Nonexistant Vehicle AI

+
I parked my car on the curb. Apparently, this driver is not able to pass by my car and considers the road blocked. Doesn't really matter though, since if I walk a few meters, the NPC cars despawn anyway...

I think it's just really sad that they didn't invest the time to implement a proper vehicle AI, as other open world games such as GTA or WatchDogs have had for a long time. It's these details that just make the visually beautiful world of Night City seem like an empty shell, a facade that you can look behind way too often. :(

20201213003546_1.jpg

NPCs behavior is so simple! they need to improve they AI for car drivers and for people on sideways. also for cops spawn and behavior.

This was never meant to be a GTA competitor, it was always more narrative and gameplay focused, and you can tell, because those aspects of the game are awesome. I think of it more as an RPG/Adventure.

Well, CDPR actually promised immersive living believable world. This is not it. You park few centimeters in the road and completely stop traffic. Also, there are almost no cars in the city, even on ultra details with the highest crowd density in settings. Roads in the city feel really empty. Not immersive, nor belieavable

LEGO City
a good example of a well executed AI

And don't forget that you have water physics in the "Lego" world, it wasn't necessary but it exists.

This was never meant to be a GTA competitor, it was always more narrative and gameplay focused, and you can tell, because those aspects of the game are awesome. I think of it more as an RPG/Adventure.

I'm always the first person to come up and say that Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't attempt to do anything or be anything like a GTA experience, and that all these complains about the AI don't affect me or get me out of the experience at all compared as to how I approach the game; however, there are still some standards to consider at the hour making an open-world game, especially one which was constantly labeled as "the next generation of open-world games". Truly, what it is happening with the Vehicles & NPCs inside this game is nothing more than a dissapointment at the programming level, no worthy of what was once (or multiple times) promised. There are no excuses here, no when you have many games that do AI vehicles quite better, even games from decades ago.

For me, despite not really caring much about the AI in vehicles, I won't deny improving that aspect of the game would add a little bit for the inmersion; maybe to a minor degree for me, but a huge degree for others.

I had a maelstrom vehicle fully loaded with gangers chase me with it's occupants hanging out of the window last night. I have never seen this outside of scripted scenes. Was good to see though

I have a very basic idea about coding but I remember that usually you sit down and draw a schematic of how you want your program to operate. On a piece of paper. With a pen in your hand. And you include elements that you want your program to execute and how they interact with one another. And then, when you have all those elements planned, you code. But my knowledge of the subject is sketchy at best and more than a decade old so maybe nowadays kids do those things differently. I'd love to know the backstory behind why the game AI is so impossibly bad.

I've seen this excuse a few times on these forums. It really is quite a stretch in defending the game. GTA aside, this game does simulate a large city. Traffic is a big part of that. Driving is part of the gameplay. [...]

I've seen this excuse a few times on these forums. It really is quite a stretch in defending the game. GTA aside, this game does simulate a large city. Traffic is a big part of that. Driving is part of the gameplay. [...]

On point. The two simple facts of the matter that so many people can't seem to be able to reconcile those last 4 months are:

1. It is not and never was meant to be a GTA-type game. (I'd argue it's so much more than GTA it's beyond comparison, and its infinitely more engaging)

2. The above, while true, is not an excuse for the absurd absence of AI routines: you simulate a city – you have to do it justice.

Just for those who say "it's an RPG, not a simulation". Think of it this way: you are roleplaying a character in a city. Do you want other people around you act like people in a city or not? Do you want to feel like you are in a city, surrounded by other people or not? For me it's quite an immersion breaker- being surrounder by moving manequins instead of people.

Just for those who say "it's an RPG, not a simulation". Think of it this way: you are roleplaying a character in a city. Do you want other people around you act like people in a city or not? Do you want to feel like you are in a city, surrounded by other people or not? For me it's quite an immersion breaker- being surrounder by moving manequins instead of people.
every game is immersion breaking, because in every game npcs are just manueqins

Top Bottom