Nilfgaard and Open Beta.

+
Tibor is easily countered with 1 single card. Stop complaining about him being OP. Its just you are too lazy to carry counter for him. It is your problem.
He is okay.

Alts-Gamer;n8787520 said:
Tibor is easily countered with 1 single card. Stop complaining about him being OP. Its just you are too lazy to carry counter for him. It is your problem.
He is okay.

Um... funny how we now have a second person defending Tibor and they resort as well to an insult in their response. It is not lazy to not include a dbomb. For ones like me, somelack the card in the first place or one would be n my deck. But I'm saving for another legendary. For some decks, they cannot spare the silver slot. And one overly popular and OP card is not a requirement to have to carry it. With buff decks it makes it more reasonable.
If you are going to respond on this thread do try to show some respect for the opinions of other posters. It's okay to disagree but ladened with insults does not strengthen your arguement, it weakens it.

Stormangel;n8790360 said:
If you are going to respond on this thread do try to show some respect for the opinions of other posters. It's okay to disagree but ladened with insults does not strengthen your arguement, it weakens it.

This is how it is. There is a card that counters him. This is practically never a dead card considering current meta of buffing units. It can even be used to restore your own units on the weather row. If you do not want to carry it - okay this is your decision. But this is exactly what you had to do considering amount of Tibors. It is your problem you did not do it and you wanted to "save a slot for another card".

Don't think that anybody was insulted there. You had a counter provided? You do. You carry it? No. You complain about the card which you did not even bother to counter? Yes.

Did you care to beat this strategy with smart thinking and unexpected moves? No, you want somebody else (CDPR) to do everything instead.
You are lazy then. And this is not an insult, this is description of objective state of things.

Last edited:
Alts-Gamer;n8790520 said:
This is how it is. There is a card that counters him. This is practically never a dead card considering current meta of buffing units. It can even be used to restore your own units on the weather row. If you do not want to carry it - okay this is your decision. But this is exactly what you had to do considering amount of Tibors. It is your problem you did not do it and you wanted to "save a slot for another card".

Don't think that anybody was insulted there. You had a counter provided? You do. You carry it? No. You complain about the card which you did not even bother to counter? Yes.

Did you care to beat this strategy with smart thinking and unexpected moves? No, you want somebody else (CDPR) to do everything instead.
You are lazy then. And this is not an insult, this is description of objective state of things.

I'm not lazy and it IS an insult. It is not a statement of fact. It is an easy way to try to establish some form of moral superiority instead of having an intelligent discourse. "I'm right and your wrong because I insulted you and called my point indefensible and factual!" Kid, you don't know me to say that. The lack of respect for other people's opinions is pathetic sometimes and why I usually avoid forum conversations. All of this thread is opinions laced with some numbers. No one's opinions are facts unless there is clear examples given, and even there it might be more involved than that and can be discoursed. But come on! Calling someone lazy only made your point less valid.
As for your argument,let's compare Tibor to Hjalmar, it's closest analog.
First off, though Skellige is a fun faction I play ad and have invested in, there is now in the current meta it compares for tempo and powerful techs to Nilfgaard. The bronzes and silvers are the core where you see the imbalance. Sure Skellige has great things like archers and axemen, but they are easy to disrupt whereas spies and medics and rot tossers and similar mostly play for instant effect. I'm mainly discussing with Calveit deck in mind here, so ignoring spotters and the like. The only mainstay offhand that builds up is the Brigade. Meanwhile most Skellige strats involve combos. And then medics let's you steal those hard built cards next round.
But the overall imbalance of Nilfgaard aside, Hjalmar is 25 gold if he can destroy the Lord. Otherwise he is a net 10 if shackled, 23 if deploy used (bad idea), or 15 minus the lord if the Lord is buffed past a kill range. And no matter what, it takes 2 cards (Hjalmar and the kill card) to make him 25.
Now Tibor in comparison Even with dbomb, all that is done is making him a 10 silver by only 1 card in the entire game. Otherwise it's a minimum 2 card combo to shackle and then damage him enough to matter. 25 fricking points with only one effective way to stop it. Yes there is the bronze card part of this, but a) very variable there and b) it is usually played so late in game that most any bronze will not be of any help aside from a spotter or similar buffed in hand/deck card. It is a gamebreaker.
Tibor is usually an I win card. No doubt about it, and the only ones not seeing he is overpowered rely on him. You would complain if he was in another deck instead of Nilfgaard or you would be playing that faction instead.
The factions are unbalanced. That is clear by the number of Calveit decks encountered. And yet it's not Tibor the problem. It's you are so damn good at a stupid game or I am lazy. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. When you feel like a discourse and not an ego trip, I will respond to you again. But I'm done expressing my point to people who refuse to even communicate without belittling phrases to accentuate their OPINIONS. Games like these are a difficult thing for the devs to balance and I understand it and am simply geetting my views out there. And I can do it while speaking like an adult. Try it on sometime.

Top Bottom