me shiver!

Last edited:
When was this interview? I'm interested to hear that the Subway is back as a form of fast travel, since a while ago it was said they had cut the NCART system from the game as a useable feature. Here's hoping we can still ride it without fast travel!
You can find it right here (only as a part of the stream, since I don't think it was posted separately).

Yuki Nishio (Japan localize manager at CDPR) just tweeted this:
(Pic shows part of the script of Cyberpunk 2077, which is an insane amount!)
Based on that picture and description, I don't think we have to worry about the lack of story content in this game.

You can find it right here (only as a part of the stream, since I don't think it was posted separately).

Based on that picture and description, I don't think we have to worry about the lack of story content in this game.

Yep, and it's only partial.

Somewhat unrelated: This reminded me of another such photograph about game script:
kcds.jpg

I think that sounded like you use a subway station as a quick travel terminal. Maybe there could be an animation, I dont know.
I'd hope at least that there would be something akin to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's subway fast travel. Personally my ideal would to be able to just ride it and watch the city go by from stop to stop similar to RDR2/GTAIV

It seems like Cyberpunk 2077 will receive full Korean voice over after all (it has been cancelled some time after initial announcement) and in fact they have been working on it since April in secret. Here's the special video (with English subtitles) in which Marcin Iwiński (with a new haircut) makes the announcement. There is also an interview with Korean community manager and male V voice actor, as well as The Gig trailer dubbed in Korean, for anyone interested.

On similar note, they released a gameplay clip with Italian dub:

Special Russian edition of Night City Wire (with English subtitles) focused on the localization process.

Wow, looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble for the localisations. My second playthrough may be in French if all the teams have gone to that much trouble :)

I must say I was surprised that (mentioned at 18:27) some of the actors left the project because of the adult themes in the script; swearing, prostitution, etc. I'm not judging them or anything, just surprised. I thought VO work was like gold dust in so far as there are so many applicants you'd take whatever you can get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom